Any chance for GW2 to go to Epic Games too?

4 minutes ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

I'm really sorry. I genuinely forgot for a second I'm twice your age.

Orange Box. 

I don't blame you. I forget sometimes that not all gamers are the same age and have the same experience so you think Guild Wars 2 is the GREATEST GAME EVER, weren't around for the launch of Steam, the beta of Guild Wars 1 and don't even know why Half Life 3 is a meme. 

The orange box was literally on ps3.... and it's games created by VALVE......

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

The orange box was literally on ps3.... and it's games created by VALVE......

TFC, TF1, TF2, Fortress Forever, Half Life 1... Literally needing to plant some more trees because of the carbon dioxide I'm sighing because of how deliberately obtuse you're being to prove an invalid point to someone literally winning tournaments in Esports while you're defending the BIGGEST CASUAL GAME ON THE MARKET! 

Ok, that's twice it's on me and not you. You're an MMO player. I shouldn't have expected you to have heard of a tournament winner when you're literally spamming 1-5. 

Edited by Darkobra.6439
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

TFC, TF1, TF2, Fortress Forever, Half Life 1... Literally needing to plant some more trees because of the carbon dioxide I'm sighing because of how deliberately obtuse you're being to prove an invalid point to someone literally winning tournaments in Esports while you're defending the BIGGEST CASUAL GAME ON THE MARKET! 

Ok, that's twice it's on me and not you. You're an MMO player. I shouldn't have expected you to have heard of a tournament winner when you're literally spamming 1-5. 

ok that's a really funny word salad and all that but what games have valve paid developers to release their title only on steam and keep it off of other platforms like epic games do?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

Honest question here, how is comparing the epic game store's decision to pay game developers to not release on EGS's competition vs Steam's history on such matters, "defending the most casual game on the market?"

I am curious as to how Valve releasing their own games on their own platform is comparable to Epic paying third party developers for release exclusivity. I do not particularly have an issue with Epic's approach myself as it is the equivalent of additional investment capital, which is important to many developers.

And, as an FYI, playing a game, or games, well enough to win tournaments is largely irrelevant to the topic of platform business models. There are far more successful competitors in various venues whose lack of business acumen leads to financial disaster than who actually understand the underpinnings of the field of endeavor. Being good at a sport (e or otherwise) is statistically much more likely to correspond to NOT knowing much about the business aspect.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Thanks 1