Berserker rework: The one who stands above all Especs

anbujackson.9564

Okay so, I felt like doing this. There are some ideas from other classes which I use. You will see what I mean. Mostly from a PvE perspective by the way.

When equipping berserker you gain a new F2 skill while keeping 30 adrenalin and your F1 core burst. Its main weapon remains the torch. Berserk mode has a fixed duration of 15 seconds (10 second cooldown).

Entering berserk mode requires 30 adrenalin and has no cast time. Gain 50 power and condition damage per second while in berserk mode (up to 750). Your adrenaline bar is reduced to 10 in berserk mode (so 1 burst is still only 1 berserker power for example while entering berserk mode gives you 3 like usual). Core bursts have no cooldown and deal the same damage as T3 bursts. As soon as berserk mode ends, you are weakened by the rush of adrenaline. All Damage is decreased by 25%, while increasing again by 2,5% every second (so you have your normal power as soon as berserk mode is back).  All Damage taken is increased by 25%, decreasing again by 2,5% every second.

Torch remains the same except when using torch 5 you cant be affected by conditions that affect movement and attack speed (cripple, slow, chill). The duration of the field is increased from 5 to 10 seconds. Torch 4 now has a cone shaped effect field (360 range). While in a range of 180 the effect of the AoE is doubled (double the value it has now).

Traits:

Minor Adept see above.

Smash Brawler: Gain 1,5% extra strike damage after using a burst sklill. This effect stacks up to 3 times (10 seconds per stack). In berserk mode the damage is doubled.

Last Blaze: In addition to its previous effects it also adds burning to your core bursts while in berserk mode.

Savage Instinct: Decreases all incoming damage by 15% while in berserk mode. Using a rage skill removes 1 condition.

Burst of Aggression: Using a burst skill grants 5 stacks of might and fury. Bursts cant be affected by blind anymore while in berserk mode.

Blood Reaction: Gain precision and ferocity based on your power. The effect is doubled in berserk mode (5 / 10 %).

Heat the Soul: Gain condition damage. Gain extra condition damage when wielding a torch. Torch 5 also affects up to 4 additional allies.

Dead or Alive: When receiving fatal damage, your health is decreased to 1 instead. Gain damage immunity for the next 2 seconds if the trait activated in berserk mode.

Fatal Frenzy: While in berserk mode you gain pulsing quickness and swiftness (1 second per second / 2 seconds per second).

Bloody Roar: Gain 25 % increased strike damage while in berserk mode. When berserk mode ends, all your accumulated rage and adrenalin is consumed in a shockwave that deals significant damage and knocks back your enemies. You no longer deal less strike damage after berserk mode ends. Condition damage remains the same.

King of Fire: Your burning duration is increased by 33 %. Burning you apply  while in berserk mode deals 15 % more damage. When berserk mode ends, all your accumulated rage and adrenalin is consumed in a devasting fire aura that deals high amounts of burning and weakens your enemies. You no longer deal less condition damage after berserk mode ends. Power damage remains the same.

Eternal Champion: While in berserk mode you gain 25 vitality and toughness per second. Gain stability (1stack) when you use your burst skill (no ICD). Gain 25% of your total HP when berserk mode ends. You no longer receive higher incoming damage as soon as berserk mode ends.

Utilities:

Blood Reckoning: Heal yourself and gain 10 adrenaline. Heal for a percentage of your outgoing damage (10 %). The effect is doubled in berserk mode.

Outrage: Remove 1 condition and break out of a stun. If you break a stun, 2 conditions are removed instead. The effects are doubled in beserk mode.

Shattering Blow: Summon a rock that blocks attacks for 3 seconds. Gain a flipover skill that crushes the rock to deal bleed to your enemy. While in berserk mode you also reflect projectiles.

Sundering Leap: Jump to a location and apply cripple, weakness and vulnerability. When used in berserk mode, up to 5 enemies in the location will be taunted to attack the warrior.

Wild Blow: In addition to its previous effects, this skill, when used in berserk mode, will leave a burning trail on the launched enemy (on enemies that cant be launched there will be a small fire AoE under them) that lasts for 5 seconds and applies burning per second.

Headbutt: Stun your enemy and yourself (same duration). Gain 30 adrenalin if you hit. While under the effect of stability you no longer stun yourself. Deal double damage when used in berserk mode.

Why should we bear any hatred towards other especs which are obviously weaker than us? We only pity them.

EDIT: Its mostly a meme by the way, so stop with the confusing faces please. At least leave useful criticism.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I suppose maybe you should mention the purpose of your changes at the start, rather than list a whole slew of changes for the reader to draw their own conclusions. You mention early on that this is intended to be aimed for PVE - when I would say that Berserker is actually a solid spec with very enjoyable gameplay across all it's builds that just needs a DPS bump that does not mandate a rework on the level of your suggestion. 

A major criticism I would make is that you seem to intend for a huge uptick of DPS while in berserk with a similar downtick of DPS while out of Berserk - which is incredibly unbalanced in PVE because there are many situations where it is possible to effectively have 100% Berserk uptime during burn phases due to mechanics or RP, not to mention extending it indefinitely. Either you balance around the fact that Berserker can effectively have 100% Berserk uptime or you absolutely massacre any Berserker build that does not run 3x Rage skills, or plays on a specific set of bosses where the situation allows this uptime. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, Jzaku.9765 said:

I suppose maybe you should mention the purpose of your changes at the start, rather than list a whole slew of changes for the reader to draw their own conclusions. You mention early on that this is intended to be aimed for PVE - when I would say that Berserker is actually a solid spec with very enjoyable gameplay across all it's builds that just needs a DPS bump that does not mandate a rework on the level of your suggestion. 

A major criticism I would make is that you seem to intend for a huge uptick of DPS while in berserk with a similar downtick of DPS while out of Berserk - which is incredibly unbalanced in PVE because there are many situations where it is possible to effectively have 100% Berserk uptime during burn phases due to mechanics or RP, not to mention extending it indefinitely. Either you balance around the fact that Berserker can effectively have 100% Berserk uptime or you absolutely massacre any Berserker build that does not run 3x Rage skills, or plays on a specific set of bosses where the situation allows this uptime. 

I agree. It's a real fun spec to play and is already pretty viable, it just needs a little DPS bump. A strict DPS berserker build isn't really great at much else (which is fine), so I think it deserves to at least excel at DPS.