Twitch account linking now available

Just now, aspirine.6852 said:

Is there any decent reason to do so? Or just to get your games in one tool or something?

There will be some twitch drops starting tomorrow, by watching GW2 associated streams you can get some in game items such as boosters and an outfit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What does this do?

I know from other games that you can get free gifts for watching certain videos so people will log in on their phone, open one and leave it running while they do other things or run it in the background on their PC or whatever. (I assume some actually watch them, but all the discussions I've seen about it are how to collect the rewards without sitting through the videos.)

Is that all it does, or is there more to it? I've never had a reason to use Twitch so I don't know much about it.

I think you've pretty much summed up exactly how it functions. It's another way of promoting the game, the anniversary & a chance for players to pick up some free gifts along the way. 

How to get Guild War 2 Twitch drops

At the moment all we know is that “soon you’ll be able to link your Twitch and Guild Wars 2 accounts,” so ArenaNet may devise a specific way of connecting your profiles.

In most cases, however, all you have to do is:

• Visit the Twitch drop campaign page
  • Select Guild Wars 2
  • Scroll past the rewards and click ‘connect
  • You will then be asked to log into your GW2 account. Make sure you pick the one you want the rewards to go to
  • Tune into participating streams and claim your rewards!
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

How to get Guild War 2 Twitch drops

At the moment all we know is that “soon you’ll be able to link your Twitch and Guild Wars 2 accounts,” so ArenaNet may devise a specific way of connecting your profiles.

In most cases, however, all you have to do is:

• Visit the Twitch drop campaign page
  • Select Guild Wars 2
  • Scroll past the rewards and click ‘connect
  • You will then be asked to log into your GW2 account. Make sure you pick the one you want the rewards to go to
  • Tune into participating streams and claim your rewards!

Will people who have already connected their Twitch account to GW2 via the GW2 Account page also have to go to this campaign page and click something once the stream has started?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Will people who have already connected their Twitch account to GW2 via the GW2 Account page also have to go to this campaign page and click something once the stream has started?

I've never done this before, so I'm not sure about this, but judging from the Twitch campaign page, I think yes.

I think it's the way that you actually connect to the streamer you want to watch, in order to collect your gifts. In this case, there will be two, Mukluk is up first & later on Teapot. 

I've already linked my Twitch account to my Guild Wars 2 main, but will follow this guide as well. 

For the moment, Guild Wars 2 isn't listed there & I imagine that it'll appear on the campaign page once Mukluk & Teapot configure it for their streams. 

Mukluk confirmed yesterday that ArenaNet's blog post about Twitch Drops is going live today at 3pm Eastern/12pm Pacific.

Bit odd that they are waiting until one of their streamers is three hours into his stream... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

From Twitch Drops - Earlier I mentioned Mukluk & Teapot, but judging from ArenaNet's blog, as long as any ArenaNet Partner has Twitch Drops enabled while they are streaming during the event time, then you can collect items. These are available for 5 1/2 days, so I imagine there will be several ArenaNet Partners streaming with drops enabled. 

Tune in to any Twitch livestream with Twitch Drops enabled between August 23 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) and August 28 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to earn Transmutation Charges, boosters, a mini, a Glowing Purple Mask, and your choice of a classic Guild Wars 2 character outfit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

From Twitch Drops - Earlier I mentioned Mukluk & Teapot, but judging from ArenaNet's blog, as long as any ArenaNet Partner has Twitch Drops enabled while they are streaming during the event time, then you can collect items. These are available for 5 1/2 days, so I imagine there will be several ArenaNet Partners streaming with drops enabled. 

Tune in to any Twitch livestream with Twitch Drops enabled between August 23 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) and August 28 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to earn Transmutation Charges, boosters, a mini, a Glowing Purple Mask, and your choice of a classic Guild Wars 2 character outfit.

So there's not a GW2 official its only streamers? kitten. Was hoping to get some trinkets.