Mesmer Zerg WVW

Snorkar.9048

29 minutes ago, Avion Blade.4869 said:

I do mean Dom Mid-High-High; the clone spawns after gs 2 or gs4 from the phantasms, and then shattering helps with dps as a follow up. There aremoments when their boons are down and thats when you pop them.

So empowered illusions is a pretty terrible trait. It’s a 15% damage increase to illusions, so a 15% damage increase to your phantasms. The only phantasm this would apply on your build is your illusionary berserker from your greatsword because your sword 5 phantasm is the worst phantasm in the game, it is essentially useless. 

You would be much better off using bountiful blades because you get an extra berserker on illusionary berserker which is more than a 15% damage increase and gives you an extra clone to shatter. You also get the additional mirror blade bounces. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 7:44 PM, Alpha.1308 said:

HavInG plaYED mEsMeR SiNCE PRe LAunCH

because i have, too 

i mained mesmer back in GW1 and into pre launch GW2

and apparently i guess that gives me some sort of important status, according to a comment which apparently says my build isn't worth it because 1 dodge is apparently not enough 

i hate the meta chronotank, it makes no sense to me

wasted stats (minstrels on something with no healing), wasted potential due to poor functionality on wells (wells do nothing until 3 seconds??? who stands in those in pvp, grav well/continuum split being the only useful tools you even get from chrono) and it does nothing but top strip chart, which, i mean, just bring a scourge??? not to mention, i couldn't care less if my target doesn't have vigor/regen/protection if they still walking around, regardless, they can get hit by 50 people each dealing 1k on an auto attack and they'll be dying regardless of their protection and regen 

i just run around with power mirage GS with signets

top dps chart instead of strip chart, but still bring null field so you can contribute to zoning a group when it needs to get hot to focus on ripping stabs for a bomb location, provides decent localized spike damage along with unstoppable beam funneling for sustained damage

it's the only way i've found to play mesmer and not hate my life while doing it in wvw if i ever even decide to turn the game on anymore at this point, because at this point it's just absolutely beyond depressing watching Virtuoso being created and still existing in its current form 

To each of their own but you are definitely exaggerating.

Chrono wells give alacrity and pulse effects. If you can't line up the 3s payoff for Senility then mimic Null Field. Eternity will make use of all that wasted healing power.

The reason people don't just bring scourges/other mesmer subclasses over chrono is their improved alacrity/CS on CC and essential skills. Temporal curtain, illusion of life, etc. It's not all gravity spam and boon rip. You are deciding which person out of both groups is going to get auto attacked by 50 people. 

Now you can play whatever you want. I frequently build swap depending on whether I am zerging, roaming or dueling. But Chrono is meta for a reason

Edit: lmao on my phone. Didn't realise this was one month later. I'll let illusion of life expire on this thread. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Confused 1