Be nice to the noobs. They’re the fresh blood we need

gmmg.9210

Last night o already felt bad for them

Main account 8k games, so players were obviously new the ones that werent were bad at tha game

They had to move all their 5 players to kill me

Second game alt account top 100 against new players again they didnt reach 100 pnts

Honestly 3 games like these in a row i dont know if id play pvp again

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

It is not my job to welcome noobs. If anet can't make pvp appealing for new players they will leave the mode after a couple of days. And my toxicity or hospitality will not change that fact. 

Those MOBAs have the most toxic communities but still new people are coming there and keep playing. 

we can basically sum your personality with "i have no obligation about anything and everything is other's fault"

you're definitely the "my teamates suck" dude; and btw, yeah your toxicity does matter for other players, i've seen people quitting mobas because of toxicity so many times

Edited by gianpiede.7294

3 hours ago, gianpiede.7294 said:

we can basically sum your personality with "i have no obligation about anything and everything is other's fault"

Making generalizations about a person based on a few forum posts is not toxic, of course. If you want to make the community less toxic, start with yourself.

you're definitely the "my teamates suck" dude;

At least I'm honest with myself about my attitude. And my personal impact on the community is abyssmal in compare to devs who banned players because of gizmoselling and then unban them right after, or not giving a kitten about bots, or wintraders etc. When it is literally their job and they have all the instruments.

i've seen people quitting mobas because of toxicity so many times

And yet thery are among most popular pvp-focused MMOs, while GW2 players are mostly fluffy bunnies yet pvp-mode is dying.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:16 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Realistic is a good outlook.

Prevents the devastation that comes along with being an overly optimistic rose tinted glasses wearing daydreamer after realizing you are wrong.

All the devs that essentially created the game, the franchise, the concepts.....are gone.

Most of the vet devs are gone.

Competitive game modes are largely ignored and the devs are aware, we know by the "joke":' that one pvp player in the back of the room'.

2019 until EOD was pretty rough for the company, for the employees and the Financials.

I still haven't seen a quarter that matched an expansion release for a 3a mmo.

Where are the millions of players claimed to have been added during that period?

It m7st be obvious for NA players that the pvp population is small with gold 2 finishing on the top 250.

Balance favors the whale bait classes, but we can also thank Mark for confirming the discord and shenanigans for the mass non believers.

All the crossover streamers seem to finish the story then move on.

Raids, fractals, and strikes seems to be the toxic fiesta for pve.

The games success revolves around on pressing 1, speed runs, and getting shineys from the gemstore. 

All of the small details and challenges are essentially removed with mounts, and no one wants to be without a mount, because all the cool kids have them.

But, then you fly through the game and miss the adventure and it's like console codes in elder scrolls games, it seems cool to have it easy until it doesn't entertain.

The cake belongs to the toddler, I'd just laugh.

By all means, a realistic assessment of the game is helpful.

I was just responding to your incredulity that people might be a little giddy over inviting a bunch of new Steam players to a birthday party.

21 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Making generalizations about a person based on a few forum posts is not toxic, of course. If you want to make the community less toxic, start with yourself.

i am not generalizing, you just wrote a post where it's clear as day that you're both toxic and entitled

At least I'm honest with myself about my attitude. And my personal impact on the community is abyssmal in compare to devs who banned players because of gizmoselling and then unban them right after, or not giving a kitten about bots, or wintraders etc. When it is literally their job and they have all the instruments.

Yet another finger pointing at someone else while removing any possible responsibility from you. paraphrasing yourself: if you want to make the pvp scene better, why not start making youself less toxic?

And yet thery are among most popular pvp-focused MMOs, while GW2 players are mostly fluffy bunnies yet pvp-mode is dying.

Gw2 pvp is "dying" because of a moltitude of reason, the lack of an aknowledgement  of an offial competitive scene from anet being the first, and toxicity being one among many others, still, being "one among the others" does not make it less important

Edited by gianpiede.7294
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just reduce the burst dmg for about 300% and you will see way more new players. No one wants to get from 100% health to downed state in one second. Let them live at least for 5 seconds, let them cast at least one 3/4 sec long ability before they get downed. That's a good recipe for adding more players to this super fast sPvP.

I used to play World of Worcraft PvP: way more relaxing, casual, slower, fights last way longer, there is a room for mistakes, even if you go afk you will stay alive for at least 7 seconds (depends on class). If you are not good you will probably lose, but at lest you won't get killed within one second burst period.

Also, you want more players? Add 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 or at least 7 vs 7 maps. Casual players like it, if there is more people in their party: less stressful, more relaxing. But unfortunately Anet is obsessed with 5 vs 5 only sPvP.

Edited by Sifu.9745
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2022 at 3:25 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

According to this website, the daily logins for Guildwars 2 have almost trippled since yesterday.... From ~350k on 22.08.22, to almost 1 Million.

https://mmo-population.com/r/guildwars2

Hate to be the one to say it, but that website is absolute BS when it comes to the accuracy of the numbers themselves and even they admit it. From their about page:

Exposing how it works

We measure two primary metrics: Reddit Subscribers and Reddit Active Users.

Magic number: This is the number taken from averaging out the biggest and most recently known public subscriber and daily player numbers vs reddit subscribers.

History

This is more a fun project than anything else. It should be obvious to anyone the reasons why this is not an accurate subscriber count for MMOs. What it is though, is an interesting (to me and maybe others) tracker of popularity based on reddit users.

It also allows you to see quite nicely if an MMO is growing or shrinking, regardless of what the actual user count may be.

So in other words, the only thing it conclusively proves is whether a game's subreddit is growing or shrinking. It can't even demonstrate if the reddit activity translates to lasting interest in the game.

On 8/23/2022 at 8:16 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Realistic is a good outlook.

Prevents the devastation that comes along with being an overly optimistic rose tinted glasses wearing daydreamer after realizing you are wrong.

All the devs that essentially created the game, the franchise, the concepts.....are gone.

Most of the vet devs are gone.

Competitive game modes are largely ignored and the devs are aware, we know by the "joke":' that one pvp player in the back of the room'.

2019 until EOD was pretty rough for the company, for the employees and the Financials.

I still haven't seen a quarter that matched an expansion release for a 3a mmo.

Where are the millions of players claimed to have been added during that period?

It m7st be obvious for NA players that the pvp population is small with gold 2 finishing on the top 250.

Balance favors the whale bait classes, but we can also thank Mark for confirming the discord and shenanigans for the mass non believers.

All the crossover streamers seem to finish the story then move on.

Raids, fractals, and strikes seems to be the toxic fiesta for pve.

The games success revolves around on pressing 1, speed runs, and getting shineys from the gemstore. 

All of the small details and challenges are essentially removed with mounts, and no one wants to be without a mount, because all the cool kids have them.

But, then you fly through the game and miss the adventure and it's like console codes in elder scrolls games, it seems cool to have it easy until it doesn't entertain.

The cake belongs to the toddler, I'd just laugh.

I don't know why somebody would try to laugh off this post...this may be the only time @Crab Fear.1624 is correct on everything. It's one thing to be "doom and gloom" and another being realist. Everything stated by Crab..can be fact checked with web sources and hard numbers.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sifu.9745 said:

Just reduce the burst dmg for about 300% and you will see way more new players. No one wants to get from 100% health to downed state in one second. Let them live at least for 5 seconds, let them cast at least one 3/4 sec long ability before they get downed. That's a good recipe for adding more players to this super fast sPvP.

I used to play World of Worcraft PvP: way more relaxing, casual, slower, fights last way longer, there is a room for mistakes, even if you go afk you will stay alive for at least 7 seconds (depends on class). If you are not good you will probably lose, but at lest you won't get killed within one second burst period.

Also, you want more players? Add 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15 or at least 7 vs 7 maps. Casual players like it, if there is more people in their party: less stressful, more relaxing. But unfortunately Anet is obsessed with 5 vs 5 only sPvP.

They already reduced the damage by 3/4 , exactly 2 years ago! If new MMO players in 2022 would bother to play a kitten game for a while before starting crying "bloody mary" after only 1 x week....maybe you'd be able to see people in wvw literally tanking 10 others, a single full minstrel dodo...tanking damage from 10 others .

• Sad 1