Gain Life Force and Siphon Heath

Balmora.8243

This is a super confusing wording for a new player to Necromancer like myself. There is nothing I remember in the game that explains the difference between these two. I have played 30 hours now and just found out that Feast of Corruption doesn't actually heal me, but something like Locust Swarm does. I would suggest renaming Life Force to something like 'Shroud', 'Soul Syphon' or 'Reaping'. 

1 hour ago, Balmora.8243 said:

This is a super confusing wording for a new player to Necromancer like myself. There is nothing I remember in the game that explains the difference between these two. I have played 30 hours now and just found out that Feast of Corruption doesn't actually heal me, but something like Locust Swarm does. I would suggest renaming Life Force to something like 'Shroud', 'Soul Syphon' or 'Reaping'. 

Locust swarm used to only give life force, thought... One of the worst skill tweak in GW2 history...

Don't give up, you'll eventually get used to the therminology.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

1 hour ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

While I can kind of see where the confusion can come from, the game has been out for 10 years using the same term. They are not going to do reword every instance of life force to something else because of a possible small confusion.

There is not much explanations for the skills in general, it would be nice if there was more information on how these mechanics work. I'm enjoying the game, but it is not very new player friendly.  

15 minutes ago, Balmora.8243 said:

There is not much explanations for the skills in general, it would be nice if there was more information on how these mechanics work. I'm enjoying the game, but it is not very new player friendly.  

The guild wars 2 wiki is very comprehensive.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

It has practically anything that you need. For a game as large as this especially with how old it is, relaying just on ingame explanation is not going to be enough. You are better off just asking in forum or check the wiki.

4 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

The guild wars 2 wiki is very comprehensive.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

It has practically anything that you need. For a game as large as this especially with how old it is, relaying just on ingame explanation is not going to be enough. You are better off just asking in forum or check the wiki.

My original post had links from that wiki and I guess the issue is I don't know the spell isn't working like I think it should. Is there a way to look at this stuff in game or do I have to spend time outside the game researching before trying new professions?

8 minutes ago, Balmora.8243 said:

My original post had links from that wiki and I guess the issue is I don't know the spell isn't working like I think it should. Is there a way to look at this stuff in game or do I have to spend time outside the game researching before trying new professions?

Relaying just on in game tooltip is enough generally, however anything too specific and you are better off asking here or check the wiki. You are stepping in a pretty old mmorpg with systems layered on top of systems, the game never had good tooltip to begin with and is not going to get better any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Balmora.8243 said:

While not directly integrated into the game, you can for example literally type in ingame chat /wiki Life Force, and it will open the Wiki page for you, explaining the mechanic, skill, item, term, etc. that you may need further explanation on.

"Life Force" (the special Shroud-resource) looks a lot like "Life Siphon" and unless you read carefully its easy to mix them up or misinterpret what is meant by "Life Force".  I can understand the confusion, but its a matter of learning the terminology of the system.