Using level 80 boost on a level 80 character

Hi all, I created a new thief with the intention of leveling him up regularly to 79 (I just like leveling up characters, it's relaxing for me) and then using the boost for the celestial gear. Unfortunately, I forgot, whoopsies! So I was wondering if I would still get the celestial gear if I used the level 80 boost on him now? I know you get all the other stuff, but it isn't explicit about the armor/trinkets. 

Edited by kettering.6823

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost#Dialogue

I haven't used one after the changes were applied (like the Celestial gear stats), but it looks like you currently won't be receiving any gear if the character is already Level 80. 😐

That's probably for the better, because upgrades you apply won't be extractable, nor can you salvage the gear, so it's best to get decent gear from other sources (Celestial stats are not recommendable for most part, with only a few exceptions).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost#Dialogue

I haven't used one after the changes were applied (like the Celestial gear stats), but it looks like you currently won't be receiving any gear if the character is already Level 80. 😐

That's probably for the better, because upgrades you apply won't be extractable, nor can you salvage the gear, so it's best to get decent gear from other sources (Celestial stats are not recommendable for most part, with only a few exceptions).

Yeah, that makes total sense. And tbh I have a lot of gold and it's not hard to get exotic cele gear, I'm just cheap and lazy lol. Thanks for the answer! 

• Haha 1