Advanced Skimmer Course Adventure Bugged

For the last part of "Finding Sibaha" you need to race a skimmer and get silver, it wont dive, every time I try, the skimmer vanishes and I'm left swimming for the under water parts and im always about 10 seconds behind silver even with extra speed buffs. hard to believe this is still an issue even after all the reports 2 years ago

Edited by Screwed.9704

I agree- I just tried it now and it is very frustrating. I tried holding down the C etc. Worst part is there is a forum [FIXED] Advanced Skimmer Course that says it is 'Fixed' from two years ago.  But the forum concludes with the last post saying it is not fixed.  Either they need to fix it or at the very least extend the silver time so that it is achievable.

okay, i cant fix the kicking off mount, but i can help with the mastery 😄

get someone to be there underwater when you get dismounted that will give you lots of swiftness, they then follow you and do the same each time you go underwater.

ive done this twice this week to help people and both got to the end and completed mastery. if its ending the race when you go underwater then i dont know 😞

6 minutes ago, Shwag.7528 said:

I'm having the same issue. Even when I finish the course with the gold and silver buffs, I dont get reward credit. The event just kinda ends.

Sorry, what I said was not true. I dont make it in time for silver but I dont get the bronze chest. I'm assuming if you finish in time for silver you get achievement credit for the skimmer unlock.

I'm trying to complete the finding Finding Sibaha achievement to get the final skimmer mastery. The last step is to get silver on this adventure, but it seems to be bugged. Every time I try to go underwater the adventure fails and I get dismounted.

I found some videos of workarounds from 1+ years ago, but they don't seem to work anymore.

Same. Looks like either an old bug that resurfaced in the recent update, or an old bug that was never fixed. there are posts from 2 years ago about the same thing happening.

Apparently you can finish the course with speeds boosts and no skimmer, but that seems very frustrating and nowhere near a solution.

Make sure to put in a bug report so it gets on the radar for a fix.

I just finished this, using a necro for underwater dashing. And raptor to finish, barely made it through.

And yes, it was very, very, very frustrating.. because it wasn`t just 1 bug..

At random my checkpoints underwater would simply not be there for me to follow.. so I had to restart, in hopes they would just be there for me to try again.

Please, Please, PLEASE make this a priority fix! Mount skins are GEM STORE things and I've done all the leg work to get this race started only to find I can't complete it because for this race you're supposed to be able to use the underwater ability for the skimmer so that you can unlock it but it just does NOT happen! The game refuses to let you use it because you 'haven't unlocked it' yet. But that's the whole point of this entire quest chain! That's alot of ArenaNet man-hours gone to waste, creating the quest for millions of players who cannot complete this achievment now. This race was designed to be comepleted on the skimmer, so why is everyone having to swim, using dash mechanics to even get close to completing it?

Edited by Scott Wollman.6124
add video evidence
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Wollman.6124 said:

Please, Please, PLEASE make this a priority fix! Mount skins are GEM STORE things and I've done all the leg work to get this race started only to find I can't complete it because for this race you're supposed to be able to use the underwater ability for the skimmer so that you can unlock it but it just does NOT happen! The game refuses to let you use it because you 'haven't unlocked it' yet. But that's the whole point of this entire quest chain! That's alot of ArenaNet man-hours gone to waste, creating the quest for millions of players who cannot complete this achievment now. This race was designed to be comepleted on the skimmer, so why is everyone having to swim, using dash mechanics to even get close to completing it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQAMogObP3c

This video is TWO YEARS old! Why has this gone unfixed for two years?

Given the recent reports on this issue, I would guess it was fixed 2 years ago and somehow resurfaced (heh) in the update this week. Otherwise I am sure there would have been many more complaints in that time.

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Thanks 1

We have identified a bug in the Advanced Skimmer Course in Lion's Arch associated with the 'Finding Sibaha' achievement. The bug prevents players from unlocking the "Skimming the Depths" mastery. While we address the issue, we have temporarily disabled the Advanced Skimmer Course. We will re-enable this content as soon as the issue is resolved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1