Help Choosing A Server

Shadownox.5968

Well you'd have to specify NA or EU first. But even after that, when it comes to roaming it really doesnt matter that much. T1-T2 worlds have more zergs and larger groups, but at the same time more players overall thus more targets. T3-T5 worlds have smaller groups which is better for smallscale fights, but at the same time there's just less players. So pick your poison basicly. And then you'll get link shuffled anyway.

TL;DR prolly the world you're already on.

• Like 2

I'll assume you're European since you didn't say "me and my friend."

Choose Baruch Bay. Not only do they have plenty of fellow gankers to "roam" with, but it's also a server that Anet cannot set as "full", which means any friends of yours wanting to join you later on will be able to do so just fine.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:11 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well you'd have to specify NA or EU first. But even after that, when it comes to roaming it really doesnt matter that much. T1-T2 worlds have more zergs and larger groups, but at the same time more players overall thus more targets. T3-T5 worlds have smaller groups which is better for smallscale fights, but at the same time there's just less players. So pick your poison basicly. And then you'll get link shuffled anyway.

TL;DR prolly the world you're already on.

I see. Well thank you for the advice. I might try to find a higher pop world just so there are always some people to mess around with.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:34 AM, msalakka.4653 said:

I'll assume you're European since you didn't say "me and my friend."

Choose Baruch Bay. Not only do they have plenty of fellow gankers to "roam" with, but it's also a server that Anet cannot set as "full", which means any friends of yours wanting to join you later on will be able to do so just fine.

Actually I'm NA lol. Thank you, though. Any chance you know of an NA equivalent?

11 hours ago, Shadownox.5968 said:

I see. Well thank you for the advice. I might try to find a higher pop world just so there are always some people to mess around with.

Actually I'm NA lol. Thank you, though. Any chance you know of an NA equivalent?

No..  there is no perennially open server that is also large.

That being said, none of the NA worlds are Un linked, so there is a good chance you will be attached to a higher population server if you are on a link server.

Pros to a link server:

1-  New host every two ish months.  Can see which host server you like the best for a latter transfer

2-  We’ll, there may only be one pro lol

Cons:

1.  Small population of long termers on it..

2.  Constant change of link where you may have to endure one who’s playstyle is not a great match with yours for 2 ish months.

3.  Not having a ‘world identity’. Which, honestly is mostly overrated at this point.  Most worlds have lost their identities since linking and world stacking became a thing.

Personally, I would stay on a link server for three or four links, get a feel for the hosts that are out there, then try to plan on transferring there.  (As long as they aren’t full lol)

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 12:28 AM, Shadownox.5968 said:

I think you will find other roamers on  all servers, people just don't like to admit it. Welcome back and good hunting!