Valisha.8650 Posted September 4, 2022 Share Posted September 4, 2022 It really seems to me like making the game "minor-friendly" was a gunshot in the knee for the development. Had anet decided to at least make it 16+ rated, we could of received a much more "juicy" and detailed combat visuals, less Disney-ish story writing, beyond silly forums profanity filter, and at the very least, we would not see people crying about their precious kid hearing one or two "bad words" in the EoD story dialogs (actually happened). Now, while I do not have the official statistics, it seems safe to presume from my personal experience over 95% of the playerbase (and possibly over 99% of people actively participating in gemstore microtransactions), are at the very least aged 16 yo or above, so keeping rating so low seems like favoring 1% of least influential players, over the remaining 99% So my topic I would like to bring to the discussion table today is - What is the point of the "13+" rating? Do we actually need it, or was it simply, a kindly motivated, yet still mistake? As usual, keep the response posts constructive and mannered. 8 9 1 30 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now