Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Goodbyeee brothers and sisteeers. Time to Mech pewpew


keykey.9182

Recommended Posts

For years i've been playing piano like all of us here in this tiny ele section, trying the best to become the next Beethoven with no avail, but a constant reminder of how broken and unfair the balance is in GW2.

For years I endured the torment of seeing other classes get the love they needed in hope that someday , It will be our turn....that one day we will be remembered!

But the truth has hit me hard in the face , that will never happen, and while I accept it, I dont like it.

 

Because you see my friend , we eles are like pebbles , we are thrown into a river only for the water to course around us and flow as if we were never there.

But not anymore..... im now playing PEWPEWPEW golem PEW. I am a big rock now that destroys the river and the mountain.

 

And the best thing or worse..... is that balance will never happen. Take my torch brothers I am done waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy pewing. Please be gentle with the ellies you may encounter in PvP. They have low HP.

 

Please note: No hard feelings here, but if your golem ever pews at my Elly, be prepared for it to be subject to burning, electrical overload, short-circuiting with water or get an encounter with magical ... pebbles. So keep your new mechanical friend in check.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want to play Mechanist but don't want to play Mechanist, you could always go for the Fire Tempest.  The secret is to use glyph of lesser elementals when off cooldown... no matter what.  Just put that thing on auto-cast.  When you engage an enemy, they'll be beset by 3 to 4 lesser elementals and one greater elemental, giving them a crapton of burn stacks instantly.  You can auto attack with this one if you want, but know that a lot of the damage comes from the utilities.  Most things are dead before you finish using Fire Overload.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

If you want to play Mechanist but don't want to play Mechanist, you could always go for the Fire Tempest.  The secret is to use glyph of lesser elementals when off cooldown... no matter what.  Just put that thing on auto-cast.  When you engage an enemy, they'll be beset by 3 to 4 lesser elementals and one greater elemental, giving them a crapton of burn stacks instantly.  You can auto attack with this one if you want, but know that a lot of the damage comes from the utilities.  Most things are dead before you finish using Fire Overload.  

 

Sounds like a fun and easy build. Is it suitable for raids? I'm still looking for an easy tempest build there that does not have:

*Weapon skills that move the player around
*Conjured weapons

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

 

Sounds like a fun and easy build. Is it suitable for raids? I'm still looking for an easy tempest build there that does not have:

*Weapon skills that move the player around
*Conjured weapons

It definitely is.  Though you'll want to run the focus version with Unstable Conduit.  It's a bit more active, but it can push through 30k+ DPS.

A bit of a side note, but I haven't checked if the Griever version does more or less damage than the Viper version.  I'll get on that later.

 

EDIT: Hello everyone.  Later me here.  At great expense I tested it and full vipers does more damage than full griever on fire tempest.  Also something to consider: arcane is slightly higher DPS than earth

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It definitely is.  Though you'll want to run the focus version with Unstable Conduit.  It's a bit more active, but it can push through 30k+ DPS.

A bit of a side note, but I haven't checked if the Griever version does more or less damage than the Viper version.  I'll get on that later.

 

EDIT: Hello everyone.  Later me here.  At great expense I tested it and full vipers does more damage than full griever on fire tempest.  Also something to consider: arcane is slightly higher DPS than earth

 

What does that look like in the gw2skills.net?

 

Metabattle got a Tempest Condi DPS build but it uses dagger main which is a no-no for me as it comes with weapon skills that move my char.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Condi_DPS

 

I can ofc switch out the dagger for a scepter but I don't know if that is still good enough for raiding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

 

What does that look like in the gw2skills.net?

 

Metabattle got a Tempest Condi DPS build but it uses dagger main which is a no-no for me as it comes with weapon skills that move my char.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Condi_DPS

 

I can ofc switch out the dagger for a scepter but I don't know if that is still good enough for raiding.

It looks a bit like this.  This is the build in action while raiding: 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mortime.1359 said:

Idk, catalyst is also pretty spammy. But then again most people probably forgot that we even got an elite spec in EoD.

 

What do you mean? How could people possibly forget that EoD introduced a meta-defining ele elite spec?

 

huh.. what was it called again

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It looks a bit like this.  This is the build in action while raiding: 

 

 

Whoa, awesome. Looks like a lifesaver as I don't get more than 23k DPS on kitty golem with what I run now. Certainly something I can try as it does not zap my char around with weapon skills that move my char and does not require a complicated rotation that makes confusion out of me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

 

Whoa, awesome. Looks like a lifesaver as I don't get more than 23k DPS on kitty golem with what I run now. Certainly something I can try as it does not zap my char around with weapon skills that move my char and does not require a complicated rotation that makes confusion out of me.

Personally I just use power weaver (fresh air).  It may not look it, but that basic sword rotation does around 27k DPS without using any of the utility skills, without food and utility buffs.  The rotation is simple in concept:  Use 3, then go left to right with sword skills.  There's very little forced movement, as all of the attacks that do leap right at the boss and go no further.  The fresh air movement took some practice, but it is all rote to me now..  I know to "max out" the DPS you need to use Conjure Fiery Greatsword, but personally I just skip it.  Mostly because my fumble fingers makes it so my DPS doesn't increase while using it.  Besides, Tornado is really good for all the breakbar heavy mechanics in the new strikes.  

Griever Weaver is more utility dependent, doing around 25k with it's harder weapon rotation, and 23k if you go with the dagger instead of the focus.  Much more of the damage comes from using Fire Signet, Primordial Stance, and Glyph of Storms.  Greivers is one of those builds where it takes more than twice the effort for a 10% damage boost and far less flexibility.  It does, however, have the advantage of doing condition damage, which makes it far stronger against high toughness targets.

After extensive testing, I've come to several conclusions.  

  1. I am still terrible at this game.  Though I didn't use food or utilities, my best efforts toward doing either rotation capped at around 30k DPS (both power and griever).  My best estimates puts Griever at around 36k DPS maximum in the hands of a more competent player
  2. Sword definitely needs more buffs, both in terms of power damage and in terms of condition damage.  If the stat set specially designed for Weaver (which is Griever) is functionally inferior to both catalyst and tempest in nearly all regards, then this means that Weaver is incompetently balanced.  Pure power Sword Weaver needs at least a 10% buff while Sword Griever Weaver needs a 15% buff in damage to make things much more fair.
  3. It is so disheartening to know that my full, complication rotation is completely inferior to a rifle camping mechanist.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

33K is the realistic fire camping condi tempest with scepter

See also

 

Playing very similarish builds for many years now, but the song was new to me. Like it, thanks 🙂
If you dont care about max dps potential you can change to 27k hp and be last man standing on pretty much any boss while only loosing about 15% dps, which still is easily enough for any non-cm pug raid, strike or fractal. If you wanna get super selfish, arcane shield is a very solid life safer. And for some dps less the auto stunbreak from tempest adept line is really solid on things like Sloth pugging or open world. Can also now also build in some aegis or stab with the shouts if needed.

Edited by Zunki.3916
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2022 at 1:28 AM, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Imo only weavers are "piano." 

Sword Power Weaver rotation is easier than it looks and is very rhythmic.

I'll give you Condi Weaver

Catalyst is also very rhythmic. I imagine most people fail by not waiting for Air 5 to come of CD and to be at full energy before repeating the cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 6:54 AM, keykey.9182 said:

For years i've been playing piano like all of us here in this tiny ele section, trying the best to become the next Beethoven with no avail, but a constant reminder of how broken and unfair the balance is in GW2.

For years I endured the torment of seeing other classes get the love they needed in hope that someday , It will be our turn....that one day we will be remembered!

But the truth has hit me hard in the face , that will never happen, and while I accept it, I dont like it.

 

Because you see my friend , we eles are like pebbles , we are thrown into a river only for the water to course around us and flow as if we were never there.

But not anymore..... im now playing PEWPEWPEW golem PEW. I am a big rock now that destroys the river and the mountain.

 

And the best thing or worse..... is that balance will never happen. Take my torch brothers I am done waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

you left at a good time!

 

Anet: OH LOOK AT THE TIME *NERFS ELEMENTALIST*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've tried mechanist, can't get into it. I've had more fun with virtuoso as simplicity goes, it's my go to if I want to make sure I'm doing solid DPS. But then it's back to ele for the hyperfocus intensity. I want to learn the more complex weaver rotations, but it's so much raw memorization lol. Makes me feel like I'm back in school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...