One small but very important adjustment/change can make Guild Alliances a good and profitable update for GW2 and WvW remains... WvW!

I will not write everything i wrote on my blog and i will not use any image of the 3 i have uploaded on this post (since the domain is blocked) but if Guild Alliances remain as it was in Beta Week i suggest you start searching for a new name.for WvW!

World = Server

/period

and without the connected under the same Server people call it with any name you want.. I suggest CvC  (Color Vs Color) as it is now or GvG since we all know where the idea for Guild Alliances is coming from.

But before you continue your development procedure i have and i proved on my site (both technically and WvW-ish way) what you can do and

1.  WvW remains WvW 
  2. Guild Alliances remain in game and with full power of them (more instances)
  3.  How to have profit from Guild Alliances with your lovely Way too!

Take a big breath and Read: That the W inside WvW or WvWvW means World aka Server and if this ever change, it will be the end of WvW as game mode.

or if you are too lazy to read blogs...

EBG Map = Server WvW System and Home Borderlands = Guild Alliances System (up to 5 instances).

Update 30-10-2022: Better and faster approach is to remove the Home Borderlands from the Server System and add them to the Guild Alliances System as it was in Guild Alliance Beta Week (not any map design change, except the total remove of EoTM for obvious GvG reasons  and replace it with the links for the 5 guild instances!!!). This way all sides will be satisfied, because ... EBG = OLD WvW System  and Home Borderlands = Guild Alliances ( and 5 instances = 😃 no more queues for guild runs and guild suprermacy!!! )

it took me 2 weeks to write and collect everything and trying to make it as combact can be.

p.s. if the link is not working in the future means the domain is not renewed but you will find it: Here (this small tip for the future reader of the post )

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

I read a lot of things, too many in my opinion. anet is already doing a lot of work to fix the games with the alliance system, overloading them with other work is unintelligent always in my opinion. and you should not abandon the game right now, now we are all curious to see how the new system will work, you could come out on the most beautiful, it is better to wait relax and see what happens, always in my opinion.

. what is certain is that we could sometimes see the personal thought with some more information from a developer would be really nice. could only help all playerswith little confidence not to stray from our favorite game, this is basically what we all want , players and developers.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I read a lot of things, too many in my opinion. anet is already doing a lot of work to fix the games with the alliance system, overloading them with other work is unintelligent always in my opinion. and you should not abandon the game right now, now we are all curious to see how the new system will work, you could come out on the most beautiful, it is better to wait relax and see what happens, always in my opinion.

. what is certain is that we could sometimes see the personal thought with some more information from a developer would be really nice. could only help all playerswith little confidence not to stray from our favorite game, this is basically what we all want , players and developers.

Or in simpler terms, at least suggest things that are feasible within the scope of WvW. 

All ideas to "reimagine" WvW from the ground arent productive because Anet isnt going to do that. It's pipe dreams of the grass being greener on the other side of the instance, with absolutely zero things outside "it's going to be great!" to back it up. Even the world restructure system is "simple" for the casual observer as WvW would still look and play nearly identical to normal WvW and that's going to have taken them at least 5 years from concept to done. We still don't know the time.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2

why would u rename the same thing that has the same purpose? it was always just servers, and many of us swap servers once a year anyways. server pride is non existant anymore, and server identitiy similarily not. once the core player move, the pugs follow or either way, swap to some other server

and alliances plan is to just call servers.. worlds? afaik?

so why'd they rename Wvw lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

why would u rename the same thing that has the same purpose? it was always just servers, and many of us swap servers once a year anyways. server pride is non existant anymore, and server identitiy similarily not. once the core player move, the pugs follow or either way, swap to some other server

let's see if we can put it this way, many of us change servers anyway once a year or maybe every 2 months, that's fine. but many of us stay in the same team because he's a fan of that team because that it's his team because he feels like a small piece of that team, etc etc.

no one prevents you from jumping where you want every year, you can freely change. very democratic I would say. for me it will be different, I will no longer have the opportunity to choose to stay with my team, I am a fan of that team, it is my team, and I feel like a small piece of that team, whether I win or lose I do not care because that is my team anyway. soon I will be forced to change teams every 8 weeks without alternative, without choice. very undemocratic I would say.

the pride of the server exists and will exist forever at the exact moment when a server exists its identity also exists. it is the result of iterations between many players, communities that are formed, that change, people who leave and people who arrive and so on. you only have one way to erase the pride of the server, delete the server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

soon I will be forced to change teams every 8 weeks without alternative, without choice. very undemocratic I would say.

Ok do you want the democratic alternative for balancing instead? 

If your team have 3000 players and the enemy team have 2000 players, 1000 players on your team is not allowed to play WvW that week. Your team just need to vote on who those 1000 will be. Hopefully not you of course.

Better?

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ok, vuoi invece l'alternativa democratica per il bilanciamento?

Se la tua squadra ha 3000 giocatori e la squadra nemica ha 2000 giocatori, 1000 giocatori della tua squadra non sono autorizzati a giocare a WvW quella settimana. La tua squadra ha solo bisogno di votare su chi saranno quei 1000. Spero che non tu, ovviamente.

Migliore?

absolutely not, if when I write and tell you that I miss a lot of pieces of this upcoming restructuring, it does not mean that I prefer what we have now, we both know that it is something broken quite a bit and for a long time.

I'm happy that alliances are coming, I'm happy to get very similar teams and more fun for everyone, but I'm trying to look a little further down the tunnel, I'm trying to tell you that many players get a good part of their interest in the game because they identify with a team, because they try to make their team win,   I'm trying to tell you that maybe we can get the new alliances and find a compromise so as not to lose something precious on the way for many of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I'm trying to tell you that maybe we can get the new alliances and find a compromise so as not to lose something precious on the way for many of us.

That's the thing. The alliances - ie smaller "worlds" created by guilds and populated by multiple guilds - *is* the compromise to old monolithic worlds and "server pride". That's what you are meant to identify with. Not your world. Your alliance.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That's the thing. The alliances - ie smaller "worlds" created by guilds and populated by multiple guilds - *is* the compromise to old monolithic worlds and "server pride". That's what you are meant to identify with. Not your world. Your alliance.

hey thank you for the compromise you are willing to grant me by alliance, which is............ Covenants. it is clear that it is not enough for me . I try to explain. I identify myself in my covenant, 3 guilds of 50 men. I put the tag for my alliance, and I will try to defend all the territories of my alliance and try to climb a ranking of my alliance. but the leader of the alliance after a month brought in a fourth guild and changed the name of the alliance so let's start over.

after 8 weeks the last guild entered has quarreled with another guild that was already in alliance that has left so we changed the name of the alliance again and started all over again.

after 8 weeks another guild friend of the one who left two months before were very close and so decided to leave our alliance and then we changed the name of our alliance again and started to climb the ranking again.

and here I stop, because I hope I have explained myself, and I could continue with 100 other examples very easily. building a competition between alliances is too fragile, you can build a good competition between all players, you can have a ranking to climb, you can stimulate and motivate players of course, but only if you guarantee them something solid intangible over time a container that brings together individual players and groups of guilds indiscriminately in a democratic way inclusively, so you still need a team or server (you can call it whatever you like)

that's why I tell you if you want to take into consideration to give only more time to the various teams that will be formed randomly, 12 months and then we start again, 1 up and 1 jun weekly remains, the reshuffle of two matched teams remains maybe every month instead of every 2 months. it could work, this could be a compromise.

at least I have a team for a year, I have a tournament to win I have a reason to go online and put the tag if needed, some can leave others can arrive but that remains my team for this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

hey thank you for the compromise you are willing to grant me by alliance, which is............ Covenants. it is clear that it is not enough for me . I try to explain. I identify myself in my covenant, 3 guilds of 50 men. I put the tag for my alliance, and I will try to defend all the territories of my alliance and try to climb a ranking of my alliance. but the leader of the alliance after a month brought in a fourth guild and changed the name of the alliance so let's start over.

after 8 weeks the last guild entered has quarreled with another guild that was already in alliance that has left so we changed the name of the alliance again and started all over again.

after 8 weeks another guild friend of the one who left two months before were very close and so decided to leave our alliance and then we changed the name of our alliance again and started to climb the ranking again.

and here I stop, because I hope I have explained myself, and I could continue with 100 other examples very easily. building a competition between alliances is too fragile, you can build a good competition between all players, you can have a ranking to climb, you can stimulate and motivate players of course, but only if you guarantee them something solid intangible over time a container that brings together individual players and groups of guilds indiscriminately in a democratic way inclusively, so you still need a team or server (you can call it whatever you like)

that's why I tell you if you want to take into consideration to give only more time to the various teams that will be formed randomly, 12 months and then we start again, 1 up and 1 jun weekly remains, the reshuffle of two matched teams remains maybe every month instead of every 2 months. it could work, this could be a compromise.

at least I have a team for a year, I have a tournament to win I have a reason to go online and put the tag if needed, some can leave others can arrive but that remains my team for this season.

You are literally describing the soul of WvW. It's meant to be freeform. Yes that sometimes mean guilds disband, as they have done so many times in the past. New guilds form. Then they disband too. Then even newer guilds form. The "consideration" is you are free to do that. Do some player get caught in the crossfire? Sure. That's when they create their own guilds. With hookers and blackjack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You are literally describing the soul of WvW. It's meant to be freeform. Yes that sometimes mean guilds disband, as they have done so many times in the past. New guilds form. Then they disband too. Then even newer guilds form. The "consideration" is you are free to do that. Do some player get caught in the crossfire? Sure. That's when they create their own guilds. With hookers and blackjack.

exactly, at least we agree on this, so putting the alliances in competition or saying ''my alliance is better than yours'' will not make any sense, even less than it may be worth winning or losing for a server with the current system. I'm writing on the official forum wvw for this reason, if you already have this awareness even before alliances go live, then maybe it's better that we try to contextualize the new system in this game mode world vs world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 11:55 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

agree on that and with what you just wrote you revealed  one reason and many wvw players have left the game the last years with the ... Color Wars 2

if Servers = Guilds then the official Servers Rank Page should be removed too because it represents absolutely nothing or at least they should rename this page with their guild alliances names... because as it is now it simple doesn't make sense to exist this rank page anymore! lol

9 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

exactly, at least we agree on this, so putting the alliances in competition or saying ''my alliance is better than yours'' will not make any sense, even less than it may be worth winning or losing for a server with the current system. I'm writing on the official forum wvw for this reason, if you already have this awareness even before alliances go live, then maybe it's better that we try to contextualize the new system in this game mode world vs world.

this is all about.

The END GAME of GW2 is these 2 pages.

1. Server Rank / Score Page
  2. Player Achievement Score Page  

Everything else is what people are dreaming to be the end game and while gvg addicted want to have a recognized role inside gw2 they choosed  to kill/replace (btw, with Color Wars 2 is half dead...) one of the 2 End Game parts of gw2 to make their existsense inside the game an important role. 

the destruction of one of the 2 parts of the gw2's end game to make gvg the replacement of wvw and not an extension of WvW* is the definition of evil.

“Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin good forces have invented or made”

― JRR Tolkien

they are killing WvW instead of making ...

1.  exists (Server Rank / Score Page
  2.  exists (Player Achievement Score Page  )
  3. NEW The Guild Rank / Score Page  (link doesn't exist yet. but redirects . lol) ! ?

and just like to extend the end game of gw2 too!

p.s. the same happened in PvE with EoD...  watch and laugh

*this is why i wrote the post in my blog, how to be the guild alliances an extension of WvW and not the destruction of it.

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

serverpride died way longer really. i started in 2019 and it was as good as done for even then. just when ur so new to the gamemode, or not playing yet in a guild and therefore don't get many infos about how things do work, then u cannot see many things.

servers stand strong with  the players and guilds they have. they become empty and lifeless once the tryhards move on. (and the bandwagon follows -> population numbers of servers break in)

the current servers, with the linking system, are beyond repair - that is why alliances are necessary, but come like 1 year at least to late yet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/8/2022 at 12:47 AM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the current servers, with the linking system, are beyond repair - that is why alliances are necessary, but come like 1 year at least to late yet.

personally of activities and players in wvw I still see many. and maybe in the near future they could also increase who can say it, I would just be happy for arenanet and for all of us for it. as for '' they are no longer repairable '' perhaps you would be more honest with yourself in saying that nothing has ever been done to repair them. anything can be improved, of course you need the will to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 11:49 PM, Reborn.2934 said:

agree on that and with what you just wrote you revealed  one reason and many wvw players have left the game the last years with the ... Color Wars 2

if Servers = Guilds then the official Servers Rank Page should be removed too because it represents absolutely nothing or at least they should rename this page with their guild alliances names... because as it is now it simple doesn't make sense to exist this rank page anymore! lol

this is all about.

The END GAME of GW2 is these 2 pages.

1. Server Rank / Score Page
  2. Player Achievement Score Page  

Everything else is what people are dreaming to be the end game and while gvg addicted want to have a recognized role inside gw2 they choosed  to kill/replace (btw, with Color Wars 2 is half dead...) one of the 2 End Game parts of gw2 to make their existsense inside the game an important role. 

the destruction of one of the 2 parts of the gw2's end game to make gvg the replacement of wvw and not an extension of WvW* is the definition of evil.

“Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin good forces have invented or made”

― JRR Tolkien

they are killing WvW instead of making ...

1.  exists (Server Rank / Score Page
  2.  exists (Player Achievement Score Page  )
  3. NEW The Guild Rank / Score Page  (link doesn't exist yet. but redirects . lol) ! ?

and just like to extend the end game of gw2 too!

p.s. the same happened in PvE with EoD...  watch and laugh

*this is why i wrote the post in my blog, how to be the guild alliances an extension of WvW and not the destruction of it.

2nd guild alliances beta week and not even withdraw or participate option exists and you are speaking for guild score page?

Sorry but these optimistic views are not helping people with no pure vision and i am not refereeing you.

p.s. the video rocks 😂

Edited by nektar palas.5987
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 8:15 PM, nektar palas.5987 said:

2nd guild alliances beta week and not even withdraw or participate option exists and you are speaking for guild score page?

Sorry but these optimistic views are not helping people with no pure vision and i am not refereeing you.

p.s. the video rocks 😂

Hope is duying last....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, Reborn.2934 said:

Hope is duying last....

and this is why i updated the OP post... my last idea for guild alliances can be implemented tomorrow and anet can thank me later...

p.s. today i played with my Main char on EBG and the open tag Com separated the teams inside the squad based on their ... Server.  Anet don't tell us that there is no Server pride (specially with the Ethnic Servers that exist on Europe).... please!

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If any devs actually read this guys thread id recommend you ignore their posts, everything they say is based on misconceptions about how wvw is and always has been at best.

I wouldn't be suprised either if they made multiple accounts just to make it look like more people agree with them.

Id also reccomend normal posters just avoid engaging with their posts (yea ik follow your own example) because trying to argue with them likely won't get you anywhere. Better to make positive threads and let Anet know the majority of players is full steam ahead for alliances 

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 10:43 PM, Venport.3925 said:

If any devs actually read this guys thread id recommend you ignore their posts, everything they say is based on misconceptions about how wvw is and always has been at best.

I wouldn't be suprised either if they made multiple accounts just to make it look like more people agree with them.

Id also reccomend normal posters just avoid engaging with their posts (yea ik follow your own example) because trying to argue with them likely won't get you anywhere. Better to make positive threads and let Anet know the majority of players is full steam ahead for alliances 

🙂

so, you are the recommend player of gw2.... ok boi here is what players say for your opinions...

Also, if i want to manipulate WvWdevs opinion with what i am writing here or to my site, EXACTLY THE SAME you are doing by accusing me but unlike me, you don't use evidences or arguments like these i am posting and i have ready to post to my site (you don't think that i have only 3 photos as evidences of my sayings, right?) but hypothetical accusations that have nothing to do with my arguments or the guild alliances as subject.

P.S. Friendly Advice to anyone from the GvGFreaks cult that wants to start a personal attack against me. i am waiting the release of guild alliances to say my last words for guild alliances  with only one article about the GvGFreaks cult and what damage has done to gw2's.... WvW!

try to not make me post more than one article for gw2 and Aurora Glade on tsekouri.tv, because i have in draft more than 20 articles with videos and photos from the damage that this GvGcult did to Server's communities waiting because i think and i hope there is a window for correction of the guild alliances to not be destructive as they are coming for Servers.

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hey, now. Don't go tagging me to justify both of you having a bad idea. Your WvW idea is just as bad as Venport's Vault idea.

Using the name "World Vs. World" as a counterpoint to say the alliance system is bad is just plain silly and make little to no sense.
I know, I know "power in a name, blah blah" but a name can be changed if we're really going to get hung up on that. Call it "Mist War (oh, wait...), or RvBvG, or Alliance Vs. Alliance (AvA) The name of game mode redundant. Further, Just because your side is based on the guild you choose, doesn't suddenly make it Guild Vs. Guild.
Which, let's be honest, if we care about the name, is having a game mode called Guild Vs. Guild really a problem in the game literally called Guild Wars 2? I think not.

Moving on.

Your main idea, both here and on your blog is... making WvW alliance-based on the borderlands maps and server-based on the Eternal Battleground? Do you honestly expect this to work? I can tell you right now; it won't. It will further split the WvW player base by making them choose between server matchup and alliance matchup whenever they go into the respective maps. Further, it also reduces the tactical element of pushing a borderland to get the main tag(s) off of EBG, or vice versa.

Next.

As per your blog...

Home Servers were always the Maps for organized groups Zerg Fights (WvW guilds)

What has you so sure of this? While this may be your experience, it is not a global experience. My friends and guildies have told me that they've engaged in fierce GvG and ZergvZerg matchups on both the borderlands and EBG. People that are not in a WvW guild do not just hang on one sole map for the entire week.

Quoting your blog again.

-and many of them are hating to play in Home Maps as outnumbered because of the stress they feel when they are losing Home's Garrison or any other object.this is not happening on EBG because there is always people there to fight and take back objects soon!

People don't leave the maps because "The stress of losing Home's Garrison". They leave because 1. The commander moved to a different map. Or 2. There is nothing for them to do in the current map and so they go find a group to run with. The current state on WvW (due in large part from the introduction of Warclaw) heavily promotes zerging, and thus people are less inclined to go somewhere there isn't a tag. It isn't about the "stress of losing Home Garrison". Home maps also aren't the only maps that get the outnumbered mark. EBG gets it all the time.

Quote again.

More Guild Alliances means more WvW score, means... level up on Guild Rank WvW Page because guilds that belong to more than 1 guild alliances will earn more Guild Rank WvW Score because of their WvW activity.

This paragraph, of which I only took the start of from your blog, is hard to understand. I may be wrong in what you are trying to say but... It sounds like you're concerned about match manipulation and server/guild ranking as a result? A solution other than just saying "Alliance bad, am scared of change" is to implement a better system to prevent that. here's one: When you select an alliance, you cannot change said alliance for 1 month. Still gives the option to change, but not so frequently and thus the option to change later still exists. There are a number of ways to help prevent match manipulation and make a new ranking system for alliances.

try to not make me post more than one article for gw2 and Aurora Glade on tsekouri.tv, because i have in draft more than 20 articles with videos

If you actually want a discussion, don't post on a blog. Instead, post here, on the forums. That is what they are here for. You'll get a lot more engaged discussion than linking to a blog. Nobody likes blogs, nobody reads blogs. Especially blogs that look like they were designed by a narcoleptic Skritt with a penchant for the color red.

Lastly, let's discuss this alleged destruction that alliances will bring... It won't. It just flat out won't. People will still zerg, still complain about some rando pulling tactilevers, still have pugmanders, and still have organized groups. The only thing that will change is that it will be easier for people to play with their friends (oh no, playing with friends in an MMO?! Perish the thought.) People just like to cry that the sky is falling at every little change because of fear, nothing more nothing less.

I have played WvW since 2012. I could have decried the end of WvW as we know it when ANET removed the cost of buying structure upgrades, or made structure upgrades automatic, or added shield generator siege, or made tactilevers/tactics a thing, or introduced the warclaws. Because each one fundamentally changed how WvW was played. Did I though? No, because change isn't what kills a game mode or game. What kills a game/gamemode is a lack of appeal or way to draw in and keep people engaged. Alliances are a step in the right direction meant to fix what is a slowly dwindling WvW playerbase by allowing more people to easily play with their friends. I could make a more compelling argument that the introduction of Warclaw and automated upgrades hurt the state of WvW more than alliances ever could.

Take a deep breath and relax, then look at alliances objectively. Do not get bent out of shape over some small issues that arose in a beta version of am update, an update that is being worked on to fix one of the current issues of WvW.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, spartan.9421 said:

Hey, now. Don't go tagging me to justify both of you having a bad idea. Your WvW idea is just as bad as Venport's Vault idea.

Thank you for starting with that since you proved with the best way that i am not someone here that opens different accounts to change WvWdevs opinion for guild alliances.

Using the name "World Vs. World" as a counterpoint to say the alliance system is bad is just plain silly and make little to no sense.

now, on names. yes World means Server the last ... 10 years.

if devs changed that they should write it somewhere because in the main WvW forums Section (where i posted this thread and instant moved here to this section after 1 minute) you will find many threads about ... Servers in the front page!

(Maguuma for USA, Candara & Baruch Bay for EU ).

What it will happen to these threads after Guild Alliances? They will all lose their meaning to exist! 

So Server Names has a real meaning for WvW and they are not just a counterpoint....

Moving on

i moved and if you check my forum activity my last post was before 20 days and i have to play gw2 more than 1 month...

i just answered when informed that someone says that i am using alts to make a noise.

making WvW alliance-based on the borderlands maps and server-based on the Eternal Battleground? Do you honestly expect this to work?

I can tell you right now; it won't. It will further split the WvW player base by making them choose between server matchup and alliance matchup whenever they go into the respective maps. Further, it also reduces the tactical element of pushing a borderland to get the main tag(s) off of EBG, or vice versa.

yes my opinion is that it will work because this is how /Team chat works .

If you open the chat options to chat in-game and exclude the /Team nothing can breaks you from enjoying the game if you are playing in EBG or Home Borderland or any of the 4 WvW maps. Even you don't exclude the /team chat nothing can breaks your time because you know that the message on it is about somewhere else.  

This is the instance feature that many people ignore and with my proposal the new /Team instance will be replaced with up to 5 /team instances as the number of Guilds => Guild Alliances.

Also about the break subject you say.  Does the participation on guild pve missions/reaids/strikes of people inside the raid breaks the wvw raid?

ofc not, it's different instance and if you want a pvp example and since you are saying you are playing from 2012. answer this Question please.

Does the EotM broke WvW?  No, because it was different instance and not one, MANY EOTM INSTANCES !!!

As per your blog...

Home Servers were always the Maps for organized groups Zerg Fights (WvW guilds)

/Quote

What has you so sure of this? While this may be your experience, it is not a global experience. My friends and guildies have told me that they've engaged in fierce GvG and ZergvZerg matchups on both the borderlands and EBG. People that are not in a WvW guild do not just hang on one sole map for the entire week. 

130+ videos posted on the frontpage from Aurora Glade History (2013=2015) says that.

if you skip the 3 first videos  (the 1st video from vavume and it's not my alt lol) most of the guild WvW videos are from Home Borderlands, ours or enemies'.

Also, they were more videos inside this playlist and more recent but i removed them because i am strong against of the dps meter inside WvW raids and all of the recent videos had this tool. i have write post for this and nothing changes my mind about dps meter usage for raids.

And now the most important answer because i am sure you misunderstood what i meant.

This paragraph, of which I only took the start of from your blog, is hard to understand. I may be wrong in what you are trying to say but... It sounds like you're concerned about match manipulation and server/guild ranking as a result?

No, i am speaking for the Guild Rank that is still missing fron gw2.

i posted about this Guild Rank some posts above and on my site with this text as h4 tag

[

Question: Why a guild should participate to more than one guild alliances?

Answer:  The Guild Rank WvW Page Score that is still missing from Guild Wars 2 Site!

]
and if you want from me to go further this proposal i will ask ALL the players that are in full steam to replace the WvW system from Guild Alliances what will be their END GAME in Guild Alliances?

for me as PUG, ROAMER, HAVOC and PVE Guild the END GAME in WvW is my Server's Score.

YOURS inside Guild Alliances? 

(and i don't mean you personally but everyone that wants guild alliances to replace WvW and i full stop here because this is the critical question that guild alliances should answer before destroy WvW!!!)

p.s. sorry for the long answer but it was long post :p

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Confused 1

Thank you for starting with that since you proved with the best way that i am not someone here that opens different accounts to change WvWdevs opinion for guild alliances.

I did not prove that nor did I make any attempt to prove that. I said both you and Venport have bad ideas.

Moreover, the devs wouldn't listen to such a terrible idea anyway, alt accounts or no.

now, on names. yes World means Server the last ... 10 years.

if devs changed that they should write it somewhere because in the main WvW forums Section (where i posted this thread and instant moved here to this section after 1 minute) you will find many threads about ... Servers in the front page!

Why get hung up on this? It's just a name, it holds no weight. Previous threads do not losing their meaning to exist just because you change the name from WvW to something else (GvG for example). That isn't how the world works. Furthermore, it would be a very simple fix to change the forum topic from "World Vs. World" to "Alliance Vs. Alliance".

Also, no. I did not find hardly any (and rarely find any) topics about people talking about servers on the front page. And the occasional ones I do find are nothing more than just groaning and bemoaning a server matchup.

What it will happen to these threads after Guild Alliances? They will all lose their meaning to exist! 

First: They will not inherently lose their meaning to exist simply because the name changes if the thread still offers constructive criticism. The few threads that might lose their place are the ones that should not exist in the first place; threads that do nothing but complain about a particular server. These threads don't typically have any feedback for the devs or other players, thus are meaningless.

The term "World Vs. World" isn't going to fade into obscurity just because of the introduction of alliances. If anything, everyone will still call it WvW. This is an non-issue.

Second: If a thread is solely created to complain about a server, what is the downside to those losing meaning? I can't think of any justifiable reason. Threads that are solely about complaining, regardless of whether or not it is about WvW, GvG, PvP, or anything, should not exist. The mere act of simply complaining and groaning helps no one.

While, yes, threads that are solely about a server may lose meaning, who cares? Does it ultimately matter that one (at the time I am writing this) thread about a server (of which was just complaining) now has no server to complain about? Is it truly a bad thing that the occasional post complaining about a server now no longer has to complain about that server? The answer is; no.

The very few posts in regards to servers are almost all (that I have seen) posts complaining about their server or another server, with no actual feedback or ideas for the devs or players.

Step back, relax, and look at this objectively. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

And if you or anyone else enjoys the spew of groaning and bemoaning so much, people can start complaining about their alliance color/name instead of their server. Fundamentally nothing changes from this.

So Server Names has a real meaning for WvW and they are not just a counterpoint....

It is a counterpoint. You're bringing up the name as a reason as to why you dislike alliances and don't think it will work. That's a counterpoint.

i moved and if you check my forum activity my last post was before 20 days and i have to play gw2 more than 1 month...

i just answered when informed that someone says that i am using alts to make a noise

The "Moving on" was not towards you. That is a me thing with the way I type.

If you open the chat options to chat in-game and exclude the /Team nothing can breaks you from enjoying the game if you are playing in EBG or Home Borderland or any of the 4 WvW maps. Even you don't exclude the /team chat nothing can breaks your time because you know that the message on it is about somewhere else.  

This is the instance feature that many people ignore and with my proposal the new /Team instance will be replaced with up to 5 /team instances as the number of Guilds => Guild Alliances.

Also about the break subject you say.  Does the participation on guild pve missions/reaids/strikes of people inside the raid breaks the wvw raid?

ofc not, it's different instance and if you want a pvp example and since you are saying you are playing from 2012. answer this Question please.

Does the EotM broke WvW?  No, because it was different instance and not one, MANY EOTM INSTANCES !!!

This is hard to read and is all over the place, so let's take this step by step.

Team chat works by allowing you to communicate with your entire team across all four WvW maps, because you are on the same side. Your idea, as I understand it based on your explanation, of keeping only alliances on borderland maps and only servers on EBG would ruin this. People couldn't, in good faith, communicate with their entire team, as their team would now be split between server (EBG) and alliance (3 Borderlands) as per your idea.

I'm not even entirely sure what you are trying to say here. Please clarify.

Not sure I follow. WvW doesn't have raids. What... What are you trying to say here? I won't make assumptions and will instead ask you to clarify what you mean here.

Can't even answer... whatever your question is, as I do not understand what you are trying to say. I think we may have a bit of a language barrier here.

if you skip the 3 first videos  (the 1st video from vavume and it's not my alt lol) most of the guild WvW videos are from Home Borderlands, ours or enemies'.

Enemies in the borderland maps?! Oh no, it's almost as if they are playing the gamemode as it was intended! Going to the various maps to take objectives!

This... What is your point? People form guilds and play content. People sharing a guild tag does not mean they focus solely on the borderlands. WvW players jump around all four maps to take objectives and fight.

No, i am speaking for the Guild Rank that is still missing fron gw2.

So? Not everything needs to be ranked.

and if you want from me to go further this proposal i will ask ALL the players that are in full steam to replace the WvW system from Guild Alliances what will be their END GAME in Guild Alliances?

Exactly the same as it is now, except with a more stable and fair population. It's a server, bud, not a country. Your national pride is not on the line here. The "end game" content of WvW will still be the same old Zerg vs Zerg. What are you afraid of, seeing some new faces and new names?

You can still hang out with your typical server people. Form a guild with them so you can be in the same alliance.

for me as PUG, ROAMER, HAVOC and PVE Guild the END GAME in WvW is my Server's Score.

Cool! Well, going forward, it will be your alliance score! Which changes nothing but the name of it. Your day-to-day experience will not change beyond seeing some new people.

and i don't mean you personally but everyone that wants guild alliances to replace WvW and i full stop here because this is the critical question that guild alliances should answer before destroy WvW!!!)

Sure, yeah. I get that. It's good to have clarification on things before change is made.

For me, I just don't care what it is called. It's a game, not a country. I am not a loyal soldier defending my country from marauders, I am someone trying to enjoy their free time by running in a blob farming Gifts of Battle.

It's why I do not think the introduction of alliances will ruin anything meaningful.

One of the main drawbacks of WvW, as it stands, is that it can be very difficult to play with friends who are on different servers than you, which is not a good thing in a social game. Alliances are, as stated prior, meant to fix that.

p.s. sorry for the long answer but it was long post 😛

Oh no, how dare you!

It's fine. Just keep it civil and keep an open mind. These forums are meant for discussion, not to complain and echo chamber.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:47 AM, spartan.9421 said:

I know, I know "power in a name, blah blah" but a name can be changed if we're really going to get hung up on that. Call it "Mist War (oh, wait...), or RvBvG, or Alliance Vs. Alliance (AvA) The name of game mode redundant. Further, Just because your side is based on the guild you choose, doesn't suddenly make it Guild Vs. Guild.
Which, let's be honest, if we care about the name, is having a game mode called Guild Vs. Guild really a problem in the game literally called Guild Wars 2? I think not.

It's definitely not a problem of names you want to use. We probably need to try to communicate better with each other. Mind you, WWW is in any case fun, as shown by the fact that we have always been playing it for many years even with all the problems we all know. When you are in an unbalanced game it is more complicated, if you are lucky enough to be in a game with numerically similar servers it is more fun, even if the competition is compromised and winning has no meaning.

So Anet chooses to improve the gaming experience in this mode, making sure to have very similar servers. This is great and the system that ANET has thought up is intelligent and definitely achieves its goal. As a result, players will have more fun, but winning a game will still have no meaning.

Also to get to this result, we must consider all players (including me) who access this mode and identify themselves in their server and are motivated to create content just to contribute to their server. How many are there? I don't know. Will they stop playing or play much less? I don't know.

That's why I keep writing that maybe it is better to have the new alliances and with little more work, make them work with a system still based on servers, through a ranking to climb and an official tournament that all teams can win. So as to finally achieve that winning a game in WWW has a purpose.

We give the new servers more time, in order to build a seasonal tournament based on these servers. We will have more fun for the players because the teams are very similar. We will have more motivated players because I want to win a tournament. And we avoid the risk of losing other players who like to identify themselves on their server.

If Anet wants to consider this, he has the chance to achieve his goal, leaving no one behind.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:55 PM, spartan.9421 said:

My Quote

Also about the break subject you say.  Does the participation on guild pve missions/reaids/strikes of people inside the raid breaks the wvw raid?
    ofc not, it's different instance and if you want a pvp example and since you are saying you are playing from 2012. answer this
Question please.

/End My Quote

Not sure I follow. WvW doesn't have raids. What... What are you trying to say here? I won't make assumptions and will instead ask you to clarify what you mean here.

yes you can't understand it because you excluded from the quote the best example, EOTM but i will re-try to make it clear, since it was my quote that brought you on this thread.

when i returned to gw2 before 1 1/2 year, i realized from my firendly list that the only guilds that had remained active in game was the wvw guilds that had more than one teams inside them except one (better no name them). 

and when i am saying teams i don't mean wvw teams. teams with different type of players inside them even the guild leader was a dedicated wvw player. teams that are playing different game modes in gw2.  The official name of them is PvX guilds and is the majority of the wvw guilds in gw2.  a statistic proof here. it's not absolute but it's not lie : https://gw2.guildex.org/guilds?p=1&sort=members&order=desc 

in the other hand all the friendly pve based guilds from my server had all ... gone (i repeat the friendly to my guild and i had them in my friendly list and since megaserver there is not somewhere to list them, i don't know what AG pve guilds are still active) even the expansions after 2015 were all about ... PVE (LOL? lol).

Unlike the PvE guilds, most of the big PvX guilds focused on WvW and the WvW raids but the personal choise of guild members never broke wvw activities (only arenanet has different opinion and forces players playing fractals and wvw to craft their legendary and this is the downfall of gw2 and since you asked from me to remain civil i will not say more for this subject now but this is the reason and most of guilds are PvX).

So in a PvX guild if a wvw leader wants a dedicated wvw team should create it and he should never push its pve / fractals / casual players to have daily presentation inside wvw raids because they will prefer to leave the guild or the game than playing every time a game mode that don't want or like. 

exactly the same happens to PUG SERVER RAIDS (Server is the connection link here, not the guild or the guild leader ;)) .

PUG commanders in WvW can't stop players from leaving his raid if they joined it for only one goal like the ... daily achievement but if he is a smart COM and peak good strategies inside his raid he keeps the raid players satisfied and maybe they are all staying more.  the bad COM loose its players even they didn't finish their wvw dailies 😉 

So, for a WvW Raid (any RAID) to remain RAID only  Leaders/COM's strategies and tactics matters and nothing else can break the Succefully raid if some players leaving it or not joining it to continue their pve activities/ dailies / logoff or what will happen to one of the 5 THEIR GUILD ALLIANCE INSTANCES i propose like nobody cared inside WvW what was going on to EotM when EoTM was full of players from the WvW GUILDS and with many different instances!!! (this is exactly what i meant).

AS for the gvg raids i don't care to say anything about them. they are belonging to a cult (THE 12 PVP GUILDS HERE WHILE PVX ARE 144 :p : https://gw2.guildex.org/guilds?p=1&sort=members&order=desc  ) and this cult, removed the functinality from the EoTM, kept EoTM open to make their gvgs (justin tv gvgs proves my words), it wants to destroy WvW from 2018 when it was the first announcement for guild alliances 

p.s.  Excuse moi if i don't answer the rest quotes but i don't have plenty time to use gQQgle translator but for the last i wll say only this. 

i didn't say that i hate guild alliances, i said that the its implementation is disaster and catastrophic for wvw and this is why i promoted a system that EXPANDS SERVER SYSTEM that it will have Guild Alliances inside it and it will solve WVW PROBLEMS from the past same time!

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1