EU PVE - The Claymore and the Compass [Maps]...a small guild for older players, where enjoying the journey is as important as getting there...

Gobhoblin.7582

Hi Guys,

57yr old with autism here,  I've hopped in and out of GW2 since launch but this is the longest I've played so far,  I joined another guild but having come from a "mature" guild in FFXIV the folks in the other guild I'm in are a bit "young" and chat gets a bit tense sometimes.  Plus nobody gets my ancient pop-culture references lol.

I'm very laid back and because of my ASD I can go from being chatty one day to super quiet in the background the next.

It'd be really cool if you'd find room for me 🙂 

Im a new player (56 years old in the UK) been playing for a few weeks now and am looking for a guild to join. Im not a serious player and this guild sounds perfect. If you open for more members could you give me a shout.

Edited by bloke.3594

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I'm Leo 40+ from Sweden. My friend who is a member of the guild recommended it to me. I played quite a lot at launch and recently picked it up again and now looking for likeminded boomers to enjoy the game with. Three teens and two cats keep me busy so the more laid back but social approach to the game is exactly what I'm looking forward to. Hopefully we see each other in-game soon.

/Greetings from a sunny Dalsland-Sweden

• Gobhoblin.7582 changed the title to EU PVE - The Claymore and the Compass [Maps]...a small guild for older players, where enjoying the journey is as important as getting there...

Shameless bump!

Join The Claymore and the Compass and take your gameplay to the next level!*

*Actually, if you join us your gameplay will probably take a few steps back, kick off its shoes and put its feet up while sipping a cup of tea. It might even have a biscuit, and perhaps a slice of cake.

We're still committed to providing a drama free enviroment for mature gamers (30+) who really don't need to be shouted at by sweaty teenage keyboard warriors.

Check out my other lies posts in this thread to see what we're all about - and remember, our only real rule is Naked Thursdays 'don't be a d*ck'!

If any of this sounds doable, you can whisper or mail us in game (gobhoblin.7582, isenbras.4982, katharine.9815, viola.8027 or vvaarr.7958), message me here or reply in this thread!

Greetings! Your guild description and a general vibe seem perfect for a new player like me. I, too, would rather explore everything at my own pace than grind and PVP. I started this game two days ago and i have a Charr character who is a blacksmith and a cook.

My only worry is that i am 21 years old. Granted, it doesn't bother me to play with people older than me, i just don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Either way, i am glad to see that comfortable and chill guilds like that exist in games still.

Cheers!

Edited by Soleil.9837

8 hours ago, Soleil.9837 said:

Greetings! Your guild description and a general vibe seem perfect for a new player like me. I, too, would rather explore everything at my own pace than grind and PVP. I started this game two days ago and i have a Charr character who is a blacksmith and a cook.

My only worry is that i am 21 years old. Granted, it doesn't bother me to play with people older than me, i just don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Either way, i am glad to see that comfortable and chill guilds like that exist in games still.

Cheers!

You'll only make us old folks uncomfortable if we trip over your umbilical cord! 😉

If you don't mind the smell of prunes and constant talk of 'how it was better in my day' then you're more than welcome!

Invite on it's way!

I recently came back to the game after not having played it for 3 years or so.

I'm 41, got 3 kids, a wife and a house. Living in Sweden, hopefully not a problem. Also working full time. So, the description of the guild seems to fit me. Little time that might be interrupted at any time.

Been gaming for most of my life and also have lots of experience from bleeding edge raiding in vanilla wow (also in tbc). I am always a min maxer but I don't have the time for anything bleeding edge anymore.

As for guild wars 2 I played about 3 years ago and have 3 lvl80 chars (thief, warrior and necromancer, maining the necro).

If there are no requirements and just to help out when there is time and no obligations and you're still looking for people. I might be one who fits.

15 hours ago, jeslun.3410 said:

I recently came back to the game after not having played it for 3 years or so.

I'm 41, got 3 kids, a wife and a house. Living in Sweden, hopefully not a problem. Also working full time. So, the description of the guild seems to fit me. Little time that might be interrupted at any time.

Been gaming for most of my life and also have lots of experience from bleeding edge raiding in vanilla wow (also in tbc). I am always a min maxer but I don't have the time for anything bleeding edge anymore.

As for guild wars 2 I played about 3 years ago and have 3 lvl80 chars (thief, warrior and necromancer, maining the necro).

If there are no requirements and just to help out when there is time and no obligations and you're still looking for people. I might be one who fits.

Definitely no requirements or obligations here - real life comes first!

Welcome aboard!  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Heya! Returning player here (first time around there was just the base game), 41 years old, from Portugal. I am a casual, introverted player, and I take too long getting stuff done regardless of the game, as I like to enjoy every single bit of it. So the "enjoying the journey" is quite important to me. If my character is caught doing absolutely nothing at all I might be just taking screenshots. Or doing laundry. I work full time so, if you'll have me, you will mostly see me by late evenings. I am still progressing through the main story, I love doing meta events, and I like to help whenever I can. Your guild was recommended to me by a fellow gamer, so if you have any free extra spot I'd love to take it. Have Fun!

16 hours ago, Aeterna.3052 said:

Heya! Returning player here (first time around there was just the base game), 41 years old, from Portugal. I am a casual, introverted player, and I take too long getting stuff done regardless of the game, as I like to enjoy every single bit of it. So the "enjoying the journey" is quite important to me. If my character is caught doing absolutely nothing at all I might be just taking screenshots. Or doing laundry. I work full time so, if you'll have me, you will mostly see me by late evenings. I am still progressing through the main story, I love doing meta events, and I like to help whenever I can. Your guild was recommended to me by a fellow gamer, so if you have any free extra spot I'd love to take it. Have Fun!

Sounds good mate - invite sent!

Look forward to seeing you in-game! 🙂

Hello 🙂

If you still recruit I would like to join you.

I am 34 years old, from germany, like pve group content and I am very bad in writing texts. Right now I am into Raids and sometimes I even survive the encounter. Did I already said that I am bad in writing texts? I prefer talking to others over writing but I need time to warm up to others.

I have alternating shifts so I often can only join every second week except weekends.

hello! my partner and i are both looking for a guild to join, and if you’re still looking to add players to your ranks, this sounds very much like our cup of tea (literally). 😊 we’re both in our 30s, long time veterans of the game, live in the uk, and have two littles so our play time is limited to evenings mostly.

i’m also very socially anxious so if i’m awkward in any way, i can only apologise in advance 😅 

11 hours ago, Myrkul.6037 said:

Hello 🙂

If you still recruit I would like to join you.

I am 34 years old, from germany, like pve group content and I am very bad in writing texts. Right now I am into Raids and sometimes I even survive the encounter. Did I already said that I am bad in writing texts? I prefer talking to others over writing but I need time to warm up to others.

I have alternating shifts so I often can only join every second week except weekends.

Surviving a Raid encounter? What is this dark sorcery you speak of? 🤯

Don't worry about your shift pattern - just hook up with us when you can! Invite on it's way!

8 hours ago, mireu.6072 said:

hello! my partner and i are both looking for a guild to join, and if you’re still looking to add players to your ranks, this sounds very much like our cup of tea (literally). 😊 we’re both in our 30s, long time veterans of the game, live in the uk, and have two littles so our play time is limited to evenings mostly.

i’m also very socially anxious so if i’m awkward in any way, i can only apologise in advance 😅 

Although we have people on throughout most of the day, evenings is probably our busiest time - so no worries there!

Don't worry about the social thing - although we ask people to be able to listen on Discord for some stuff (because our typing is really zxcbnoijf), you don't have to talk if you don't want to - also, everyone here is really nice...except me - I'm horrible. 😈

Invite sent - if your partner wants in as well, send me their name and I'll add 'em too!

2 hours ago, Gobhoblin.7582 said:

Although we have people on throughout most of the day, evenings is probably our busiest time - so no worries there!

Don't worry about the social thing - although we ask people to be able to listen on Discord for some stuff (because our typing is really zxcbnoijf), you don't have to talk if you don't want to - also, everyone here is really nice...except me - I'm horrible. 😈

Invite sent - if your partner wants in as well, send me their name and I'll add 'em too!

his in-game is MoralityVI.4512 😁 and thank you! i look forward to accepting the invite later! 

Greetings. Returning player asking for a spot, as I was told by my friend Mr_Luzifer that this guild is comprised of a great bunch of people.

47 yo, 2 kids, live in Norway. Work a daytime job and have a few hours every evening for shits and giggles. And some PvE love, if there is some to enjoy.

9 hours ago, CaptainZalo.5278 said:

Greetings. Returning player asking for a spot, as I was told by my friend Mr_Luzifer that this guild is comprised of a great bunch of people.

47 yo, 2 kids, live in Norway. Work a daytime job and have a few hours every evening for shits and giggles. And some PvE love, if there is some to enjoy.

Mr Luzifer has friends? 🤯

Only joking! Of course any friend of Luz is welcome here - invite sent! 

• Haha 1

Hey! I have been playing since launch, but am yet to find 'my people'! My husband got me into GW1 when we first met, and I really enjoyed it, but as we have grown together, he's very much a 'good player' and isn't so much fun to play with when I can't fight for beans, wear nice-looking equipment and stop to look at pretty trees while uncovering maps! I stopped playing due to not being able to beat the bosses on my own about a year ago, but the new expansion has me back on and interested! Just this morning he called me a 'Skills Clicker' and I have no shame in that! I am very bad at the game, BUT I really enjoy playing it! I consider myself mature at almost 40 and very much into finding a group of people like The Guild web show (although I'm sure even they would hate playing with me LOL)

My cat often walks all over my keyboard, which I *think* is the same as helping a dog with his homework? Either way, your guild sounds great to me, so hopefully you are still recruiting!