ANET Mastery Point Redistribution

Sage.9458

I'm running into a problem with my mastery point distribution.  Specifically the core Tyria mastery.  I put all my points into Fractal, and the commander line.           Now I'm trying to build Nevermore legendary, and I realized I needed points in Legendary 3, to build it.  I'm at a point to where most of the achievements to acquire more points are are truly difficult. 

I'm a pretty casual player and don't get to play much, when I do... it is objectively whittling down things to get Nevermore.  I know this probably sounds like a dumb mistake to many, but it makes me question.

Why isn't there a way to redistribute mastery points?

Also why is getting triple trouble and all jungle worms killed is hard?  If anybody has a group that does this mission let me know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Midknight.7324 said:

I'm running into a problem with my mastery point distribution.  Specifically the core Tyria mastery.  I put all my points into Fractal, and the commander line.           Now I'm trying to build Nevermore legendary, and I realized I needed points in Legendary 3, to build it.  I'm at a point to where most of the achievements to acquire more points are are truly difficult. 

I'm a pretty casual player and don't get to play much, when I do... it is objectively whittling down things to get Nevermore.  I know this probably sounds like a dumb mistake to many, but it makes me question.

Also why is getting triple trouble and all jungle worms killed is hard?  If anybody has a group that does this mission let me know.

You can use Mastery Points from Living World Season 2 in Core Tyria Mastery tracks as well.  There are far more Mastery Points available than needed, but some will require you joining Fractals or Overworld Squads to complete (aka can't be solo'd).

There are at least one and probably more TT clears each week.  Check after Reset on weekends for a group forming in NA region, they usually advertise in major cities but you can also keep an eye on LFG or park at the starting WP.

The reason it would not be advantageous to redistribute Mastery Points is that players would fill one line, acquire the advantage, move the points to another line, acquire the advantage, etc., etc. 

If redistribution was to happen, each Mastery Point would become 10x-20x more difficult to acquire. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Midknight.7324 said:

There are 34 leftover points after you have finished the Central Tyria mastery. Check Central Tyria mastery points for all the available points. Go through all of them again and perhaps you can find some easy enough to obtain.

As for redistributions, it is not a good idea since they are all tied in to other achievements. Will you be willing to lose all your points and other gains from Fractals if you take away points from them? Or lose anything acquire from using the Pact commander line?

• Like 1

it is objectively whittling down things to get Nevermore. 

Getting the required masteries -including mastery points- is the part of "things to get nevermore". Just focus on mastery point acquisition for now, since that's the step you're missing.

Probably because it would trivialize the whole system. Going for fractals? Fill up fractal line. Want to craft leggy? Redistribute into leggy crafting mastery for an hour. Farming OW? Auto-pick up it is!

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, agnlaa.7594 said:

There are multiple organized TT runs every day, for what it's worth. I know of two guilds that run at 04:00, one at 01:00, and one at 21:00. There's others, too, but I'm not up to date on what guilds run when I'm asleep or at work.

There's also an entire discord dedicated to it, they post when they do runs. Can find it by searching "Triple Trouble Wurm Discord".

• Like 2

On GW2 efficiency you can filter the options you have by going Account -> Achievements and then setting the filters to "Show: Earnable" and "Masteries only: Central Tyria" to see all options still available to you. Poster after me suggested a much easier way.

For the 49 points I'd recommend you to make sure you have the following ones (in rough order of much effort it takes to get them):

All Mastery Insights for commune (9 total)
Karka Queen Killer
Slaughter in the Swamp
Ruler of Shinies
Carrier Cacophony
Holo-Hornpipe
Horrik's Horror
Take a Bow
If We Only Had Marshmellows
Open Grave
Out of Cluck
The Floor Is Lava. Don't Step In It.
Hop, Skip and Jump
Fancy Footwork
Hidden Garden
Retrospective Runaround
Lion's Arch Exterminator
Master of Heroics
Tequatl the Sunless
Dungeons Discovered
LS2 points for story completion (8 total)
Personal Story Chapter 1-8 (8 total)

These are all fairly easy to complete, even while some of them may require a group. In total this adds up to 44 points, meaning there are only 5 missing.

For the remaining 5 ones I would recommend you to look out for the following ones:
The Annihilator
The Demolisher
The Executioner
The Tormenter
While all 4 of the above take a longer time to get, just getting 1 or 2 out of them can be fairly quick - their spawn is mutually exclusive so you can get a lot of dupes while trying for the last one especially
Flawless Fins Foil Foes
Shockwave Skipper
Transfer Chaser
Wurmicidal Maniac
Amber/Cobalt/Crimson Wurmslayer
Koutalophile (depending how close you are to finish)
Ascended Accoutrement (depending how close you are to finish)
Any of the LS2 mastery achievements (8 total, pick your poison)
Been Here, Done That (only if already reasonably close to map completion)

In general, most people struggling to finish core masteries do not play fractals or simply have overlooked some of the more awkward requirements to actually qualify for the mastery point. If you played fractals before, you'll quickly realize that some of them are very easy.

Not having LS2 greatly narrows down your options and increases the required effort but with the suggestions it should still add up to 49 I think, even if you don't have it.

For Triple Trouble, essentially make sure you are on the map 30-45 minutes BEFORE the event starts according to Wiki to make sure you catch a squad. From what I've heard it is being run on NA almost around the clock while for EU only one slot per day is usually being run.

The times for gathering up on EU are:
- Monday 18:15
- Tuesday 21:15
- Wednesday 18:15
- Thursday 21:15
- Friday 21:15
- Saturday 21:15
- Sunday 18:15
The event itself starts 45min later. For detail information you'll want to checkout the discord: https://discord.gg/6YG5CC6

Edited by Endaris.1452
Added info about TT times on EU
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

On GW2 efficiency you can filter the options you have by going Account -> Achievements and then setting the filters to "Show: Earnable" and "Masteries only: Central Tyria" to see all options still available to you.

You can do that ingame by pressing H -> cog wheel next to the search bar -> add filter -> mastery point -> core tyria.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Midknight.7324 said:

If there was then the points would be meaningless after you acquired enough to max out one mastery line. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Midknight.7324 said:

its true there's not really enough emphasis on 'once you spend these, that's that.' in the mastery instruction booklet.

so, you just have to add to your list to get nevermore, including getting the rest of the core tyria points.

i think you aren't allowed to respec because once you hit the highest number, no one would get the rest of the points, they'd just respec each line to what they needed. its kind of a prestige system to note how much someone's struggled. lol.

triple trouble is a hard world boss, and arguably the most difficult in core tyria overworld. it requires a very organized group to handle it. i think there's 3 main guilds that regularly run it every weekday for NA. there are a few that will do impromptu runs. idk about other timezones. So yes, squad wipes should be pretty common here, as its basically a raid boss lite.

Edited by SinisterSeven.2781
  • Confused 1

Never thought about it, but that's a fair point, there are some cases where it's easy to spend points without planning ahead and get screwed later. I wonder what you think, OP, about if they were to do it like the WvW ability reset cost, 25 spirit shards for a reset. Do you think that would fit with the needs of a casual player who didn't plan ahead on point distribution or is that expecting too much?

• Confused 2