Massive lag spikes in north drizzlewood coast [Merged]

something is causing huge game pauses in north dwc near the frost citadel area when using environment settings other than low. i have already tried removing arc and doing -repair and the issue is unchanged. this started happening with the patch on the 23rd. all other zones i have been in so far do not have any issue at high settings.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

• Like 6

Just like to add to this. Just got done doing North with as group of about 20. Everyone was complaining of 2-5 second freezes. The game sound, screen and controls all freeze up completely. Then you're good until it happens again. Never had a problem before the recent update. Something with the update caused this, not your PCs fault.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grunch Monkey.3095 said:

Having the same issue. Multiple people on map complaining of lag spikes in north lasting anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds, sometimes multiple times in a row. 

Can confirm, seen this too (multiple people reporting experiencing the same). Particular areas I notice it happening more consistently is on the way from Frostvein to Drizzlewood Peak encampment after killing last tribune. And in the citadel room with the big tank.

Complete game freeze for a few seconds.

• Like 1

Having the same issue. Didn't happen until two patches back. This is extremely problematic and makes it basically impossible to do the meta without pulling your hair out. Happens extremely frequently in the Frost Citadel, and begins happening as soon as you reach Frostvein. Starts calming down the moment you get away from blood, fighting the Claw of Jormag.

My guess is the game's having trouble rendering Jormag's blood, but I genuinely have no idea besides that. Pretty thematic the Elder Dragon of Ice would cause game freezes. 😀

Edited by Dotveg.5108
Typos and missing words

I did some digging around and COuldn't find it anywhere 

But Drizzlewood north has been notorious for a while for hardcrashing people's Clients ( And games) Due to some graphical .. something or other that's been happening. 

I wanted to know if it was safe to farm drizzlewood or not beccause that's my primary Mystic Clover Source. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I doubt they'll ever be able to fix anything about it.

In my experiences, the lags mostly happened due to the excessive amounts of particle effects and bright colours. These aren't just coming from the players, but also the icy surroundings.

Given that they seem to love excessive particle effects to a degree that isn't exactly healthy for a game, I can't see them fixing this reason for lag.

And since the game is hosted on Amazon Web Servers, I doubt they can upgrade the servers to handle the particle effects better.

Edited by Fueki.4753