Im kind of lost NA and EU players can no longer play together?

Hi!

Im a returning player .. trying to play with my friend, he downloaded GW2 on Steam and we are trying to play together, he is in Gate of Madness(NA) and Im in Aurora Glade(EU).

But when Im trying to TP to him, it says that he is in a different world 😞. We checked already patches and instances and nothing... 

I thought we could play together even when we were on different regions or that's what the internet says or I have lived a lie for a long time xD

So can anyone help me with this? 

You cant play together unless you transfer on his server or he will transfer on your server!
NA and EU are on different datacenters!
That whats changed is people on EU can play together on PvE since megaservers came in game,So people on different servers can play on Pve together!
same for NA people too!!

Edited by alteriel valie.4751
clarify

21 minutes ago, alteriel valie.4751 said:

You cant play together unless you transfer on his server or he will transfer on your server!
NA and EU are on different datacenters!
That whats changed is people on EU or NA can play together on PvE since megaservers came in game!!So people on different servers can play on Pve together!

i dont think EU and NA megaservers mix either..

u can play with him if u would simply go NA or he comes EU server doesnt matter if ur talking about PvE just the region does.
so if u transfer to NA or him to EU just pick a dead server (as this has only influence on WvW) and u got your self a cheap transfer for 400gems?

9 hours ago, Mimikyu.1604 said:

Hi!

Im a returning player .. trying to play with my friend, he downloaded GW2 on Steam and we are trying to play together, he is in Gate of Madness(NA) and Im in Aurora Glade(EU).

But when Im trying to TP to him, it says that he is in a different world 😞. We checked already patches and instances and nothing... 

I thought we could play together even when we were on different regions or that's what the internet says or I have lived a lie for a long time xD

So can anyone help me with this? 

If you go to character selection there's a button at the bottom that allows you to select your world. By paying a one-time transfer fee, you can move your entire account to your friend's region (or vice versa). If you don't have alot of money then this fee can be paid with farming and gold to gems.

The server you select doesn't matter except for WvW, as for PvE only the region matters. Keep in mind your ping will also be affected (usually +/- 100ms or so).

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1