Good Luck Anet on Steam Release

6 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Will do my part to support. However, I've noticed this forum being a bit slow or even close to inactive relative to how it once was. Is it indicative of current low numbers or people just stopped visiting the forum? Was just expecting more activity on here. 

It’s been like this for a while. There’s not much to discuss right now and forums are generally less popular anyway.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Will do my part to support. However, I've noticed this forum being a bit slow or even close to inactive relative to how it once was. Is it indicative of current low numbers or people just stopped visiting the forum? Was just expecting more activity on here. 

It has a lot to do with whether there’s stuff to talk about.

When “I need a mastery that lets me walk on the ocean floor” stays on the front page for days and runs to multiple pages, you know players have run out of discussion for the time being.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

yep, reddit is alor more active and free from those amazing forum moderators 

yup but also extremely toxic at times and you'll get downvoted pretty easily for harmless stuff like a meme regarding the steam release. Had an encounter like that last weekend. 
I'd rather put up with people here instead of reddit as I'm getting insta downvoted all the time anyways just because of a post in the past where I gave people advice on how to do a soecific event properly and people spreading lies about me. 
The forums are much better in those regards. 

Hope the steam launch goes well by the way! 

1 hour ago, Cynder.2509 said:

yup but also extremely toxic

honestly, not more than the forums

you'll get downvoted pretty easily for harmless stuff like a meme regarding the steam release. Had an encounter like that last weekend. 

and here you get confused reactions on everything lol

I'm getting insta downvoted all the time anyways just because of a post in the past where I gave people advice on how to do a soecific event properly and people spreading lies about me. 
The forums are much better in those regards. 

lol, dont think thats the reason

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Dunno, seems more active than 2019 🤔

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

The forums have a bad reputation for the way they're run. Most use reddit as it has a lot more civility & open minded discussion. A few reasons but mostly you can't call people out on bad behavior here & its mob rules vs. morals. 

But I actually came to this thread to be positive and cheer on Anet, it can be nerve wracking things like a big opportunity such as steam. Hope it goes off flawlessly! Best of luck!

Edited by Voyant.1327