What would happen if anet made a pvp/wvw event where every profession had their pve balancing?

Serperior.6541

This is an interesting question. WvW less so, so I'll skip it and focus on PvP. Let's get the obvious out of the way, thief is broken in this hypothetical. Like really broken. Like possibly the most broken any build has ever been in PvP. You get your old mobility, actually really strong burst, and headshot is now a 2 second daze that is nearly instant and also does something like 4k-5k damage if it interrupts you, for 4 initiative. Also dagger auto does good DPS now (which it always should've tbh). 

Beyond that, condi builds are broken because now you wont have enough cleanse to ever survive, CC becomes insane so everyone has to run 2 or 3 stunbreaks, and classes that arent good at CC or condi that arent thief just fall off a cliff. 

And as a result, I can see a deathball meta forming, both to deal with thief trying to +1 people, but also to deal with how crazy condi becomes and how neccessary AoE cleanses become. So it gets very snowbally, and  very macro-heavy. It almost sounds like a neat game, but it + random matchmaking + low playercount sounds like hell.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:40 AM, Pati.2438 said:

juuust spellbraker since fullcounter would deal around 12k dmg dodge does just like 2k and stuff xD. Like PvE spellbraker is just the Spellbraker that isnt hard nerfed e-spec mechnanic wise xd

lol no, people would one shot spellbreaker before it gets the adrenaline.

on topic:

everybody would be on thief, or another stealth class like scrapper or teleport classes and one shot people left and right

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

This is an interesting question. WvW less so, so I'll skip it and focus on PvP. Let's get the obvious out of the way, thief is broken in this hypothetical. Like really broken. Like possibly the most broken any build has ever been in PvP. You get your old mobility, actually really strong burst, and headshot is now a 2 second daze that is nearly instant and also does something like 4k-5k damage if it interrupts you, for 4 initiative. Also dagger auto does good DPS now (which it always should've tbh). 

Beyond that, condi builds are broken because now you wont have enough cleanse to ever survive, CC becomes insane so everyone has to run 2 or 3 stunbreaks, and classes that arent good at CC or condi that arent thief just fall off a cliff. 

And as a result, I can see a deathball meta forming, both to deal with thief trying to +1 people, but also to deal with how crazy condi becomes and how neccessary AoE cleanses become. So it gets very snowbally, and  very macro-heavy. It almost sounds like a neat game, but it + random matchmaking + low playercount sounds like hell.

That was the pretty much the  POF meta, 2 scourges, FB, Thief and a flavour of the month sidenoder. The biggest variation you got was the sidenoders and maybe you can exchange one scourge to rev or ranger or something to spice it up. 

as someone that join PvP tourney in my guild which for some reason was hosted in guild arena with PvE balancing.
you die. there is no pvp. enemy model renders on your screen and you are dead, or they are.
there is no in between, with PvP stats and damage numbers most classes can deal over 100k dmg before you can react.
I played a 1shot mesmer and managed to burst down full tank firebrand from 100% to 0%
Just walk to pve critter and hit it with anything and took notice that almost any skill hits for 20k which is usually 100% of someones HP.