Been thinking about PvP

SirRocket.3516

What if:

-Ranked PvP had mandatory 5 party match-making, meaning you have to be in a party of 5 to que for ranked.

To soften the blow for solo players and people who play in smaller groups, I'd have it so unranked would still give access to rewards that can obtain legendary, but at a far slower rate, similar if not longer than WvW's method. Of course Ranked would offer a much faster path, with better rewards, maybe even exclusive reward tracks.

Ranked should be treated like strikes and raids in the sense you wanna party up with people to play. Playing with a regular group and getting better. Would be nice to see some love to PvP in general, it's an awesome mode all in all. Maybe a rework of stronghold mode for a more casual experience, could make it 10v10 like conquest. Could ease people into smaller PvP encounters, being a bridge from WvW. 

Interested on what people think about the state of PvP and where it could be improved.
Leave a comment, be kind, respect what people have to say, we all have an opinion, just have some fun with it. Peace all👊

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

What PvP really needs right now is more players, until then even a perfect balance isn't going to improve the behavior.

Although to attract more players it would be wise to actually take feedback and keep the game fun for everyone rather than let the game rot with the same boring overperforming things for months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would Like to have teamq but dedicated will end Up in half hour q time and Just kill PvP completly. Either one big 1-5q where solo Players gonna cry that they face fullteam and its Impossible to reach plat. Or they come Up With Something New. 

Not many Like my Idea, i am Not a big friend either of it, but i don't See how  else the Population gonna increase

4 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

What PvP really needs right now is more players, until then even a perfect balance isn't going to improve the behavior.

Although to attract more players it would be wise to actually take feedback and keep the game fun for everyone rather than let the game rot with the same boring overperforming things for months.

pvp died within gw1 Ç_Ç

If they want to attract more players the current pvp modes wont serve IMO, i would even say its why pvp in gw2 is known to be weird, then add the even more weird class balance and design and people get easilly fed up over some time.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

8 hours ago, SirRocket.3516 said:

What if:

-Ranked PvP had mandatory 5 party match-making, meaning you have to be in a party of 5 to que for ranked.

To soften the blow for solo players and people who play in smaller groups, I'd have it so unranked would still give access to rewards that can obtain legendary, but at a far slower rate, similar if not longer than WvW's method. Of course Ranked would offer a much faster path, with better rewards, maybe even exclusive reward tracks.

Ranked should be treated like strikes and raids in the sense you wanna party up with people to play. Playing with a regular group and getting better. Would be nice to see some love to PvP in general, it's an awesome mode all in all. Maybe a rework of stronghold mode for a more casual experience, could make it 10v10 like conquest. Could ease people into smaller PvP encounters, being a bridge from WvW. 

Interested on what people think about the state of PvP and where it could be improved.
Leave a comment, be kind, respect what people have to say, we all have an opinion, just have some fun with it. Peace all👊

> join the game
> can't play ranked because no friends
> build up friends for 3 months until you have a reliable team with sort-of the same experience
> enter ranked for the first time
> another 3 months queue because the population is low and needs to find another 5 man match
> queue pop
> it's rank 55 dragons
> 15 minutes of pure total slaughter, you somehow manage to get some points before match end 649-4 (they killed the lord at the last possible second for maximum humiliation)
> you're carred but you're ready to try again
> you queue again
> your friend crashes

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Getting 5 specific people to be online at the same time isn't trivial, especially if your group of contacts is more casual. You probably won't have everyone online together each day, and even on those days probably only for a 1-2 hour window.

That means that outside of prime-time, PvP would be even more dead than it already is. Only way to queue outside of primetime would be to LFG with any random group, which is effectively the same as current soloQ.

Actually, I changed my mind. It probably would be better overall if people treated ranked like a raid/dungeon where they can somewhat co-ordinate their team, and went to unranked for their solo jollies.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I'd love that, me and my friends would be able to play in our mains and alts at the same time, q up with identical comps offhours to play against a team fully afk and none of those 10 accounts would ever get a report

it's simply perfect

Weren't people doing that when stronghold was still in the ranked rotation.

I agree, rewards should be in Unranked too. That cape what just come out? Yeah, i've seen like 20 different people who immediately assumed that could only be earned in Ranked, just like pretty much every other PvP-exclusive reward in the past. Once given the option, they gladly swapped over to Unranked because Ranked is trash.

I don't think rehashing old content that got Ranked there in the first place is the key to salvation.

You play pretty much any other competitive game and you have the option to queue solo only against other solos, or in teams only against other teams.

Split queues extend the longevity of such games because it gives two very different ways to play and two different metrics of skill to measure and compete for; those being individual skill, and skill in groups.

1-5 queue is a measure of neither and is innately uncompetitive. That's why its been the formula for the Unranked mode.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:05 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

> join the game
> can't play ranked because no friends
> build up friends for 3 months until you have a reliable team with sort-of the same experience
> enter ranked for the first time
> another 3 months queue because the population is low and needs to find another 5 man match
> queue pop
> it's rank 55 dragons
> 15 minutes of pure total slaughter, you somehow manage to get some points before match end 649-4 (they killed the lord at the last possible second for maximum humiliation)
> you're carred but you're ready to try again
> you queue again
> your friend crashes

Simple solution.. remove rank 55 dragons from ranked 😀 

I don't know why, but something tells me that 6v6 conquest would be way more fun than 5v5 is.  5v5 feels like there's too much dead space/time, forces people to run teleport spam, and let's people play rotation solitaire on points way easier for lack of pressure.

That aside, unranked should really just have equivalent reward rates to ranked.

• Like 1