BIG Thank you to staff in Support/Customer Service

Celthon.6284

May not be 'correct' place to post this -- staff can/will move if necessary.

I'm 63-years old, and have been playing 'video games' longer than most 'gamers' have been alive, and have played many hundreds of games over many years -- that being said:  last night I encountered what I perceived as a bug/glitch and submitted a 'ticket' via the game's in-game menu.  This was at approx. 1AM, a time when most such 'services' are closed or limited until 'business hours'.  I received the first response to my 'ticket' within less than 15-minutes!  👍

Over a period of several hours I was engaged in back-and-forth messages via the support 'ticket' with 2 GM's, and my 'issue' was resolved within less than 8-hours.  Would have been 'finished' much sooner, but I had to sleep, as I'd played for a bit over 12-hours prior to running into my 'issue'.

In all the years of 'gaming' and in all the various games I've been involved in, this was the best 'customer service' experience I've ever had.  And this from the staff of a 'free-to-play' game requiring no subscription/fees, etc.  I've played many games where I paid a lot of money over a long period of time to play (subscriptions) and received customer service nowhere near the level I experienced here.

My Thanks and Salute to GM SWANLING and GM KUMA and to all the Support Staff who deal with us 'players'!!   Thank you for your time and assistance.  💯

Note: please don't derail this by posting your bad experiences/opinions...I just wanted to give thanks for what I experienced. Thanks.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, Celthon.6284 said:

In all the years of 'gaming' and in all the various games I've been involved in, this was the best 'customer service' experience I've ever had.  And this from the staff of a 'free-to-play' game requiring no subscription/fees, etc.  I've played many games where I paid a lot of money over a long period of time to play (subscriptions) and received customer service nowhere near the level I experienced here.

I've played countless MMOs over the years as well and IMO, GW2 has the best customer service I'd ever experienced. Always get very fast replies. Any personal issues, if they're able to, will be resolved very promptly. I've yet to be disappointed. And often any issues that I had was through my very own carelessness, such as deleting an item, crafting the wrong items, etc. Of course they will be unable to resolve anything that requires updates and fixes.

So, I would add my thanks to the response team. 👍

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have only had to contact support a very few times over the last ten years and have received top notch reponse each time. It is worth noting that customer support can only be as good as management empowers them to be and is as bad as management allows. So kudos to the higher ups that allow the support team in the trenches to make things right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely agree.  I don't submit tickets very often, because things usually go very smoothly, so I think it's maybe been two a year at most.  I think they only once have denied my request (and it was fair of them to do so).  All but one ticket have been very swiftly resolved.  The one that wasn't involved a major issue with the TP not loading for me, and took about a week to fix with a ton of emails back and forth.  CS has consistently been friendly, competent, and fast.  To my shame I took it for granted, but once I'd needed to submit tickets in a few other MMOs I swiftly realized how fantastic ANet's CS is.

Thank you, CS!

(PS:  I still to this day giggle about my guildie who developed an issue when he put in a character name change at the exact moment something happened with the servers.  I don't recall if it was one of the rare server crashes/rollbacks or just a hotfix.  He couldn't log back in on the character, and in the course of CS helping him they suddenly begged him not to try logging in that alt until they'd fixed the problem.  Because every time he tried to log in everyone in Lion's Arch crashed out of game.  CS was very kind, and worked very hard to resolve this super fast so he could use his main again).

• Like 1

I guess I'll chime in with my two cents...

I've had nothing but positive experiences and quick resolutions.

A  few issues over the years that were generally resolved in hours to a max of a day and a half.  

One ticket about an accidental purchase on my wrong account was resolved in MINUTES from when I submitted the ticket.  I wonder how much karma left my account to get that fast a resolution?  😉

Even an account highjacking in GW1 was resolved in less than 18 hours.

Kudos to the CS teams!!!

• Like 1

Had to chime in on this. Guild Wars 2's support team is one of the friendliest, most respectful and helpful support teams I've had to interact with. I never in my whole life encountered staff that would take human error into account when taking care of player cases. This is so rare and comforting. You don't feel like you have to bargain for your life when you have to interact with them, which is honestly novel for me, given the past experiences I've had, even in much smaller games.

They're responsive and understanding, and they make it quite clear their goal is not to do as little as possible for you, but instead to make your experience pleasant, without punishing you for no reason, or refusing to help because some article in the Terms of Service arbitrarily said they shouldn't. You feel like you're talking to someone who's able to empathize with your issues, like they've played the game and know how a screw-up can be fairly disheartening, and they don't wish it upon you. It's relaxing, in a way.

So yes: thank you for helping, support team. You're doing great, and I hope you know how unique your approach is, and how deeply it's appreciated. Never had I ever seen a community so casually tell others, even newcomers, to contact support for their grievances — this is a clear sign you've managed to build a relationship of trust with the players, and you can be damned proud of that.

• Like 2