Revived: 1.8B+ times

Training dunnies: 156 trillion+ damage

Kralkatorrik (Dragonfall): defeated 521,000+ times

GW2: 3 Expansions and 35 Living world releases

Dragonstorm: defeated 516,000+ times

Soo-Won: defeated 182,000+ times

Elder Dragons: died 4.1M+ times

A few stats that are particularly interesting to me:

Fractals are cleared 11k times per day, 1.8 million legendary weapons crafted and Soo-Won defeated 182k times.

Would be very interesting to find out the total number of hours played by all players since GW1 and GW2 releases. Also, How many mystic coins has the Ley-line Anomaly given out. I would imagine this is the most popular daily event.

Also, DE meta won 182,000+ times, which is about 1k times per day since released. That's 50k+ players winning on a daily basis. And the naysayers are saying it's not popular.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

I was surprised and amused by the statistic that 9 players die every second. It makes me feel slightly better about my own contributions to that statistic.

I was disappointed that we didn't get an update on the enemies with the best and worst kills/deaths ratios which were in a previous infographic. I suspect the poor scale is still the worst off but I'd like to know if anything has topped the earth djinn for most players killed per time it's defeated.

And yeah I was pleased by the stat for the DE meta. I've done it several times myself, but it's good to know it is completed frequently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Also, DE meta won 182,000+ times, which is about 1k times per day since released. That's 5k+ players winning on a daily basis. And the naysayers are saying it's not popular.

Hmm. Are you sure about that number? Soo-Won's final end could also be counted from successful completion of story step "The Only One". At least it would be consistent with the numbers above since Zhaitan and Mordremoth can only be killed in story instances. Also I would be really surprised if Dragonstorm as an event would be nearly as popular as the Dragonfall meta.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yoguil.7320 said:

Hmm. Are you sure about that number? Soo-Won's final end could also be counted from successful completion of story step "The Only One". At least it would be consistent with the numbers above since Zhaitan and Mordremoth can only be killed in story instances. Also I would be really surprised if Dragonstorm as an event would be nearly as popular as the Dragonfall meta.

I missed a zero. It would be 50k+ players daily winning. It does seem rather high but not improbable. On the other hand, if it included both the story and the meta, then it will be very low. Would be nice if they can confirm exactly what it refers to. In the story step, we did not exactly killed Soo-Won but we killed her at the meta.

As for Dragonstorm vs Dragonfall, although the releases were two years apart, there are always lots of players doing DS every single meta in multiple instances. Being in EotN, it's extremely convenient to just enter for a quick 2g plus all the other loots, even if you had no intention to do so before.

Dragonfall, although popular requires farming for keys which may deter players somewhat. Also, players are only interested when the map reaches T4. Sometimes, that takes a very long time to reach if few bother to do the events. Players will pop in and out if the map is not ready. So, to me, it's not really all that surprising.

7 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Someone can't make that statement honestly without showing how many times it failed.

Why not? If that's the case, then none of the infographic concerning meta successes can be made. Every single one involved a chance of failure. Not all metas are populated so every one of them fails often on some instances.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2

The better picture would come from information of not only how many times something was succesful, but also how many players succesfully completed it. With a better information whether it's about story or meta (or both).

And even then it is still very much up to interpretation. But then, anything more would require us to see data about how the success vs failure changed over time, as well as a breakdown of number of successes per unique player (so, what number/percentage of players completed it once, twice, many, many times...). Only then we would have enough data to really say how (un)popular and (un) succesful the meta is. And that data is something Anet unfortunately will never show us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Also, DE meta won 182,000+ times, which is about 1k times per day since released. That's 50k+ players winning on a daily basis. And the naysayers are saying it's not popular.

Are you sure? If it's about meta, it would be around 1200 times per day, with 12 attempts daily. That would mean on each attempt, on average, there should be 100 succesful instances. WHich definitely is not what happens - quite often it's not even more than one (per zone, i guess, so x2). It has to include story completion, otherwise the numbers don't make sense.

Hint: 100 map instances is absolutely insane. So far, the greatest number of instances we ever saw was for Tarir multi loot - and even then it could reach about 10-11 map instances at most (at least in EU - i don't know how it was in US, but i doubt it was significantly more there). And since that times, nothing ever came close to those participation numbers. For the popular metas like Gerent or Tarir we can usually get 2-4 instances per zone (at peak hours). If DE was so much more popular, we would know it without doubt, because there would be no hiding/misinterpreting it.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Are you sure? If it's about meta, it would be around 1200 times per day, with 12 attempts daily. That would mean on each attempt, on average, there should be 100 succesful instances. WHich definitely is not what happens - quite often it's not even more than one (per zone, i guess, so x2). It has to include story completion, otherwise the numbers don't make sense.

Hint: 100 map instances is absolutely insane. So far, the greatest number of instances we ever saw was for Tarir multi loot - and even then it could reach about 10-11 map instances at most (at least in EU - i don't know how it was in US, but i doubt it was significantly more there). And since that times, nothing ever came close to those participation numbers. For the popular metas like Gerent or Tarir we can usually get 2-4 instances per zone (at peak hours). If DE was so much more popular, we would know it without doubt, because there would be no hiding/misinterpreting it.

Yeah, either tiredness is making me miss something obvious here or something is really fishy about that statistic. Maybe somebody messed up a decimal point or something. Isn't that meta at least an hour long including prep time? I don't remember the whole duration, but being generous and saying it takes an hour (I think it's even more than that?) that would be a maximum of 24 attempts a day for one instance. To get to ~1k attempts a day (setting aside win rate) that would mean across EU and NA, there would need to be an average of ~41 instances doing it per hour (1k / 24). And to add to your info about EU, my experience on NA is about the same. 2-4 at reset for the most popular metas (like AB), usually 1-2 during off hours.

I mean, am I kitten on the numbers here or is this just total BS statistic on anet's part.

I could see there having been a lot more instances on release, but even with that extra push, how do you get even close to 182k attempts, much less wins. And earlier on, when the engagement was probably higher, was when people were failing even more, so...

Edit: Ok, I had a thought here that could maybe explain it. Maybe they are including stats from the chinese servers? That could make it a more realistic possibility. I have no idea what the population for the game is like there, it could be adding that would inflate the stats a lot.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Confused 2

The better picture would come from information of not only how many times something was succesful, but also how many players succesfully completed it. With a better information whether it's about story or meta (or both).

And even then it is still very much up to interpretation. But then, anything more would require us to see data about how the success vs failure changed over time, as well as a breakdown of number of successes per unique player (so, what number/percentage of players completed it once, twice, many, many times...). Only then we would have enough data to really say how (un)popular and (un) succesful the meta is. And that data is something Anet unfortunately will never show us.

That goes without saying for all metas. Those that we think are more popular than they actually are relatively such as the numbers for DS vs DF.

Are you sure?

Of course I'm not sure as I stated in one of my replies. We don't know exactly what that number actually represent. Are those just meta or meta and story? Do they include the Chinese server as well?

I just find some of those data interesting. But we'll never know the full story. What I really am interested in is the number of active unique players? That's another number we'll never see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Of course I'm not sure as I stated in one of my replies. We don't know exactly what that number actually represent. Are those just meta or meta and story? Do they include the Chinese server as well?

They don;t have stats for Chinese version. They mentioned that once during some previous infographics. As such, the numbers they mentioned have to include story (or even be stats about story completion, without meta at all). I can believe in 180k people finishing EoD story. I definitely won't believe in 100 succesful instances of DE on average for every single DE attempt in the last 150 days.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2