Put in place a TRUE SOLO QUEUE FOR STEAM RELEASE!

Eddie.9143

New players coming in, queuing into pvp alone, should not have to play against experienced duo queues with voice comms.

Unranked can stay duo, but ranked should have two options, solo queue, where it is you and 4 other completely random teammates who also queued alone, or a separate ranked for groups with up to 3 players queueing together.

Trust me ur steam release will flop on the pvp end without this.

Along with this, mists should have been updated. The free for all arena should have had it's size doubled and made to look not like a broken down arena dump.

The mists should also have a tutorial you have to complete once per account before being able to play ranked.

It's already amazing that players can hop right into pvp, but they get discouraged very quickly when matched up against someone who has played for a decade.

Also you should REALLY update the AI opponents in the mists so people don't think they're getting decent cause they can beat the current ones.

I got more I'll edit 

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Lol...steam release.

What do gw2 players think is gonna happen?

A massive wave of players?

Lol, keep dreaming.

Yeah there will be a good amount. If you look at past games being added and their numbers after steam release, big numbers.

It's cool and all that your pessimistic just don't try to hijack with that bs attitude 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Yeah there will be a good amount. If you look at past games being added and their numbers after steam release, big numbers.

It's cool and all that your pessimistic just don't try to hijack with that bs attitude 

Keep dreaming.

And like the 100 that come because of steam won't be coming yo the dumpster fire that is pvp...lol 

10 year old game with unstable history, and can't stick to a single vision.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

So shines a good post in a weary subforum.

Yes, I would also like the basic feature of being able to switch between solo and team ranked when I want to queue either way.

It would make Ranked more fair and competitive, but most importantly, it would hurt the wintrader cartel. Whether you're a new or old player, the end goal should always be to hurt the cartel. 

The FFA arena could use some love too. I always figured it should somewhat replicate a map like coliseum because that's an arena-style map, it would give people a chance to practice on an actual sPvP map, it would be bigger, and  we'd still have pillars of safety incase any mesmers, thieves, or rifles engies show.

The current, smaller arena could be transformed into a 1v1 Al Kharid-style Duel Arena and the buttons that the wintraders get to mess with people in the arena should be replaced with buttons that instantly /gg the person interacting with them before opening a browser tab that plays this video:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Sure, your idea is great if you don’t mind 15 minute queues. Unfortunately I do mind that.

It wouldn't be anywhere near that long.

The vast majority of people soloQ anyway and soloq is undeniably the fastest way to get games. If there was a SoloQ arena, the q would probably pop even quicker than it does with solo/duo.

Its going to take longer for teams, yes. This is not a problem exclusive to Guild Wars. If you queue in teams, you should expect matchmaking to take longer. This is just a fact of life and there's really nothing to be done, save to get over it.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I think the pvp scene is stuck because it's designed to be e-sporty, but isn't supported at all, but then it's also the only mode for instant action pvp for the general audience as well, with no other modes.  So young e-sport aspirants don't see any future in it, while folks who simply want to dip their feet into some quick action pvp fun will find the high threshold of participation too jarring, save the few who like the learning process despite the harsh environment (and there are only very few who are like this especially as a form of entertainment).

So, by it's core design at the moment, it's not necessarily dying, it's more like a 'kink' that only a few are interested in, nothing necessarily wrong with it, but won't really grow beyond that niche, unless absolutely new and fresh content and features are added/ e-sport scene become real serious business.

This is difficult because pvp games that maintain a healthy casual population are designed from the ground up to be that way (smooth general game -> pvp transition, very little negative pushback, minimal alienation mechanics or aspects).  Alternatively, if one measures pvp scene success with it's e-sport/viewership/spectacle success, which is also valid, then it has to be heavily invested in that way (combat readability, high emotional impact clutch opportunities and less mental/attrition/insider knowledge mechanics).  GW2 sPVP is neither, currently.

Edited by CaffeeCup.5742
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1