Eternity and Legendary Armory

Hello everyone,

I have recently decided to craft Eternity, and then sell it on the Trading Post.

I've been reading different posts about the changes since the release of the Legendary Armory, but most of them are pretty confusing.

A confirmation on the following question would help me a lot :
If I craft Eternity with an Unbound Sunrise and Unbound Twilight, I should then be able to sell Eternity.
But will I still unlock Sunrise and Twilight skins ? (even though the Legendary Armory now exists ?).

Basically I am only interested in Sunrise and Twilight skins, but want to sell Eternity.
Is it still possible to do that with unbound Sunrise and unbound Twilight ?

Thanks ! :)

8 minutes ago, SparklingDark.3809 said:

If I craft Eternity with an Unbound Sunrise and Unbound Twilight, I should then be able to sell Eternity.

But will I still unlock Sunrise and Twilight skins ? (even though the Legendary Armory now exists ?).

Even before the legendary armory, you could only unlock a legendary skin by binding the weapon, but at least you could still craft an unbound Eternity with a bound Sunrise and Twilight, if I recall correctly.

This should no longer be possible. You shouldn't be able to unlock the skins unless you bind the items to your account, thereby adding them to the Armory.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wardrobe#Locked_and_unlocked_skins

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Even before the legendary armory, you could only unlock a legendary skin by binding the weapon, but at least you could still craft an unbound Eternity with a bound Sunrise and Twilight, if I recall correctly.

This should no longer be possible. You shouldn't be able to unlock the skins unless you bind the items to your account, thereby adding them to the Armory.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wardrobe#Locked_and_unlocked_skins

I am pretty sure crafting Eternity has always unlocked Sunrise and Twilight skins, even if you hadn't bound them to your character. It's the only legendary weapon that does that, since it's made from two other legendaries.

This post actually seems to confirm that you can craft Eternity with unbound Sunrise and unbound Twilight, only get the skins (not the legendary weapons), and then sell it : 

I just wanted to confirm if that's actually the case ?

I've not tried it myself but as I understand it making Eternity will unlock the SKINS for Twilight and Sunrise. Its made in the Mystic Forge and putting items in the Forge technically deletes them and returns a new item, so it works the same as deleting something from your inventory, which unlocks the skin if you don't already have it. 

What it won't do is unlock the legendary weapons in the armoury. So if you make Eternity and then sell it you'll be left with 0 legendary weapons, 2 skins and a pile of gold. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I've not tried it myself but as I understand it making Eternity will unlock the SKINS for Twilight and Sunrise. Its made in the Mystic Forge and putting items in the Forge technically deletes them and returns a new item, so it works the same as deleting something from your inventory, which unlocks the skin if you don't already have it. 

What it won't do is unlock the legendary weapons in the armoury. So if you make Eternity and then sell it you'll be left with 0 legendary weapons, 2 skins and a pile of gold. 

I understood the same !

So, it's perfect, that's exactly what I want 🙂

2 hours ago, SparklingDark.3809 said:

I just wanted to confirm if that's actually the case ?

I wish I knew. I crafted them years ago and bound them immediately, hence can neither confirm nor deny the claim that crafting an unbound Eternity will unlock the two other skins.

1 hour ago, SparklingDark.3809 said:

So, it's perfect, that's exactly what I want 🙂

Please come back and let us know if that worked. I'd love to know for future reference. Thanks. 🙂

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I wish I knew. I crafted them years ago and bound them immediately, hence can neither confirm nor deny the claim that crafting an unbound Eternity will unlock the two other skins.

Please come back and let us know if that worked. I'd love to know for future reference. Thanks. 🙂

I promise I will.
It will be in a bit of time, still have to get my second gift of exploration done ahah !

But apparently it is already confirmed by Garrison Storm below :

58 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

I can confirm from experience that both Twilight & Sunrise skins are unlocked in the process of crafting and selling Eternity.

Best of luck on this adventure!

Thanks a lot for the information !
I'm even more motivated now 😄

Edited by SparklingDark.3809

55 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

Mystic Forging always automatically unlocks the associated weapon skins for weapons you didn't have yet.

I'm not sure if there's still an option to account bind the weapon without adding it to the legendary armor but if you do so, it should result in the very same thing.

No if you account bind it your stuck with the 3 greatswords.

• Confused 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hello,

Coming back to confirm !

I crafted unboud Sunrise and unbound Twilight, then merged them into Eternity, which is also unbound.
I unlocked the skins of Sunrise and Twilight, but can still sell Eternity (I am left with no legendary weapon though) !

See below in the pic (sorry it's in french) : you can see that Eternity is unbound, and I don't have the skin unlocked.

https://imgur.com/a/J7ra8a4

Now let's sell it 😄

Thanks for everyone's help 🙂

Edited by SparklingDark.3809
  • Thanks 3