Supports In WvW?

SleepyBat.9034

4 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Theres counterplay to that as well, play mesmer, necro and warrior to some extent, these classes have mechanics to counter it, and it can work well to some extent.

The possible issue m8 be how sturdy some supporters can become very sturdy due minstrell be a perfect defensive stat and Anet has been kinda avoiding meta-counter to perma boon balls gameplay, Anet kinda helping carry the boon ballers at the momment.

On solo...or havock i would say just corrupt or dispel the tank wanabe all those sturdy tanky players need their boons 😛 .

Not since they made classes pulsing boon share, all the old boonstrip is ineffective thanks to the sheer volume of boon output many of the new classes have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas.2564 said:

There is kind of a reason for the fact that healers can out heal ur dps!

No there is not. Fights should involve more than just a dps vs hps race and healing should never exceed damage, because fights are supposed to end eventually, especially when one side is just facetanking and ignoring most combat mechanics. Stale fights are boring and pointless and not healthy for a game mode that should evolve arround players fighting each other.

This does not mean, healing and support become useless.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Not since they made classes pulsing boon share, all the old boonstrip is ineffective thanks to the sheer volume of boon output many of the new classes have.

Yes, i know that's why i said it can work to some extend and why  perma boon teams are being carried by Anet favoristism on bad gameplay to make WvW work like a pve raid perma boons or gtfo lol.

A good way to balance this gameplay and Anet keep its boon ballers is to buff warrior spellbreaker to target very strong boon  in 1st place  with WoD like quickness, and reduce its 300sec  icd core traits to 60sec, this could help have more players with the counter gameplay rather be +1 boon spammer..

18 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

No there is not. Fights should involve more than just a dps vs hps race and healing should never exceed damage, because fights are supposed to end eventually, especially when one side is just facetanking and ignoring most combat mechanics. Stale fights are boring and pointless and not healthy for a game mode that should evolve arround players fighting each other.

This does not mean, healing and support become useless.

It doesnt, the issue is not that heals  outheal damage, par of the issue is that damage is only AOE based and at range and even the melee/close combat is all the proxy casted AOE, also all that players need to runs is 3 tanky setups, minstrell FB's Minstrells Scrappers, and necros for the bombs and barrier, if a zerg do this setup well they will win most combats even with have less players.

The game is  forcing only certain "stacking overperformance effect"specs cause Anet kinda obsolete its possible counters, players wont even touch them that much, due how perfectly sturdy the stats for supporters work when mass stacked ence why it feels heals will outheal dps, its a stats problem in 1st place.

If u say heals outheal damage then no bunker would die in 1v1 wich is not true, the issue here is how counter meta is discouraged by Anet, again stats issue when certain builds mass stacked have no counters or poor counters.

i play zealot mixed with clerics herald/ventari, Minstrells wont kill me so they will think my heal outheal their damage 🙂 just giving this bit extreme example to try to make u see that the issue is not heals outhealing damage  (wich would be a skill quoficient issue) but issue needs to be seen within more deph, in quite some cases i wont be able to kill the minstrell players either due how tanky ONLY CERTAIN specs can become using tanky gear, it is not the healing but the sum of all parts but mostly the stats from minstrells that is to perfect defensive and support at the same time.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1

Just from what I have seen, they nerf damage, offence and anti support quite often. Nerfs to support are miniscule in comparison. When they did the big damage nerf where they nerfed the numbers across the board, support for the most part was unchanged. Each change is small, but it has ballooned over time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Famine.7915 said:

Just from what I have seen, they nerf damage, offence and anti support quite often. Nerfs to support are miniscule in comparison. When they did the big damage nerf where they nerfed the numbers across the board, support for the most part was unchanged. Each change is small, but it has ballooned over time.

When damage got nerfed so did support heal quoficients, Anet in fact nerfed both.

it is just the amount of minstrells in the game mode and the perma boons, WvW is jyst stack supports minstrells and then condi bunkers.

To help beat this trend players just need to playt more chrono and spellbbreakers, gamemode should have alot of these, most think the counter to boon is boon convert to condi but this way they are just helping their lots of scrappers doing their work, the less condition get converted back to boons the easier is to strip boons.

Edited by Aeolus.3615