Best Class for a focus build?

Arictheana.5906

It isn't often seen that someone priorizes a weapon over a class, but if you want to show and make a good usage of that focus, I would say go for Weaver. Investing on something that you dont know you will like to play is harsh, and being your first time on ele can be tough so ill link you here a cheap condi build that wont hurt your wallet, and is very effective.

Here we go:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lJwmYSsImJOKXbvbA-zRIYrSBvEoQYjToA6NBcYAA-e

Edit: I missed to say congrats on crafting this awesome legendary and enjoy it!!

Edited by Ruisenior.6342

20 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Which game mode? Focus is a strong weapon pvp weapon for pretty much all professions that can use it.

didnt Necro lose the cc on focus a patch or two ago?

I would say Focus on Mesmer is still a good offhand option, especially for power specs. I cant comment on weaver. TBH I was collecting parts to make an Ipos but I changed my mind after the one dodge nerf.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

Like people said, pretty much all except maybe Necromancer? It's the default defensive offhand for ele (maybe even just straight default generally... haven't checked weaver DPS builds lately), it's the BiS offhand for power DPS guardian, and for mesmer it's a strong DPS phantasm alongside a useful skill for pulling enemies into a group to be cleaved.

The skin thematically fit the necromancer but necromancer's focus skill aren't that great unfortunately. I'd suggest guardian as it's focus skill are pretty strong compared to other professions. Elementalist wouldn't be a bad option but you hardly have the time to look at your focus on this profession. As for mesmer, it's a pretty good weapon but few choose it.

Specter, because holy crap talk about the perfect theming with shadowy magics haha, nevermind, they got a scepter.

I dunno, lol.  Dabble around with a few different classes and builds until you find something that feels good.  Meta will change in 3 to 9 months, so "optimal" might not be the same after a while.

• Sad 1

Focus is really good for Mesmer in big WvW groups (where your main job is supplying lots of big nasty pulls to try to help your team land kills), and it's pretty strong for WvW Power necro and Elementalist roamers as well.

In PvE… enh. Hmm. Used to be Mesmer, I think these days they don't use it much though.

I use focus currently on my necromancer, Pistol/Dagger as primary and Scepter/Focus as secondary.

For PvE, the vulnerability is decent and the chill is good for breakbars.

For PvP, the chill removes 3 boons (fantastic) and does a good amount of damage - the vulnerability isn't as great but is still nice either as a cover condition or just for pressure.

For power necros, Axe/Focus is fantastic as well.

Edited by Aplethoraof.2643
  • Confused 1