[Vid] PvP in EoD Jail - Mesmer Roaming

JazzXman.7018

Hi back with a new vid, maybe some of you can enjoy. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heu6clIepJ0

Pls notice the vid description as always!

Also dont miss the Community Chest Giveaway!

Participation rules:

1. Add #chest to your youtube comment (additional constructive feedback to the vid is ofc also appreciated as always)
2. Insult, troll, flame, hate and racist comments will be disqualified
3. 6 winners will be randomly picked 22 september 2022, 8pm cest

Sponsored by Arenanet! 

Greetings Jazz o/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

Hi back with a new vid, maybe some of you can enjoy. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heu6clIepJ0

Shall I guess the comment responses:

• Mirage still has one dodge so it''s unviable
  • Virtuoso's Bladesongs cant be used against good players
  • Thief is counter to Mesmer so it is shutdown in that matchup

I watched some of your other videos so i know its not true.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 9

12 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Shall I guess the comment responses:

• Mirage still has one dodge so it''s unviable
  • Virtuoso's Bladesongs cant be used against good players
  • Thief is counter to Mesmer so it is shutdown in that matchup

I watched some of your other videos so i know its not true.

1. every tryhard mat/ tournament team hardly prefers to play without a mesmer if they have the choice, no matter how good the mesmer plays. there is no discussion about that at this point. esp power mirage would still be unviable with 2 dodge so the one dodge is indeed not the reason for it. also i still would prefer to just bring other classes down to a more skillful, less broken, less spammy, less facetank lvl instead buffing mesmer up to other classes state (who would have fun to play a bladesworn in pink? at least not me). 

2. never said that since its not true. you have several ways to hit your stuff on virtu, also vs good players. the easiest way (and its sad that it is working that way actually, at least vs the average player) is to just outspam the opponents defense until you hit while spamming blocks, you also can hit your stuff by good timing but hey we dont want high skill ceiling/cap gameplay requirement in the game right? thats why mesmer is hated and virtu was made as an simplified abomination of basic shatter mes so the avg gw2 player finally doesnt get lost in clones and complain on forums/discords (didnt rly work out it seems lulz). 

3. yes thief is mechanically hardcountered by gs power mes since game releasse, mes only has to throw one eye in thiefs direction and the thief can say hi to god. thats how it always has been and how it will ever be!

4. that i still can make mesmer work doesnt mean its worth playing it... when i can just switch to another class and have the same or more impact with less effort, less risk and less skill requirement. the only reason to play mesmer is my personal preference towards high skill ceiling/ cap builds.

thx for watching, have a nice day 🙂

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Nice video Jazz! Glad to see you are still around being a high skilled die hard.

big thx for your nice feedback, im happy you could enjoy the vid ❤️(mesmers are die hards not try hards  indeed lul 😆)

12 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I hope you realize that this is a video compilation which is edited with the best plays and not a general case scenario. Also JazzXman is a Mesmer main from day 1 IIRC and is one of the top Mesmer players in the world so stop piggy backing. 

hehe thx for the compliment and you are ofc not wrong with it being only a montage. but i rly try to give a realistic view over what happens during i play also when i ofc dont show every downstate or death in each match i cut and use in the vid. i ofc also dont show when i just stand on a save spot freecasting for 1 min. its just not intersting to watch from my pov then.

i select towards interesting stuff to watch, ofc also some highlights but i dont select to make me or the class look better than it actually is. 

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

This video is very fun to watch and shows some really nice plays.

thanks a lot for watching and the feedback, always nice to get some ❤️

1 hour ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

The intro alone is worth the price of admission :classic_laugh:

Now if only I could play like that - great stuff!

aaaah finally someone mentions the intro. i started worrying that it is just kitten (i mean outside of the noob editing). big thx for the nice feedback ❤️

• Like 3

On 9/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, JazzXman.7018 said:

3. yes thief is mechanically hardcountered by gs power mes since game releasse, mes only has to throw one eye in thiefs direction and the thief can say hi to god. thats how it always has been and how it will ever be!

Is that sarcasm?

As for the video itself, didn't like the condi bits and loved the power bits but that's just me since I hate condi.
Nothing more to be added, you're the best power mes on game period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Is that sarcasm?

ofc 😆

11 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

As for the video itself, didn't like the condi bits and loved the power bits but that's just me since I hate condi.
Nothing more to be added, you're the best power mes on game period.

no worries i get ya! you know, i prefer power over condi mes by far myself! but it is hard enough to get tryhard ppl to run with a condi mes, most always get a preventive heart attack when i wanna join at/mat with power, so i have to play condi here and there. at least i  successfully refused to touch inspiration until now muha.

you forgot the most important bit: did you like the intro? 😁

big thx for your nice feedback, im happy you like my gameplay that much ❤️

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

ofc 😆

no worries i get ya! you know, i prefer power over condi mes by far myself! but it is hard enough to get tryhard ppl to run with a condi mes, most always get a preventive heart attack when i wanna join at/mat with power, so i have to play condi here and there. at least i  successfully refused to touch inspiration until now muha.

you forgot the most important bit: did you like the intro? 😁

big thx for your nice feedback, im happy you like my gameplay that much ❤️

The intro is accurate. 

Tbh I don't like any of the new elite specs, they're all bland without innovation and depth, so they become boring fast. 

The only one that I kind of dig is BS, more due to the dragon thingy animation that is influenced by battojutsu since I like stuff similar to that, on top of my head hibiki from the last blade and ukyo from samurai showdown. 

Anyway I think every profession got garbage elites, not just mes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

The intro is accurate. 

Tbh I don't like any of the new elite specs, they're all bland without innovation and depth, so they become boring fast. 

The only one that I kind of dig is BS, more due to the dragon thingy animation that is influenced by battojutsu since I like stuff similar to that, on top of my head hibiki from the last blade and ukyo from samurai showdown. 

Anyway I think every profession got garbage elites, not just mes. 

you like the most broken one, thats funny 🙂 i think untamed and specter have potential if they wouldnt be so op. but the basic design is at least not 100% only copy pasta from old stuff and they potentially would add skill ceiling compared to other specs/ core of that class.

anyway since anet deleted the pvp thread without comment and moved this one into the "no one ever will check here"- section, i guess they dont like the intro 🤣

49 minutes ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

you like the most broken one, thats funny 🙂 i think untamed and specter have potential if they wouldnt be so op. but the basic design is at least not 100% only copy pasta from old stuff and they potentially would add skill ceiling compared to other specs/ core of that class.

anyway since anet deleted the pvp thread without comment and moved this one into the "no one ever will check here"- section, i guess they dont like the intro 🤣

LIke I said only like it because of the dragon thingy animation. Since it's similar to other stuff such as this at 29sec:

Didn't tried Untamed at all, tried Scepter and it certainly needs a shave.

Didn't understand why they moved the thread, it belongs to mesmer forums but no one understands ANerf reasoning anymore.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

LIke I said only like it because of the dragon thingy animation. Since it's similar to other stuff such as this at 29sec:

Didn't tried Untamed at all, tried Scepter and it certainly needs a shave.

Didn't understand why they moved the thread, it belongs to mesmer forums but no one understands ANerf reasoning anymore.

ye i got that you meant mostly the animations. its also the only cool and new stuff on virtu... 

ANerf hehe good one, also its more AdestroysmechanicswithtradeoffsNet

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 1