Trying to make Bladesworn design better

Zekent.3652

Before i start, this suggest is based in the absurd selfsustain being nerfed.

So, i saw this video:

And i got the idea: "What if Flicker Step gives you 1s stealth?" Or enemy target removal, like the mesmer does, and also less CD, 60s is way too much.

The Gunsaber suggest:

Gunsaber 1: It's okay, probably slightly faster autos, since it's a unique weapon.

Gunsaber 2: give it 3 ammo, short CD, but each ammo is a short leap, starts with a dash (this dash is a dodge, and just this first dash) and the last 2 are leaps without aftercast, adapted to the distance (like gunsaber 5). Yes, this suggest is based on Riven from that moba.

Gunsaber 3: make it a cone skillshot explosion, without projectiles, could be great for WvW and any kind of content in general (i know you guys, gamedevs, wanted this skill to make sense for the RP of the gun projectile, but honestly, it can be better)

Gunsaber 4: this skill is screamming "make me a better defensive skill"

Gunsaber 5: give it a dodge, with a landing 1s daze.

Utility:

Tactical Reload: adjustment; only reduces bladesworn skills CD, and weapons ammo. This seems like a good nerf without nerfing the undertuned aspect of the warrior, core. The spec is the problem, not the entire class.

Trait:

Guns n' Glory: a trait that gives ferocity but not crit chance, is a mistake, at least give it precission or fury generation.

"But thats a lot of dodges on gunsaber" yeah, and bladesworn does nothing if you nerf their busted sustain, and theres another weapon that has some good dodges too, ranger's GS, it's a far better designed weapon and it's pretty old, its from 2012 as far as i know, the gunsaber is from 10 years later and it's worse in design.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

One cool suggestion I had was to turn the dodge into flickerstep, where it ports in the direction you are pressing your movement keys, and have Dragon Slash be available after the port for a set damage value, no charging required something like a 5 bullet charge does now. Give it 3 dodges. Gunsaber remains on F1, and skills 2-5 count as T1 Bursts each.

This creates the counter Iajutsu theme that they were going for, removes a lot of the clunky gameplay, and streamlines everthing. I think the 3 GM traits would change Dragon Slash to be Reach, Force, or Boost going from top to bottom. Dragon Scale Defense would activate on flickerstep but with the same CD. Daring Dragon would reset the CD on it still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Sekiro it was a game that I completed 100%, and that "ability" works when getting hit, the idea is not bad that grants stealth by 0.1s XD, could also be reset every time you enter "Dragon Trigger" with only one use and that's it, its range is extremely low, although it should cost flow or something goes...

What if anet could do to improve it to 1000% is that you can sheath the pistol saber and that counts as a normal weapon change, choosing which one to replace, if you have a thousand and one errors in many parts, but those parts of the design seem fatal to me and even disrespectful, leaving the dual pistols aside.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Utility:

Tactical Reload: adjustment; only reduces bladesworn skills CD, and weapons ammo. This seems like a good nerf without nerfing the undertuned aspect of the warrior, core. The spec is the problem, not the entire class.

Really happened, but PROBABLY needs a compensation, maybe good ideas that could come from this post, like Flicker Step having 1s stealth, but first, let's see how it works with defense.

bugs fix alone would make bladesworn unviable

tactical reload change basically killed the spec

along with the viability of tactical reload

now rampage is just way better

also as long as tactical reload exist, they will have hard time buffing bladesworn skills

now only core skills are free from it.

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Blooming fire needs to be an evade on land like the water version.

And 240 range like maul, i think that would add a bit more hit reliability to the skill like maul has. I don’t think you even need an animation change, I’m pretty sure the animation almost covers 240? Could be wrong about that though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1