No 10th Anniversary Sale?

Ajji.6031

I'm hoping to spend a bunch of gems on upgrades like the Storage Expander.  I was saving gems up for the 10th Anniversary sale...but there is no sale.

Should I just go ahead and buy the upgrades now?  Or do you think there will be a sale on upgrades soon?

All the appropriate times to have a sale have already passed (Steam release, actual anniversary date, this past Tuesday), so it's either going to come at a weird time, or someone goofed the communication and no gem shop sales are intended for the anniversary. The closest thing I could find is that some of the For Fans By Fans GW2 merch is on sale (but none of the anniversary-related offerings).

• Thanks 1

Bank tabs, bag slots, shared inventory slots, crafting licences, Desert Racer mount licences and the Aurene backpack/glider were discounted earlier in August, but no one (including Anet) seems to consider that part of an anniversary sale: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/dive-deep-with-the-new-water-dragon-spear-skin-and-water-dragon-wings-backpack-and-glider-combo/

They've also had all the black lion vouchers back, which are cheaper than buying the same skins directly from the store.

Other than that it's just been free items.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Nope, no supply drop either. Since steam just dropped it would be a loss if they give discounts. Probably wait for November sales I guess.

I always buy the supply drops, and this year there isnt one so im a little miffed about that. So people are confused about no 10th anniversary drop? Whats to be confused about? there was an 8th anniversary and a 9th anniversary drop, it would be logical there would be a 10th

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Out of all the years of Anniversary, there has only been 2 with Supply Drops; I'm not sure that sets the precedent so many mention. 

We did have a Supply Drop not too long ago (End of Dragons). 

true but there have been 4 supply drops in all, and i usually buy them but I didnt the EoD one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Bank tabs, bag slots, shared inventory slots, crafting licences, Desert Racer mount licences and the Aurene backpack/glider were discounted earlier in August, but no one (including Anet) seems to consider that part of an anniversary sale: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/dive-deep-with-the-new-water-dragon-spear-skin-and-water-dragon-wings-backpack-and-glider-combo/

They've also had all the black lion vouchers back, which are cheaper than buying the same skins directly from the store.

Other than that it's just been free items.

I've been thinking the black lion vouchers may have been their idea of sales. They were technically a discount, as you say, just a very small one.