No discounted sales this year? [Merged]

45 minutes ago, Teoman.9713 said:

Twitch drops, previous week blc key and a few total make over kits. Seems to me these are the gifts for 10th year anniversary + Steam launch. There might be a possible freebie mount skin this week to wrap it up for anniversary. 

The Twitch and the currently running GeForce  NOW promo don't replace a sale. ANet usually gives away some free stuff around the anniversary and at the end of the year, therefore it's nothing unexpected even if the items might be a bit more valuable than usual.

Many folks are just used to a large month long sale that hasn't happened at the scale of the previous years (yet). Especially if you dig around in the wiki, you'll notice that some of the items typically only go on sale during anniversaries as well.

Unless we see something large next week, this year will be quite a disappointment for  people who were saving money or gems for a time when some of the big ticket store items are more affordable.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

As the titles says. For one of the biggest milestones in Guild Wars 2 history it's a big shock to NOT see any celebratory gem store sales. Every year before 2022, the GW2 Wiki documents items that have gone on sale, the discount price, and for how long. This year it only lists 2 items through ALL of August. One Black Lion key and a Total Makeover Kit. Both free.

While I appreciate the free items, as most other player do I'm sure, this is AWFUL when looking at previous years. I, and I'm sure many other players, set aside funds or turn gold in to gems in order to prepare for this wonderful time to buy those items you've wanted but were too expensive to justify at the normal price. This year? We get nothing. Not even a supply drop that many of us look forward year after year. On top of that, for previous festivals we didn't even get the Infinite Continue Coin for SAB, or a Zhaitaffy Gobbler during the Dragon Bash festival.

As an active player who enjoys supporting the game, this is very disappointing. I know Grouch is very passionate about the game because I see him often in world vs world, and that's so good to see. I just wish it felt like who ever managed the gem store at least pretended to care as much.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

If you look at the Living World seasons alone, it's a ~23% discount buying them via the Complete Collection compared to buying the gem store bundles for each season which would set you back 4160 gems or 52€/$, ignoring the fact that you have to overbuy gems for at least 55€/$. That roughly translates into a 10% discount for the complete collection. I guess, Steam doesn't allow to show this discount if the parts of the bundle aren't available separately.

Huh? You can get that ultimate collection from the GW2 website which includes the 3 expansions, 4k gems, and then some other stuff. Sure, the gems may not cover all the LW seasons but it's a tiny difference that one can easily make up with gold to gem conversion in a short period of time and you get the other stuff that makes up for it. You have been able to buy the 3 expansions for $50 from the GW2 website for a while now which then means 50 bucks for the gems, almost the same as Steam. I have no idea where you get this 23% discount from with the Steam package.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I loved last year's supply drop requisition so much (first time getting a supply drop), so I was saving up to buy this year's eagerly. But then... there wasn't one. I was very much looking forward to it! I even ignored the preceding sales on things I wanted like bank tabs and shared inventory slots so I would have the funds for the supply drop. 😢 I will keep hoping there's something in the works for the next month...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, loregnum.3619 said:

I have no idea where you get this 23% discount from with the Steam package.

It's the difference between paying 40 € and 52€ (4160 gems) for the same content which equals roughly 23% last time I checked.

The Ultimate version of the Collection only gives you 1x level 80 boost & 1x shared inventory slot. The Complete Collection on Steam should give 2x level 80 boosts & 2x shared inventory slots as it is advertised since it includes the two standalone versions of PoF/HoT & EoD.

That means that Steam is 2x 30€ + 40€, while ANet's Ultimate Collections is basically 50€ + 50€ worth of gems. The proper match for the Steam offer would be EoD Ultimate (80€) + PoF/HoT (30€).

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...