[NA][PvX][CAFÉ] Café Solidarity for People at the Margins (e.g., BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, disabled, & more)

Jevati.4328

Café Solidarity [CAFÉ] is now recruiting!

Created in 2019, we are an 80% Rep, PvX guild specifically designed for people from marginalized communities. This means Black people, Indigenous people, and People of Color; disabled people; LGBTQIA+ people (intersex, aces, aros, polyamorous people, and more definitely included); neurodivergent people; people of different faiths and non-faiths; and anyone who wants to be an ally to people from these communities.

What We Offer

Guild Discord (primarily text, as most of our members do not usually hang out in voice chat outside of events)

Raids And Strikes (RAS) Training Groups (read our RAS Expectations here)

Weekly WvW Events

Weekly "Amateur Hour" (Tier 1 Fractals, Dungeons, and more!)

Monthly Guild Raffles

Holiday Parties (like for Mad King)

Isle of Reflection Guild Hall (decorated for all major Tyrian festivals)

Contests and Giveaways (including collaborative projects with prizes for those who prefer not to compete)

Pop-Up Map Complete, Guild Missions, & Hero Point Trains

Help with Achievements and Collections/Goals in Game

💖 People who really care

I can't stress that last part enough. This is a close-knit guild where you can really be yourself. We cheer each other on when there's good news like landing a new job or acing an exam, and we comfort each other when there's tough news, like getting laid off or losing a loved one. We strive to be inclusive of people from all different kinds of communities, and this manifests in how we approach guild activities. For example, we don't require voice chat for anything except RAS (to be sensitive to Deaf/HoH people or people with auditory processing issues), and we make sure our Winter Holiday activities are more than just "Christmas by any other name" (which means we do cool things like our Eight Days of Giveaways, which coincides with Hanukkah).

Who We're Seeking

We're looking for people who are ready to be in solidarity with each other. This means caring about people from different communities and cultures and supporting each other. Our guild rules are pretty clear and can be found in our Discord.

We're particularly welcoming of new people who would love some help and guidance in the game. We enjoy helping people with their in-game goals, whether it's story content, achievements, working your way up the PvP ladder, Fashion Wars, or more!

How to Join

If you think we sound like a good fit, please join our Discord, read our guild rules, and write an introduction. Then I'll check in with you to ensure you agree to follow our rules, and if you do, then you will receive an invite in game. If you're not sure if we might be a good fit and you'd like to learn more, please PM me (Jevati.4328) here on the forums, whisper me in game, or send me an in-game mail message so we can talk more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a note that our Raids and Strikes (RAS) group has killed every single raid boss! 🎉

Here's a quote from a post one of members, Ninjela, made in our Discord:

I wanted to give another shout out to @Brian (he/him) | BrainAlmighty and @Spero | (she/her) for leading our q1 training runs. I just joined an RA group for a wing 6 clear, and I was super nervous for Qadim, having only done it with y'all. But the training worked, I knew what I was doing, where to stand, when to dodge, and we got the kill quickly and smoothly, and it felt awesome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our Raids and Strikes (RAS) group is looking for more members!  Are you new to raids/strikes?  Are you an experienced raids/strikes player?  Either way, we'd like to have you join us!  Please see above for more info about our RAS group, including raid times and expectations. 💯

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are actively recruiting!  We just had our annual Wintersday Party yesterday, and we still have plenty of Wintersday fun on deck, including our Eight Days of Giveaways, which occurs during Hanukkah each year. 🕎

If you're interested in joining us, please check out our Discord link in the original post!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 8:54 AM, PeterCram.8675 said:

Looking for a active casual clan/guild. I am quite new to GW2 and looking for people to help me an of  course do everything else raids ect...

Playing from Australia Melbourne GMT+10.

Welcome to the guild, PeterCram!  Glad to have you. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...