Skirmish reward over the week. Transfer progress for next week.

phs.6089

Dear devs. Any chance you could look at this suggestion?

For people like me that don't have enough time to play and complete Skirmish reward in one week.

Can we have the progress of current week transferred to the next instead of just reset in back to Wooden chest?

People that finished Diamond chest, still should have theire repeatable, people like me have a chance to finish Diamond next week. Then only revert to Wooden.

Regards and Happy Birthday!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Problem: In two to three weeks, everybody would be up in their repeatable Diamond chests and would run on "full reward mode" all the time. Also, that would require the repeatable Diamond chests to change to include Skirmish tickets.

I assume your reasoning behind the suggestion is the lack of Skirmish Tickets you can acquire in one week. Therefore it would make more sense to normalize the tickets across all chests to get rid of the current "back loading" of the ticket rewards. Chest would drop roundabout what the gold chests currently do (search for my posts, I did the math for that a few weeks ago). Normal rewards from the chests would still escalate from "Wood to Diamond", so WvW mains can still profit from their bigger portion of game time compared to casual players.

PS: Reward tracks need a boost to complete for general better loot. I think most of us can agree that during "special weeks" a +280 or +360 (depending on the amount or type of your boosters) per tick felt a lot more in line with what you can get in a PvE / festival meta (e.g. a single Boss Blitz gave me more loot that over an hour of intensive WvW two weeks ago).

• Like 3

As I suggested before, maybe the tickets should end before Diamond. Like you should get all your tickets by Mithril, and Diamond would just get enhanced rewards + extra bonus for finishing diamond last week.

People that finish diamond regularly probably don't need tickets, but they could use more VIP rewards or something.

Also an extra pip for finishing Gold (?) last week.

This should cover everyone while still giving decent incentive to do diamond anyways.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

20 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Problem: In two to three weeks, everybody would be up in their repeatable Diamond chests and would run on "full reward mode" all the time. ...

Not really

if Diamond wasn't earned in week 1, then next week the track would go strait to Wooden, when completed .

Edited by phs.6089

On 8/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

Problem: In two to three weeks, everybody would be up in their repeatable Diamond chests and would run on "full reward mode" all the time. Also, that would require the repeatable Diamond chests to change to include Skirmish tickets.

I assume your reasoning behind the suggestion is the lack of Skirmish Tickets you can acquire in one week. Therefore it would make more sense to normalize the tickets across all chests to get rid of the current "back loading" of the ticket rewards. Chest would drop roundabout what the gold chests currently do (search for my posts, I did the math for that a few weeks ago). Normal rewards from the chests would still escalate from "Wood to Diamond", so WvW mains can still profit from their bigger portion of game time compared to casual players.

PS: Reward tracks need a boost to complete for general better loot. I think most of us can agree that during "special weeks" a +280 or +360 (depending on the amount or type of your boosters) per tick felt a lot more in line with what you can get in a PvE / festival meta (e.g. a single Boss Blitz gave me more loot that over an hour of intensive WvW two weeks ago).

The bigger problem is it takes 15-20 hours to cap for the majority of players. I don't believe either raids or PvP take as long to earn the weekly rewards in as WvW does, and both are way more rewarding in other ways as well. With that amount of time required, most are having to negate the rest of the game entirely to reach the cap. 

This also doesn't even begin to cover the fact that active play doesn't speed up the process at all. You'll cap just as quickly capping SMC over and over as you will running yaks to keeps with Netflix open. If it were up to me, you'd get pips for completing activities on top of the 5 minute ticks, maybe 1 for a camp capture, 2 for a tower, 3 for a keep, 4 for SMC with additional pips for x number of player kills. 

The simple solution is to reduce the amount of time it takes to reach and complete Diamond. 

• Like 1