[Tempest] Please make Lucid Singularity pulse it's Alacrity

Zenix.6198

Just some QoL change would be nice, since getting the alacrity solely at the end of the cast can be very inconvenient at certain encounters.
Also would make it less punishing for people who arent within the radius at the right time since they could at least catch a few pulses.
Overloads have a 4s cast time anyway, so please consider changing this trait to pulse its alacrity every second of channeling instead of just at the end.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 13

Or simply rework Alac on tempest so it can be shared with low effort like HAM or Druids do. You're suggestion would only make it slightly better, but after all it'd be a band aid on a broken leg. 

Tying tempest Alac to Auras in a way, that makes 100% uptime with harrier gear conveniently achievable while not locking the tempest out of it heals would be a far better solution and make healtemp a serious alternativ to HAM and Druid.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

While I get the sentiment, I also see what Anet are going for with putting alac on Overloads.
If you put it on shouts or auras you really are kinda limiting non-healer Alacrity builds since they either would use up utility slots or pigeon-hole you into running aurasharre (and therefor water traits over fire/air)

• Like 3

I get what you're saying, but all in all I don't think that would be too bad. If we take that Tempest is the support E-Spec for Ele, I'd be fine with some "if - then" choices when it comes to traits and utility skills. Like if you want to play boon support, pick X, if you want to play HealAlac, pick Y, if you want to play pure DPS, pick Z etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I play alac heal Tempest and I can confirm that it can get extremely frustrating whenever you get interrupted during your overloads or when something in the fight requires everyone to split right after you started an overload. Granted, these are things you can try to mitigate, but most other alacrity givers don't get nearly as impacted by that due to how they give alacrity.

I like the idea of pulsing alacrity over 4 seconds rather than giving it all at the end of an overload. As Nash mentioned it's probably not the best possible solution but that would definitely help lessen how frustrating giving alacrity on this spec can be, while sticking to the original design of granting alacrity through overloads. That being said, any other change to smoothen giving alac on Tempest would be welcome 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/23/2022 at 1:40 AM, Zenix.6198 said:

While I get the sentiment, I also see what Anet are going for with putting alac on Overloads.
If you put it on shouts or auras you really are kinda limiting non-healer Alacrity builds since they either would use up utility slots or pigeon-hole you into running aurasharre (and therefor water traits over fire/air)

Yeah but that can be adressed by putting it on both auras AND overloads:

• For DPS, it could pulse 1s alac every 1s +3s upon completion (7s per overload). You need the trait and quite some alacduration and the trait as a downside
  • For support, it would do the same, but also on auras (x seconds, would have to be balanced), also needing you doing 1 overload (instead of 2 from dps) to achieve 100% uptime. That way you have more freedom but still enough of a downside from providing alac.
Edited by Zunki.3916

14 hours ago, Zunki.3916 said:

Yeah but that can be adressed by putting it on both auras AND overloads:

• For DPS, it could pulse 1s alac every 1s +3s upon completion (7s per overload). You need the trait and quite some alacduration and the trait as a downside
  • For support, it would do the same, but also on auras (x seconds, would have to be balanced), also needing you doing 1 overload (instead of 2 from dps) to achieve 100% uptime. That way you have more freedom but still enough of a downside from providing alac.

Perhaps if they had lucid for dps alac and added some alac to elemental bastion for heal alac on auras, so they have one or the other. Cause EB is now pointless to take because no one wants a healer not providing at least one of those boons. While the dps trait still sees use because dps isn't expected to bring one of those.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Perhaps if they had lucid for dps alac and added some alac to elemental bastion for heal alac on auras, so they have one or the other. Cause EB is now pointless to take because no one wants a healer not providing at least one of those boons. While the dps trait still sees use because dps isn't expected to bring one of those.

EB is used a lot in PvP, not sure about WvW but probably there too. Is an excellent trait.

I'm thinking that they should add alac on shouts. The current shout trait is useless anyways. Give 3 sec of alac from shouts and reduce alac on overload to 6 sec to compensate. Not it's a lot more flexible and actually playable. Overloads pulsing alac instead of being endloaded would also be nice.

3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I understand that, I should have specified I'm referring to PvE.

The problem with your idea of just adding ala on that trait then is going to affect PvP as well. They can't split functionality, only numbers. Heal tempest is really good in PvP right now, you really don't want to buff them. Any sort of functionality change made has to consider the other game modes.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

are you sure?

I am too lazy to look over literally every single split, but the ones I recall are all numbers change instead of functionality. I recall a quote years ago when they initially started doing split in the first place. Could there be one? I guess? But even if there is there's very few of it.

That being said, I really disagree with putting alacrity on EB in the first place even in PvE. I'd rather have pulse on overload or even split the duration and do half on overload start and half on overload end.

Edited by Warscythes.9307

3 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

I am too lazy to look over literally every single split, but the ones I recall are all numbers change instead of functionality. I recall a quote years ago when they initially started doing split in the first place. Could there be one? I guess? But even if there is there's very few of it.

That being said, I really disagree with putting alacrity on EB in the first place even in PvE. I'd rather have pulse on overload or even split the duration and do half on overload start and half on overload end.

If you look at catalyst traits there are some differences in pvp vs pve. Such as spectacular sphere giving quickness in pve but not in pvp.

7 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

That's fair, I only really play heal tempest in PvE. Generally overall though across all the class splits, is really just numbers change.

It usually is yes, but it would be similar to just have a pve split where alacrity is applied along with EB's heal. And Licid could be made to be more than just a shoe horned alacrity trait. 

Alacrity upkeep is the only real mar on this wonderful class/healer combo. I'm all for tempest having it, but having to cycle through attunements is really vexxing.

I propose this:

Lucid Singularity - Alacrity provided is reduced to 6 seconds, and the radius is increased to 600.

Invigorating Torrents - Auras additionally now extend the duration of Alacrity by 3 seconds

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, BenaSPACE.6028 said:

Alacrity upkeep is the only real mar on this wonderful class/healer combo. I'm all for tempest having it, but having to cycle through attunements is really vexxing.

I propose this:

Lucid Singularity - Alacrity provided is reduced to 6 seconds, and the radius is increased to 600.

Invigorating Torrents - Auras additionally now extend the duration of Alacrity by 3 seconds

I would be kinda okay with this, it's an interesting compromise.
How about Gale Song instead of IT tho? Considering they're making it useless with the next patch.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:34 AM, Erick Alastor.3917 said:

I would be kinda okay with this, it's an interesting compromise.
How about Gale Song instead of IT tho? Considering they're making it useless with the next patch.

I mean, that's fine. I'd worry they'd need to axe the might off of it, but ultimately that wouldn't be a huge deal, since "Feel the Burn" offers plenty anyway.

if alac on lucid pulsed alac instead of being all or nothing, then harmonious conduit would not be practically mandatory. then you'd be able to build around regen spam to compensate for heals while outside of water attunement with auras, the trait itself is still competing heavily with the healing aura trait (possibly with dwayna runes, hopefully they change the regen duration to just all boon duration)
another suggestion i would like to throw out there is the move the "reduce time to attain singularity" part of the DPS trait to lucid (compensating the DPS trait with something, maybe increased overload size+target cap). that way time to get overload charge time (when entering the attunement without alac) reduced from 6s to 4s allowing overloads to be more frequent. this allows you to more quickly get back to providing alac in the case you do get interrupted mid overload (if we consider pulsing overload alac)

• Like 4

21 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

if alac on lucid pulsed alac instead of being all or nothing, then harmonious conduit would not be practically mandatory. then you'd be able to build around regen spam to compensate for heals while outside of water attunement with auras, the trait itself is still competing heavily with the healing aura trait (possibly with dwayna runes, hopefully they change the regen duration to just all boon duration)
another suggestion i would like to throw out there is the move the "reduce time to attain singularity" part of the DPS trait to lucid (compensating the DPS trait with something, maybe increased overload size+target cap). that way time to get overload charge time (when entering the attunement without alac) reduced from 6s to 4s allowing overloads to be more frequent. this allows you to more quickly get back to providing alac in the case you do get interrupted mid overload (if we consider pulsing overload alac)

I really like your point about the "attain singularity" part.

Tbh, it is a very unenoyable piece of design regardless of traitchoices.

From merely a gameplay-PoV it simply is too long of a timegate for what supposedly is the most prominent espec-mechanic.

6s of timegate + 4s of channeltime just feels incredibly clunky at times, especially when you are playing a support variant.
"just hold on team; 10 seconds before I can heal you!" ...I just takes away from the fluidity and versatility an Elementalist is supposed to have, especially when playing a more reactive role like healer/support.

That being sad, a general time reduction for "attaining singularity" (and maybe even a cast time reduction to overloads as well) would also be most welcome. As an alternative trade-off - personally - I would even prefer taking longer attunement-swap CDs (like maybe 15s baseline CD on the individual attunements).