The existing Tutorial achievement category has been deprecated and moved to the Historical category for anyone who has already completed them [Merged]

Wensy.1236

19 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Advance notice of the pending removal would have been nice...

...but people have had years to pursue these.

What about people that didn't have years and just started the game maybe a few months ago?  Your situation is not the same as everybody else.   This is 100% Anet's fault.  Players shouldn't be blamed for completing these achievements at their own leisure because the majority of us thought they would stay forever.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lama.2735 said:

What about people that didn't have years and just started the game maybe a few months ago?  Your situation is not the same as everybody else.   This is 100% Anet's fault.  Players shouldn't be blamed for completing these achievements at their own leisure because the majority of us thought they would stay forever.  

At this point, let us know when you run out of achievements points you can collect? 😅

(nvm, you're not talking about yourself, since you did have years)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

On 8/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

I have a shiny weapon achieve I'll never complete because I don't participate in raids.  Boohoo to the blemish.

You have the option to complete it, but choose not to. It's fine if you lack empathy or consideration for others, but the problem is your comparison is a logical fallacy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, Lama.2735 said:

We can all agree to disagree.  But until we get some communication on why this had to happen or until they get implemented back into the game, I will be speaking with my wallet.  I was supporting Anet on a monthly basis but this IS betrayal to me.  I will not be purchasing any more gems in the future and make sure I share my frustration with everyone.  It was enough for me to come post on the last place I'd come to complain.  As a end game player now, AP is all that matters to me.  This is betrayal to me whether Vayne sees it that way or not, he/she's fine with it and I am not.  If something Vayne likes AP wise in the game is suddenly removed without any notice, he or she probably will be singing a different tune.  Anyways, I hope Anet addresses this but like I said before, the removal of these Tutorial achievements was, unwarranted, unnecessary, and silly in my honest opinion. 

They may have their reasons for removing it (because they feel the new system is better) but I absolutely agree, removing it without warning was unfair.
I will be doing the same as you, voting with my wallet. I've been excessively supportive of ANET until now but I will be witholding that while waiting in good faith of a proper response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 8/25/2022 at 9:56 AM, Myriada.7580 said:

I'm saddened by the ever increasing amount of retired AP. I know not the majority of players like collecting every single last point, but for those who do it's very frustrating knowing that no matter how hard you grind there will always be a couple thousand points beyond our reach for the simple fact you didn't start early enough.

I'll repeat my suggestion here in case it has more visibility, but please give the monthly/daily combined AP cap treatment to other achievements. That is, let us earn AP from two sources: the old and retired one, and a new currently available one. In this case the Tutorial achievements retired in this last patch and the new Adventure Guide would count towards a shared 125AP cap. It could be extended to festival achievements as well.

I love this idea! Especially for some of those festival ones which were kind of ridiculous some years, like 3145486341 lunatic court or inturrupts in dragon ball. It does annoy me that it'll always be empty in the UI, so I hope they incorporate this solution in a way that cleans up the UI as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

As opposed to bringing back the achievement that was for those?  I do agree the new tutorial ones should have achievement points.   But neither are exactly game ruining experiences that are a blemish upon one's account.

What's "game ruining" is subjective and depends on what people enjoy. For me personally the entire WvW game mode could be removed and I wouldn't notice. But I abosolutely respect the right of other players who enjoy that content and believe they should have the ability to do so.
It's fine if you don't care about achievement points or achievements in general. You are not the target audiance for this content/feature. The graceful thing to do would be to not participate in a conversation about a decision that's irrelvant to your own enjoyment.
As opposed to, dismissing the validity of other players' concern just because it's something that you're not personally interested in. Or like some others, who have used their own indifference towards said content to illogically dismiss the point that some warning, as was the case in the past, should have been given.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

On 8/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

If I know anything about achievement hunting, it's that you target time limited (which wasn't the case here) and the easiest ones (yup) first. If you're striving for AP, prioritise them better I guess. 

Yes, that was still an unpredictable removal. But it was also still an easy set of achievements available for a few years now.

That's actually absolutely true. Except that it IS the case here, it was time limited, and without warning. So all we're saying is, give us a warning, and that's something you already said you agree on.
They gave us a warning for the origional mini pet achievements.
We knew some of those PvP acheivements, and titles even, were limited. I'll never be able to get some of those titles. And that does bother me, but logically speaking, at least it was fair, because I knew about that from the start. The issue here is that people are convoluting their own indifference towards content that doesn't appeal to them (AP hunting) with the essence of the complaint- that removal of content without warning is unfair and could have, should have, been easily prevented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Wonderly.1324 said:

The graceful thing to do would be to not participate in a conversation about a decision that's irrelvant to your own enjoyment.

This is a public forum and everyone has the right to participate in a discussion. 
I don’t really understand all this crying, we had years to complete the achievements, many of us did complete them and some ignored them but are now complaining?

There are still more than enough achievement points in the game and new ones will come in the future  so it doesn’t really matter if there are some that can’t be earned anymore. 
A warning would have been good but it is not a big deal so not really necessary  

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

14 minutes ago, Wonderly.1324 said:

What's "game ruining" is subjective and depends on what people enjoy. For me personally the entire WvW game mode could be removed and I wouldn't notice. But I abosolutely respect the right of other players who enjoy that content and believe they should have the ability to do so.
It's fine if you don't care about achievement points or achievements in general. You are not the target audiance for this content/feature. The graceful thing to do would be to not participate in a conversation about a decision that's irrelvant to your own enjoyment.
As opposed to, dismissing the validity of other players' concern just because it's something that you're not personally interested in. Or like some others, who have used their own indifference towards said content to illogically dismiss the point that some warning, as was the case in the past, should have been given.

You're very presumptuous to assume I'm not the target audience and am not interested in achievements.  Au contraire, but I also accept that things change and while they could have given notice, they chose not to.  There are plenty of achievements available, there will be more.  OP sounds more like just dislike seeing an unfinished one in their retired achieves as opposed to being concerned about the points from it.  Are new players being robbed of their achievements that they didn't know existed?  

Also, this is a public forum.  If you're not open to opposing views or dismissive ones, that's your issue.  You don't have to comment if you don't like it.   Not everyone has to agree with you.  It's part of a discussion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

This is a public forum and everyone has the right to participate in a discussion. 
I don’t really understand all this crying, we had years to complete the achievements, many of us did complete them and some ignored them but are now complaining?

There are still more than enough achievement points in the game and new ones will come in the future  so it doesn’t really matter if there are some that can’t be earned anymore. 
A warning would have been good but it is not a big deal so not really necessary  

Absolutely everyone has the right to participate in discussion.
The "complaint" is the principle that there is no excuse for Anet to remove content without warning.
Your 'contribution' to this discussion is basically, 'this didn't impact me or my enjoyment personally, I don't understand how others feel, so they shouldn't feel that way'

The logic that some people are failing to grasp is that just because some content doesn't interest you, or has been around for years, or was easy to complete, or is miniscule in comparison to what else is out there, does not justify the removal of said content without warning.

The logic people fail to comprehend is that removal of content without warning goes against the spirit of transparency and communication, and violates the flexible, "come and go as you please, play on your own schedule and at your own pace" appeal that distinguishes GW2 from its competitors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Wonderly.1324 said:

Absolutely everyone has the right to participate in discussion.
The "complaint" is the principle that there is no excuse for Anet to remove content without warning.
Your 'contribution' to this discussion is basically, 'this didn't impact me or my enjoyment personally, I don't understand how others feel, so they shouldn't feel that way'

The logic that some people are failing to grasp is that just because some content doesn't interest you, or has been around for years, or was easy to complete, or is miniscule in comparison to what else is out there, does not justify the removal of said content without warning.

The logic people fail to comprehend is that removal of content without warning goes against the spirit of transparency and communication, and violates the flexible, "come and go as you please, play on your own schedule and at your own pace" appeal that distinguishes GW2 from its competitors.

Then why do you want to exclude others with a different opinion from the discussion? 
They didn’t remove content, they did remove a couple of achievements. Achievement points are not content. 
If these achievements were so important for you then you would have done them years ago while they were available. It was very easy and fast to complete them. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

41 minutes ago, Wonderly.1324 said:

That's actually absolutely true. Except that it IS the case here, it was time limited, and without warning.

I was saying that from the perspective of the player looking at the achievement and deciding whether or not they should/want to do it. At the time the achievement was available, we had no information about it being somehow time limited, which is why I said "it wasn't the case here". It's only the case in retrospection which couldn't influence decision making at the time (but the fact that it was an easy set of achievements could 😉 )

41 minutes ago, Wonderly.1324 said:

So all we're saying is, give us a warning, and that's something you already said you agree on.

Yup.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Then why do you want to exclude others with a different opinion from the discussion? 

23 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Also, this is a public forum.  If you're not open to opposing views or dismissive ones, that's your issue.  You don't have to comment if you don't like it.   Not everyone has to agree with you.  It's part of a discussion.

I don't want to exclude others with a different opinion. If you're opinion is, "It doesn't matter to me" "This doesn't bother me" or some form of that then great, please share that. If it's "This doesn't matter to me therefore it doesn't matter at all" then help me understand why you feel the need to impose your views on others under the guise of "discussion".

Alternatively, I'd like to hear a good, logical counterarguement for why it was excusible for ANET to forever remove access to something without warning.
"You had years to do it" is a faulty arguement because the principle is that we were lead to beleive we had infinite time to complete it. It would be like if they removed the legendary armor collection from the game. I've already completed it so I don't care, therefore those who have had years to do it shouldn't cry or complain is a logical fallacy.

The core issue of the complaint is the lack of transparency and communication first and foremost, not the loss of content

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Wonderly.1324 said:

I don't want to exclude others with a different opinion. If you're opinion is, "It doesn't matter to me" "This doesn't bother me" or some form of that then great, please share that. If it's "This doesn't matter to me therefore it doesn't matter at all" then help me understand why you feel the need to impose your views on others under the guise of "discussion".

Alternatively, I'd like to hear a good, logical counterarguement for why it was excusible for ANET to forever remove access to something without warning.
"You had years to do it" is a faulty arguement because the principle is that we were lead to beleive we had infinite time to complete it. It would be like if they removed the legendary armor collection from the game. I've already completed it so I don't care, therefore those who have had years to do it shouldn't cry or complain is a logical fallacy.

The core issue of the complaint is the lack of transparency and communication first and foremost, not the loss of content

So now you compare a bunch of achievement points with the legendary armor? That’s ridiculous. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I was saying that from the perspective of the player looking at the achievement and deciding whether or not they should/want to do it. At the time the achievement was available, we had no information about it being somehow time limited, which is why I said "it wasn't the case here". It's only the case in retrospection which couldn't influence decision making at the time (but the fact that it was an easy set of achievements could 😉 )

Yup.

I apologize if I misread you. Yeah I absolutely agree. The lack of communication was the real issue, the fact that we believed we had the ability to complete something at our liesure and that something would always be available was suddenly removed. If they brought it back even for a day I'd get off work early or whatever and just jam it out.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

So now you compare a bunch of achievement points with the legendary armor? That’s ridiculous. 

Absolutely. "That's ridiculous" is your opinion and you're entitled to it. "Achievement points is not content" is also your opinion and again, you are entitled to it.
I absolutely welcome people to share their opinions, it is a public forum and a public discussion after all. What make discussion frustrating is when people are unable to distinguish their own opinions from objective logic.

Objectively speaking, legendary armor also just includes a bunch of achievement points.

My point is to say, you can have your opinion, and the things you care about in the game, and you're free to express them. What I don't find justification for is the need to say something is unimportant just because it doesn't matter to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Wonderly.1324 said:

Absolutely. "That's ridiculous" is your opinion and you're entitled to it. "Achievement points is not content" is also your opinion and again, you are entitled to it.
I absolutely welcome people to share their opinions, it is a public forum and a public discussion after all. What make discussion frustrating is when people are unable to distinguish their own opinions from objective logic.

Objectively speaking, legendary armor also just includes a bunch of achievement points.

My point is to say, you can have your opinion, and the things you care about in the game, and you're free to express them. What I don't find justification for is the need to say something is unimportant just because it doesn't matter to you.

No, legendary armor includes more than just a bunch of achievement points. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yes but I already completed it so it dont matter to me if they remove the ability for it to be completed with no warning.

See how that would make other people sad?

Yes if you can somehow see that they why cant you see that removing the tutorial achievements wihout warning made another section of the population sad?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yes, but which parts are how much important to someone differs. There are people that are more interested in AP'a part of legendary armor collection than its skin, for example. Likewise, of someone were to play SPvP almost exclusively, they would not care about stat-changing QoL of legendary gear at all.

In short: what you consider more and less important in this case is purely your subjective opinion, and is not universally shared by everyone. Specifically, you thinking that APs do not matter does not mean they do not matter. It just means they do not matter to you.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, but which parts are how much important to someone differs. There are people that are more interested in AP'a part of legendary armor collection than its skin, for example. Likewise, of someone were to play SPvP almost exclusively, they would not care about stat-changing QoL of legendary gear at all.

In short: what you consider more and less important in this case is purely your subjective opinion, and is not universally shared by everyone. Specifically, you thinking that APs do not matter does not mean they do not matter. It just means they do not matter to you.

Where did I write that achievement points do not matter? I didn’t write that so please don’t make stuff up. They do matter to me that’s why I completed these achievements a long time ago. 
If these achievement points were so important you would already have done them, we had years to complete them and they were easy and fast to complete. If you chose to ignore them for years, don’t worry there are still more than enough in the game and new ones will come. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Please remember that there are players who will want the AP from the old tutorial achievements who started playing after their removal. It's not the case for me especifically, but I don't see the value to arbitrarily making this aspect of the game worse for those who join later. There have been many achievements that were retired before I started playing as well, and I would have appreciated if players pushed against these sort of changes on my behalf (and maybe thanks to them for a long while Anet barely removed any, so for that I'm grateful). These 125 points might not be much by themselves, but they now add up to the thousands of currently unavailable points and I think it would be better if everyone had a chance at them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3