is it just me!

spankyed.4735

The problem with that is the fact that the jade mech itself is over-tuned; no class/spec should have an AI companion like that. And that mech problem is compounded by the Mechanist trait line being only about the mech: gut the mech, and the newest Engi espec becomes a gutted 2 trait line core Engi.

Yeah, Ranger (and its especs) pets need a looking over, and really, a rework imo. But not anything like a jade mech. 

• Like 6

It's not to bad, if they cut the DPS by about 30% it will be inline with most other specs. 

Right now on average most people get 15k in the open world on a boss, Mechanist can easily pull 20k and doesn't need any rotation. 

If the damage was roughly 13k I would be happy with its preformance. 

I prefer to think about it as a possible chance for pet improvement.
Also Mech was made from scratch, from animations and model to dps and utility, with a mindset that if it's not strong enough, the entire espec fails.
Ranger on the other hand uses old pet assets and uses the pet as a portion of it's kit with alternatives so if the pet is too strong it's a problem and if it's too weak: "Oh no. Anyway." .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

It does not matter: Engie is the devs favorite, ranger they need to check the wiki to know what an skill or trait does. Although even none of them admittedly play with the class at least somebody would think they could retain something from see it in the game design boards all day.  

Engineer was the least played class for a very long time.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They should add a "horde" e-spec where you can use your two pets at same time, with skills f1 f2 f3 for 1st pet and f4 f5 f6 to pet 2 , it seems broken a bit , but hey if engi mecha stays like this , any buffs/changes will not be seen op .

23 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I prefer to think about it as a possible chance for pet improvement.
Also Mech was made from scratch, from animations and model to dps and utility, with a mindset that if it's not strong enough, the entire espec fails.
Ranger on the other hand uses old pet assets and uses the pet as a portion of it's kit with alternatives so if the pet is too strong it's a problem and if it's too weak: "Oh no. Anyway." .

Mechs may be made from scratch but your "pet" do 33% of your job ... so not sure about this espec fail , just try it solo atacking with all buffs : it does 12k/damage alone . Not to mention his passive barrier/alacrity pulse who do half of your job passively when you are support , so in terms of design it is indeed a fail , cause too strong (at least in endgame content) , but in terms of efficiency its a blast .

5 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

It does not matter: Engie is the devs favorite, ranger they need to check the wiki to know what an skill or trait does. Although even none of them admittedly play with the class at least somebody would think they could retain something from see it in the game design boards all day.  

CMC is now head dev for balance- he's got a pretty good baseline understanding of every profession. Hopefully he can change this.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Engineer was the least played class for a very long time.

...When? Notice that rhymes with GWEN...

18 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

CMC is now head dev for balance- he's got a pretty good baseline understanding of every profession. Hopefully he can change this.

We'll have to see.  CMC brought us 300s CD's among other lovely things; his nerf bat is palpable when he's hydrated.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

We'll have to see.  CMC brought us 300s CD's among other lovely things; his nerf bat is palpable when he's hydrated.  

I also have my reservations about the ranger. He obviously knows a lot about the classes he plays but let me remind you under his wing we got some garbage nerfs like the one to OWP and other similar ones. Additonally i am still waiting for the un-nerfing of condition traits like sharpened edges and such. 

• Like 2