Fix forearned is forewarned

garanle.7481

How has something this bad been left in the game this long. the suit doesn't have enough stun to keep up, your punch mechanic is broken often requiring you to cycle around targets before punching works on the stunned one.  if you die then you don't have a bomb resupply so you SOL.  

This mission is garbage.  I get you were trying to do something like the VOA (everquest)  mission where you plan for enemies swarming you and it is a defense tower kind of thing.  This is poorly implemented and an utter disappointment.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Speaking as someone who has run 12 characters through this story episode, I really cannot understand the issues you are experiencing. Whilst I appreciate it might have bugged for you, I've never had any problems with this part of the story.

Blish's arm, (don't know where you came up with the idea of a "suit") isn't supposed to have unlimted power. It will overheat and you will have to allow it time to cool down. It also has a set number of stun bolts, though you have unlimited reloads when you have used up all the shots.

Perhaps you need to read the wiki to understand what to do, though heaven knows why you cannot understand how to use the arm in game, since things pop up telling you what each skill does as you gain them.

It is supposed to be tactical, rather than rush in and kill everything in sight instantly. If you chose to rush in, you will pay the price with the awakened summoning reinforcements.

If you run out of Bombs, you can go back to Canach and get some more.

Anyway, here is the wiki link to assist you...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forearmed_Is_Forewarned_(Living_World_Season_4)

Edited by Andy.5981
for spelling mistakes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think any mission that requires one to look at the wiki on how to complete it is broken in one way or another.

Needing to refer to wiki or other outside sources to figure out how to do certain achievements is OK.  But when I'm just playing through some mission, if things are not explained well enough on what is going on or what I need to do, to me that means that needs some work.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I think any mission that requires one to look at the wiki on how to complete it is broken in one way or another.

Needing to refer to wiki or other outside sources to figure out how to do certain achievements is OK.  But when I'm just playing through some mission, if things are not explained well enough on what is going on or what I need to do, to me that means that needs some work.

You might think that.

Except it doesn't require you to look at the wiki.

My post above was to assist the individuals who might be struggling to work out what to do despite Taimi and Blish actively telling you what to do via in game audio (which is also repeated via text in the chat window), along with mission aims situated in the information panel to the right of the screen and pop ups, which occur as you gain more and more abilities for Blish's arm as you progress through the mission, telling you what each ability does.

Oh and if you didnt see those pop ups Taimi and Blish again tell you what they are.

So no, whilst you may think what you think, you are wrong in your assumption. It isn't broken.

More a case I think of people blundering in and ignoring the information being given to them.

A case of RTFI.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

My only problem with that mission is the achievement to stun enemies with the teleport, it bugs out half the time, and after a while it just stops working and you have to restart the entire mission to have another chance.

They don't all have to be stunned during the same run, the achievement should track the count (Trip the Quantum Fantastic). But, if the counter resets after each run, then it needs bug reporting (on very rare occasions, certain achievements track correctly but display the wrong number on your hero panel, but u will still get the achievement rewarded once completed normally).