Done with fractals until AR character locking is addressed

AR is a barrier. However, I believe this is intentionally. Admittedly it can be annoying, but a game without barriers to overcome can feel rather pointless.

For the OP, it doesn't really sound like you're very committed to running fractals though. If you can get one dps to 150AR (or even just 135+potion) you can begin running fractals enough to get infusions and ascended gear for alts. I generally can just open lfg and find someone looking for dps most of the time.

On 9/3/2022 at 12:15 AM, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Before anyone brings up buying more AR, I can use that money to get Legionaries that let me engage with every single other part of the game more readily...

Do you mean legendries? The cost of legendries are waaaaay higher than AR infusions, so I don't even understand this statement, tbh. Also, you can just buy AR now and then sell the AR infusions you get from running T4 fractals. Think of it as a loan with 15% interest that you then invest in your business (i.e., running T4 fractals) which you will make more than enough off your initial investments considering raw gold and ascended gear. I'm guessing you don't want anyone to bring this up because you KNOW this is the solution but you are being stubborn for some reason and really only choosing to punish yourself?

You've identified a problem (good), so are you going to complain, twiddle your thumbs and for the gods (devs) to intervene, or are you going to actually do something you have control over, formulate a plan and overcome the challenge? The choice is literally yours.

12 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

- +9 agony infusion is 5g, a full set is cheaper(100g?) for ppl who running T4.

- i'm against any change on fractals economy, what i see is raiders migrating  to fractals.

Its only 85g or so but, you have to multiply that by every built on every character you play Fractals with. For example my Guardian has Condi DPS, QB, Harrier QHFB, Minstrel QHFB,, and AlacHeal Willbender, Of these, I need three unique equipment sets which translates to over 250g just for one character in Agony infusions alone, and that's not the only character I play in Fractals by far.

You might think "well, no one does that!" but you'd be surprised. Many, many players love alts and Fractals are the most non-alt-friendly part of the game that exists by a long shot.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its only 85g or so but, you have to multiply that by every built on every character you play Fractals with. For example my Guardian has Condi DPS, QB, Harrier QHFB, Minstrel QHFB,, and AlacHeal Willbender, Of these, I need three unique equipment sets which translates to over 250g just for one character in Agony infusions alone, and that's not the only character I play in Fractals by far.

You might think "well, no one does that!" but you'd be surprised. Many, many players love alts and Fractals are the most non-alt-friendly part of the game that exists by a long shot.

With legendary armor you don’t have to spend that much gold on AR infusions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

With legendary armor you don’t have to spend that much gold on AR infusions. 

I have full legendary, but that doesn't do anything to help the majority of the population without it. This game isn't just about me, its about everyone. That's the point of an MMORPG.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I have full legendary, but that doesn't do anything to help the majority of the population without it. This game isn't just about me, its about everyone. That's the point of an MMORPG.

Then why does your guardian need multiple sets of infusions? With legendary armor you only need one set. It’s another motivation to get legendary armor. 
But everyone who plays fractals regularly will have no problems to buy enough AR infusions for multiple builds and characters. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Gw2 is one most cheaper game in terms of alt. and something should have a cost.

I have 32k aP and dont run T4, because im lazy. i already have full set of power and condi attribute infusions which is even more expensive, because sometimes i get bored with power build and vice-versa. The cost of attribute infusion can be 20g each.

The cost if fair, first fractals reward can pay itself. tomorrow if i need a full set of expertise infusions, i just do more fractals! its give a objective to play the game mode.

Otherwise, if Anet remove this barrier today, tomorrow ppl will ask to remove ascendend too. Its a entropy problem, if all the complexity is removed from the game, its become a mini-game playable with just 1 click.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2