EoD Masteries - Should they be overhauled?

EoD Masteries - Should they be overhauled?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Is this where ANet should spend resources?

• EoD masteries are good enough
    • EoD masteries aren't good enough, but ANet should spend resources elsewhere
    • EoD masteries should be a key thing to improve

6 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

It's been a long time now and I am trying to recall.  But I don't remember any puzzle or anything gated behind a mastery this time around?  At least as far as story goes?

There are a few POIs in the forest that you can only get to via jade scrap teleporters. Most (if not all) of them ar einside Kurzick Cathedrals. In one or two of them also is a Mastery Point.

So, while it's nothing too major, there is stuff gated behind the jade battery charges Mastery.

The only EoD mastery I find fun is the glider boost. I just wish the cooldown was shorter. Glider is just so much more fun than flying mounts that I wish I could use it instead of them effectively.

Overall though I don't think EoD masteries are particularly bad compared to other expansions. The other jade bot things like the zipline thing aren't any worse than the HoT mushrooms. For someone who didn't upgrade Eye of the North or doesn't have a Mistlock Sanctuary pass (or the likes) might find the Arborstone thing very useful. Less so nowadays when you can get the key for old Lion's Arch, but you know, older content being replaced by new content isn't surprising. Turtle and skiffs aren't any worse than springer. As for fishing... Not a fan, but I know others are, so I guess it's still good overall.

So yeah, EoD masteries are mostly not very exciting except for a few gems, but most of the masteries from other expansions aren't either. So I don't think there is any need to change EoD masteries unless the others are overhauled too.

• Confused 1

Rescue Protocol (self-rez) could alter your downstate skills and allow you to move and fight  for your life (temponary transform you into the Shadow-form tonic you can get from the Strikes) .

Temponary Sensor (check hidden treasures)+ Turtle can anticipate to which player will be targeted next by the system (roll the dice and target him 2 sec before) and block the projectile that will place the aoe on that player feet (or can see future cc-tornatos deployment)  .

Turtles  counts  'battle-mount" where it can be equipped mid-combat for 10 sec (depleting hp + self poison 100% reduction) . Or combining turtles can create a a huge turtle that will devour players +the boss and inside theres a new platform/map/castle/cathedral , hidden within the walls there are single-hit-big-spears/swords/katanas to be used  by each player .Edit: Or acrobatic attacks with said weapons (use ranged vines) => slash downwards

Skiff , hm .While on land in transform into a Battle-Mount-Motocycle (chopper that have hold 3 players and each passenger are transformed into missiles (start 1000 yard upwards and start falling) and half way , shoot and spread mini missiles ?) + other various weapons (change of pace), or naval combat/transform into landrover  and shoot player with their mounts + while they on mid air they do an attack + pulled back(rope) after 5 sec regardless of the outcome =>retry . Easy to loot Wood/fish with the Mount air-attack and spread with allies and then move to the next resource)

Edited by Ryuk.6840