Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Help Choosing A Server


Shadownox.5968

Recommended Posts

Well you'd have to specify NA or EU first. But even after that, when it comes to roaming it really doesnt matter that much. T1-T2 worlds have more zergs and larger groups, but at the same time more players overall thus more targets. T3-T5 worlds have smaller groups which is better for smallscale fights, but at the same time there's just less players. So pick your poison basicly. And then you'll get link shuffled anyway.

TL;DR prolly the world you're already on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll assume you're European since you didn't say "me and my friend."

Choose Baruch Bay. Not only do they have plenty of fellow gankers to "roam" with, but it's also a server that Anet cannot set as "full", which means any friends of yours wanting to join you later on will be able to do so just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 3:11 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well you'd have to specify NA or EU first. But even after that, when it comes to roaming it really doesnt matter that much. T1-T2 worlds have more zergs and larger groups, but at the same time more players overall thus more targets. T3-T5 worlds have smaller groups which is better for smallscale fights, but at the same time there's just less players. So pick your poison basicly. And then you'll get link shuffled anyway.

TL;DR prolly the world you're already on.

I see. Well thank you for the advice. I might try to find a higher pop world just so there are always some people to mess around with.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:34 AM, msalakka.4653 said:

I'll assume you're European since you didn't say "me and my friend."

Choose Baruch Bay. Not only do they have plenty of fellow gankers to "roam" with, but it's also a server that Anet cannot set as "full", which means any friends of yours wanting to join you later on will be able to do so just fine.

Actually I'm NA lol. Thank you, though. Any chance you know of an NA equivalent?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Shadownox.5968 said:

I see. Well thank you for the advice. I might try to find a higher pop world just so there are always some people to mess around with.

Actually I'm NA lol. Thank you, though. Any chance you know of an NA equivalent?

No..  there is no perennially open server that is also large.

 

That being said, none of the NA worlds are Un linked, so there is a good chance you will be attached to a higher population server if you are on a link server.

 

Pros to a link server:

1-  New host every two ish months.  Can see which host server you like the best for a latter transfer

2-  We’ll, there may only be one pro lol

 

Cons:

1.  Small population of long termers on it..

2.  Constant change of link where you may have to endure one who’s playstyle is not a great match with yours for 2 ish months.

3.  Not having a ‘world identity’. Which, honestly is mostly overrated at this point.  Most worlds have lost their identities since linking and world stacking became a thing.

 

Personally, I would stay on a link server for three or four links, get a feel for the hosts that are out there, then try to plan on transferring there.  (As long as they aren’t full lol)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2022 at 12:28 AM, Shadownox.5968 said:

I see. Well thank you for the advice. I might try to find a higher pop world just so there are always some people to mess around with.

Actually I'm NA lol. Thank you, though. Any chance you know of an NA equivalent?

 

I think you will find other roamers on  all servers, people just don't like to admit it. Welcome back and good hunting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...