The existing Tutorial achievement category has been deprecated and moved to the Historical category for anyone who has already completed them [Merged]

Wensy.1236

I hate if they did that, last thing we need is MORE achievement point disparity between vets and noobs. It’s already impossible to match the top players by THOUSANDS of points due to mainly season 1 (and not all of it is returning although this issue is much improved) and old festival stuff 

• Like 14
  • Confused 3

I didn't miss an achievement (was just in time) but I personally find it bad that there was no notice these AP giving achievements disappeared permanently. We knew it would be replaced but I always assumed the old ones, incl its AP would be integrated into the new ones. Its not nice for players taking their time as well as new players to be unable to finish these or being unable to get this AP.

As for LWs1, didn't they say we get all those points via the what we got pre- reintroduction (at that story step cinematic in LA) + the reintroduction?

Edited by Aaralyna.3104
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I like the new adventure guide so far from what I have seen and I am glad it's in the game, but why did you remove the old tutorial and the associated AP access?

It's very frustrating to have AP removed and made forever inaccessible to newer players or players that prioritized doing other things.

Why not just add it back or list it as an older tutorial system? I want my equal access to AP.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

I have to say its kinda disappointing to see achievements getting scrapped because new ones are to follow.

I do get the reason why they made a new achievement category for new players but there is no reason for them to delete/scrap the old Tutorial Achievements for good (if not finished by the time the patch arrived).

Further it is frustrating to loose the achievement points/rewards permanently with no way of obtaining them ever again (at least for now).

At least communicate if you are going to delete certain achievements or scrap them for new ones because then we will have a chance to finish them in time before loosing the possibility of earning rewards or achievement points.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I was working through them while doing my latest world completion. I didn't get to finish either.

Thanks a ton there, ANET. No better way to kick off a celebration than kicking your players in the teeth by removing yet another feature. First holiday food and utility items removed from the drop table of their respective holiday containers, now this.

Do you even want people playing your game anymore? Signs are pointing to that being a big negative.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Client.9612 said:

At least communicate if you are going to delete certain achievements or scrap them for new ones because then we will have a chance to finish them in time before loosing the possibility of earning rewards or achievement points.

This. I'm not an achievement guy, but anything being removed should have a notification to give people a chance to adjust or take a look at said area.

• Like 8

This made me very sad and angry at Anet for doing this with no heads up since I have been collecting achievements since the start and never missed out on so many points from a game update like this. 

I had 95 points left to unlock and wasn't rushing to get them because I thought they would be there forever. 

There really is no reason why to remove these achievements in the first place anyway. I hope we get a dev response on this.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Grouch - this is a personal request to you, it's really not on to remove these with no warning, especially as the new ones are not direct replacements and they do not give achievement points anyway.

This was a bad move, its the 10th anniversary and you take achievements out of the game? this is bad for steam newbies AND vets, I think you should at least re implement them for the next month or explain why you cannot

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Do people actually get so close to every possible AP that these retired ones are missed?

It adds up over time. At some point there were several thousand APs in retired achievements. Some of them were made available again by reintroducing pieces of LS1, but most were not. And every now and then that list gets expanded again by some individual new achievements because Anet just can't think of a way to make them be still relevant.

Edit: also, it's not 10 AP. That whole achievement group was worth 125 AP total.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Did Arenanet ever communicate beforehand that these achievements are going to be made unavailable?
This frustrated me as well when I logged into the game today and made me feel sour about the whole patch instantly.

Besides which, I don't understand why they had to be removed in the first place anyway. It's not like it is the exact same content for both of those categories. I understand the need not to have them listed as "tutorial" anymore, but surely that could've been solved by simple renaming.
Anet, please, for the love of everything that's holy, consider reinstainting these achievements. I thought that the days of removing content are behind us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Oh no heads up and they removed 125 AP off the list? That you keep if you got them beforehand? 
Its actually physically impossible then to chase AP leaders, as even if you start now, you will actually never be able to catch up as they have achievements you can never get. 
Why retire achievements at all? Should just rename them so the people who still want them can go for them. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

They were talking about a new 'adventure guide' that we now know replaces ours and they did not think at any point to mention this? not that i think they should have removed them, because i don't , it does not have any rationalisation that is reasonable.

To make it worse for me, i was trying to persuade a couple of people to get an account as they only really game on steam, so i was waiting until steam launch with an offer to buy a new character slot and do all the tutorial areas ( 25 things per map needed for each) with them, and get my achievements!

• Like 8

Agreed with many others here as well. No communication prior to the removal. (which btw, they did give a heads up before they removed the red wvw BL JP, why couldn't they give us a heads up on these removal?)

Was kinda hyped to sign in but as soon as I read that in the patch notes, it soured all hype and just made me feel betrayed. Again, I get it, maybe its because of incompetence or lack of communication skills, but it still stings of deceptiveness. :(

I was just missing some of the map ones that didn't retroactive get granted to me, 25+ lv80s can't remap those maps, and was planning on making a new character this week to finish off the ones i was missing, only to see they were all removed. :(

Just mad and sad. :(

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

So sick of this, I was motivated to get a lot of achievements. But when you remove some of them, you remove the value of all achievements : why should we care about them when you remove what you want, when you want, without prior notice ? I was thinking about getting the last expansion sooner or later, but now I just want to stop this game. There is no respect for all the time we spend to get some achievements.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Julian.9473 said:

So sick of this, I was motivated to get a lot of achievements. But when you remove some of them, you remove the value of all achievements : why should we care about them when you remove what you want, when you want, without prior notice ? I was thinking about getting the last expansion sooner or later, but now I just want to stop this game. There is no respect for all the time we spend to get some achievements.

Pretty sure you keep the AP if you already got these. It's just you can't get them now if you didn't yet. Still annoying, but... it sounds like you're viewing it as them taking away earned AP and I'm pretty sure it's not that.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1