Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Got pulled off of vista


Recommended Posts

On 8/31/2022 at 4:17 PM, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

Is the magical 9001 range pull, you can be pulled even from the other side of the walls out flying in the sky like a rocket 😒

One day i was on wall at Mendons.Saw  enemies coming and i jump down to report in chat.I landed right infront of supp depot!
Suddenly i got pulled straight up in the air then above the wall and in the end outside into the enemies!
I laughed and thought was lag but happened 3 more times that period!
Never happened again though!
Im on EU so magic is everywhere 😄 

Edited by alteriel valie.4751
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three days ago I got pulled by someone at a camp while being very far away and behind a wall, my character went around the structure while being pulled and I was wondering what the hell was happening, only to be destroyed in a second. Makes it really fun, along with the great balance, when you're already forcing yourself to WvW for a Gift of Battle 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2022 at 1:26 PM, Evenge.4067 said:

Consistently sketchy things happen from that server. It's well known by all players. 

Just saw today a maguma player healing a downed player and they were just a few rubs away from getting them up. Our zerg turned on them and they both suddenly speed hacked like 400 range away. But they timed it wrong. They needed more time to revive.

It was a safe distance to speed hack and they tried to clutch it while hiding their hack which was impressive. But I still saw them do it.

I thought people were complaining about skilled players but these mag players are cheating.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not certain what you expected to happen.  Did you expect you're supposed to be invulnerable while viewing a vista?  You can be in a PvE map and activate a vista at the same time you slip and start to fall to your death.  It's funny because you can watch your fall in the cut-scene.  I don't think it would be a good idea to have players become invulnerable in a PvP map at every vista.  That would get abused.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you expect you're supposed to be invulnerable while viewing a vista? 

Theres more than 1500 range from point A and point B but he got pulled somehow

 

Btw today i got pulled from inner sm behind the ramp near the wall, into the air to all the way over the gate fell almost on the cloaking water 🙄

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its likely the Necro pull, its the most broken skill in the game. The range is actually up to 1500 sometimes, not 1200 because its only 1200 from the launch point (not counting if the Necro moves out of range), and its a PBAoE so no target or line of sight is required, which means it can work through walls if the "hand" was already over the wall when you jumped down, it'll still come to you.

 

Most players don't know these things and try to use it with a target and a direct line of sight (e.g on walls) or don't know they can move or portal when using it for more range.

 

But yeah, if Engi mortar or Ranger longbow can hit you, Necro can pull you.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its likely the Necro pull, its the most broken skill in the game. The range is actually up to 1500 sometimes, not 1200 because its only 1200 from the launch point (not counting if the Necro moves out of range), and its a PBAoE so no target or line of sight is required, which means it can work through walls if the "hand" was already over the wall when you jumped down, it'll still come to you.

 

Most players don't know these things and try to use it with a target and a direct line of sight (e.g on walls) or don't know they can move or portal when using it for more range.

 

But yeah, if Engi mortar or Ranger longbow can hit you, Necro can pull you.

You may have a point but I was using a long bow. A ranger using a longbow from a high point gets increased range. I don't know any other class that could get that kind of range.

But maybe you're right. All I know is there is something up with maguma.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most hacking claims on these forums seem to be from a lack of understanding or from not knowing how lag affects player positions in the game.

 

The magnuma comments appear to be a pursuit of a person thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones, popularly depicted as a woman wearing a black cloak and pointed hat and flying on a broomstick for either sport or food.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game isn't true 3D, almost no games are. As a consequence, verticality is kinda wonky and movement/actions don't always register up and down as the distance they are actually at... Dragonhunters pull is another fun example, occasionally launching the subject high into the air where they then plummet to instant death.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In our recent matchup against Mag, I was consistently pulled from significantly farther than I had experienced previously (and since).  One instance in particular, I was standing at the top of the ramp (just short of the lord room) at Bravost and was pulled from the opposite side of the room, from the bottom of the cliff. Never had that happen before.

You figure out real quick (if you have a functioning brain) where it’s safe to stand during a siege, so these sort of instances stand out because they’re an anomaly. But when that anomaly occurs consistently enough, from one particular server, well…

Edited by crewthief.8649
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 12:10 AM, Justine.6351 said:

I had to report an ally a couple months ago.

He was a ranger fighting an RI camp lord when I went past. 5 seconds later he teleported near me in downed state by the river east of ssc in abl. I said "nice hacks" and he said "sorry, lagging".

He may have been telling the truth. I was playing on mobile connection for some time, and lag makes that happen. You are fighting a supervisor, then everything stops acting and players start running in straight lines. You understand that you are lagging, and try to distance yourself and you move away. 10 seconds later, your pc receives all the packages that accumulated in that time (client rarely disconnects in those situations), and since your new position wasn't transmitted to the servers, the supervisor downed you. But since you moved on your client, it is now transmitted to the server and you appear to have teleported on the eyes of other players. On the client, you see all the damage happen all at once and get downed wherever you were on your screen, even if the supervisor is now 10000 range away. It's very simple actually. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

He may have been telling the truth. I was playing on mobile connection for some time, and lag makes that happen. You are fighting a supervisor, then everything stops acting and players start running in straight lines. You understand that you are lagging, and try to distance yourself and you move away. 10 seconds later, your pc receives all the packages that accumulated in that time (client rarely disconnects in those situations), and since your new position wasn't transmitted to the servers, the supervisor downed you. But since you moved on your client, it is now transmitted to the server and you appear to have teleported on the eyes of other players. On the client, you see all the damage happen all at once and get downed wherever you were on your screen, even if the supervisor is now 10000 range away. It's very simple actually. 

he may have been telling the truth,

or he may have been teleport hacking cause he went into downed state...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...