Infusions should also be purchased with currencies instead of only being a rare drop

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It doesn't matter for how much you can buy them from weekly npc, it matters for how much you can reasonably/reliably sell them to other players. Their value isn't 1 gold "because you can buy one for one gold", it isn't 10 green shards "because you can buy one for 10 green shards". Their value is for how much you can sell them on tp, because that's what you're making the choice between: 100 stones or the gold you could simply sell them for instead. The exact same way you did with the infusion. It wasn't worth 0 gold, because you dropped it for free. Was that somehow not clear from the first time I wrote that in my previous post? Which part is still unclear?

And you weren't of that opinion when you were selling it? Why didn't you sell it for 2k?

I don't know why you're bringing up "ugly skin that's worth a lot because it's rare". Are the infusions you want here ugly for you? Then why do you want them? If you think they're ugly, you probably don't want to use them since why would you. If you think they're not ugly then you've just attempt to use a strawman by comparing it to an ugly item you don't want.

Their value is something that will drop in time because they can be purchased for a cheap price and will eventually be worth a price close to the one of the vendor. That's my point.

And no it wasnt worth 0 gold because it was dropped for free just like no other item is worth 0 gols, but it's price was high because it was rare and new and people couldnt get it in a way other than just being lucky.

Also you obviously dont even know much about the game, a guaranteed wardrobe unlock simply unlocks the skin for you, it doesnt allow you to sell it.

And I dont want most of the infusions indees, but still think they should be more available for players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Their value is something that will drop in time because they can be purchased for a cheap price and will eventually be worth a price close to the one of the vendor. That's my point.

They can eventually be whatever they want, that's not a reason to speed it up, which is how you're trying to constantly use it here. That also doesn't change the fact that the actual value of 100 stones isn't what you pay for them to the weekly npc.

And no it wasnt worth 0 gold because it was dropped for free just like no other item is worth 0 gols, but it's price was high because it was rare and new and people couldnt get it in a way other than just being lucky.

I mean... now that's just repeating what I wrote in the post you quoted, but if it's meant to show you agree then ok. 😉 

Also you obviously dont even know much about the game,

I don't know what you're basing that claim on but you're easly wrong about this.

a guaranteed wardrobe unlock simply unlocks the skin for you, it doesnt allow you to sell it.

I also didn't say anything about guaranteed wardrobe unlock, I only talked about the strawman argument about the "skin you dislike" you've tried to bring up. Not sure which part of my post somehow directed you at believing what you've just said above.

And I dont want most of the infusions indees, but still think they should be more available for players. 

Cool -and I don't, since I don't see a problem with a few rare cosmetic items in mmorpg. I would see a problem with super rare items that give power to the players and as such are somehow crucial to perform better, but that's not it so it's k.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

52 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

This IMO. He sold it and now wants a system in place which would drive down the price so he could buy one again while keeping much of the gold.

Or is it that you are directly benefiting from infusions being very expensive and you are worried that if they become more available in some way, you will lose profit? You see how that works, I can toss out unfounded accusations about a person's motives too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Or is it that you are directly benefiting from infusions being very expensive and you are worried that if they become more available in some way, you will lose profit? You see how that works, I can toss out unfounded accusations about a person's motives too.

Yes, you can toss out "unfounded accusations", but what exactly was "unfounded" in the previous one, when OP tells us he got infusion and sold it for 9k? It's right in the first post of this thread. So was that part somehow "unfounded" here or was it the one where... we clearly see he wants the infusions to be cheaper now, when that's what this thread is?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Cool -and I don't, since I don't see a problem with a few rare cosmetic items in mmorpg. I would see a problem with super rare items that give power to the players and as such are somehow crucial to perform better, but that's not it so it's k.

Rarity from RNG is (Things like confetti) < Rarity from time, effort, and skill (things like  fractal abyssal, red celestial, or the bought infusion from raids/strikes.).  There's nothing  all that satisfying or healthy about battling RNG that requires thousands of attempts but can only be done once a day.

Now if it were more like runescape, where players could sit there and f arm the same boss and content all day, every day, I'd have less problems with it, but as it is, bosses are still on a lengthy respawn timer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, you can toss out "unfounded accusations", but what exactly was "unfounded" in the previous one, when OP tells us he got infusion and sold it for 9k? It's right in the first post of this thread. So was that part somehow "unfounded" here or was it the one where... we clearly see he wants the infusions to be cheaper now, when that's what this thread is?

And you keep missing the part of how that said infusion is already 9 times cheaper and I could literally purchase it right now if wanted

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

absolutely disagree.

i dont understand what is with this wave of players demanding that things (legendary tier stuff, very rare drops, endgame grinding, etc etc) be handed over to them or be made easier because they want it that way. the whole point of these things is that SOME of us will have them. MOST will not. they have worth to us as players because of the rarity. you remove the rarity? you remove the fun!

again. improving 'accessibility' to these things will just ruin everything. Everyone is not equal in this game, and that's ok, and does not need to change.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:26 AM, Labjax.2465 said:

I was kind of with you until you said the RNG drops are catering to excitement. I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons for complaints about this game's reward system is that the RNG drops worth any kind of excitement are so rare, you could go years without ever seeing one, if you ever see one at all. So 99% of what you experience is getting the same basic stuff you salvage and/or sell, every single time. It's consistent at least in that you can save up and get stuff, but that's not exactly "exciting."

I can understand that take.  However, what happens when there are no drops worth any amount of excitement?  Then, 100% of what you experience is getting the salvage bait, etc.  I also suspect those clamoring for more valuable drops to infuse excitement into the game for them are expecting friendlier drop rates than GW2 provides for the ultra-rare RNG drops.  The problem with that expectation is that the more often X drops, the less noteworthy it becomes.

I also think another problem of the RNG drops system is that because everything revolves around gold (to make gems to gold sales profitable for anet) some of the most "exciting" drops boil down to "you have a chance of looting a bunch of gold all at once," which takes away from some of the specialness of it, since that's already 99% of what you're doing, you just got something that can speed up your gold gain.

Fair enough, especially if the reason you're after the rare item is to sell it.

Mind you, this is not me saying we need more account bound drops. I don't have a strong take on what would make the game feel rewarding (it might require dismantling the gold/gems connection, which will never happen). I'm just disagreeing on reasons for why it doesn't feel rewarding enough.

I doubt eliminating gold-gems/gems-gold would make the game feel rewarding. We'd still have the same old 99.99% salvage/TP bait we have now, and there would be fewer gem store sales because a lot of people will just not buy gems for whatever reason.  the people who've been using gold-gems to get store items would likely feel less rewarded.