Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows still Bugged at 29/30 [Merged]

I've reported it in-game and via customer support a number of times. Didn't get an update on progress. Probably incredibly hard to reproduce, I don't know if it bugged the same way for everyone affected. And if there are only handful of affected players, investing time to fix it is not a priority. Probably should start spamming bug reports about it more often...

• 4 weeks later...

Same here. Complete 30 fishing collections. But objectives: 29/30.

I've reported it in-game > Support > Bug report > User interface > Hero panel. 2 times

No answer...

And despite the fact that I can see that achievement's title on some players.

1 hour ago, Gradd.1309 said:

Same here. Complete 30 fishing collections. But objectives: 29/30.

I've reported it in-game > Support > Bug report > User interface > Hero panel. 2 times

No answer...

And despite the fact that I can see that achievement's title on some players.

As indicated on the in-game Bug Report window, no response will be garnered.  For an individualized response, contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below (unless Steam account, then send email to 'support@arena.net'). 

On 10/9/2022 at 3:44 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

As indicated on the in-game Bug Report window, no response will be garnered.  For an individualized response, contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below (unless Steam account, then send email to 'support@arena.net'). 

Thanks... I was trying it and this is the answer.....

"Hello there!

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Customer Support Team.

Unfortunately, we Game Masters do not have the ability to progress Achievements. We ask that, when possible, you reattempt the avid fisher achievements as it appears those are the ones your account is not logging. If after attempting the Achievement again and you still do not receive credit, we then ask that you submit an in-game bug report.

If you happen to have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. We are always here to help our valued players, such as yourself, with whatever issues or problems you may face.

Regards,

GM Sparkle Heart
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

But I have to say they answer rly fast.. Now I have to do all Avid Fisher Collections again ... 🤪

Edited by Gradd.1309

• 4 weeks later...

As per title, the achievement Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows has beed bugged for number of people since forever, completely blocking the completion of the achievement.

The counter is stuck at 29/30 and afflicted players are denied of the title and the one earnable fishing rod skin in the game. This issue has been reported by few players here on the forums in the last 7 months at least, and their pleas have fallen to deaf ears. I personally have reported this bug through support ticket with pictures and  in-game bug reporting.

As the achievement is pretty heavy time investment and has been bugged for a long time it would be nice to see an  acknowledgement from Anet that this issue is being worked on even if the fix is complicated and/or low priority. The bug is rare, but will still probably affect players trying to complete the collections in the future, so the number will grow up. I just hope there will be a fix before first anniversary of the bug.

I couldn't find a way to post pictures here  but I posted them in my original support ticket in april @Double Tap

But shortly, every single individual fishing collection reports as complete, some I have repeated more times in hopes of solving this. The checkmarks are all there in the Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows. The counter mismatched with the actual number of completed collections at somepoint, I noticed it only at around 22 of 30 collections in. So 29/30 on the counter with all green checkmarks.

Also sorry for late reply, been out of town.

• Like 1

Ele Lady, I am not attempting to remove the topic of conversation from your thread. However since you seem to be actively doing fishing I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. For over a month I have been trying to complete my CSAMM as well. However the Tarnished Bronze Astrolabe does not seem to drop. I have asked others in my guild on repeat if they have had one drop for them lately. No one has had it drop for them either. Have you happened to seen a astrolabe drop for you?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

just finished the collection, it's november 2022. been working on this achievement since the EoD expansion. only to discover today after catching my last fish that this title is bugged. stuck on 29/30.

all 30 collections have the green checkmark. 

disappointed is an understatement. i've just wasted months of my time FISHING of all things. holy kitten

I submitted a bug report but based on the Support Team response above, I have little faith it will do anything at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 11:31 AM, Gradd.1309 said:

But I have to say they answer rly fast.. Now I have to do all Avid Fisher Collections again ... 🤪

When I encountered the bug in march/april I tried to do some of the avids again to no avail. Maybe I didn't hit the right one as I don't know at which one of them it bugged. But I'd be curious to hear if anyone got this bug fixed by doing avid collections for the second time. I have lacked the motivation to all of them again...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

probably never gonna get a fix at this point. I've tried completing the avid achievements again. definitely pains me to have put in such a time investment only to never get the reward. every once in a while I'll randomly fish in hopes that it will trigger completion but no such luck. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1