Quick Update on the Skills and Balance Team

Josh Davis.7865

7 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

Glad there is finally some movement on this. Good luck! If I could communicate one thing, it would be this:

• a month is a long time
  • 4 months is a really really long time
  • a year is an eternity
  • 2 years is the entire lifespan of many popular games

Please for the love of this game, don't let things languish for that long

1,000% agree. There are many reasons why that has happened, none of them are good,; responsibility needs to be accepted and interventions need to go out! As soon as now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Im concerned. The February 2020 megapatch that CMC brought us was an unmitigated disaster, and the damage its done is felt to this day. Its nice that the 300 seconds traits will be reworked, but what about all the now useless skills as a result of CC skills not doing any damage?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

A few months ago I was hoping for a lot of specific balance changes but at the current state of the game I'll be satisfied as long as something is done about Rifle Mechanist, cause I swear I lose more and more of my sanity every time I join a Raid or Strike group that consists of 6-8 mechs. Mech is more ranged and has the OP shift signet, why is it higher dmg than Holo?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5

I'm glad to see that there are tangible changes being made to the team in response to the June patch. I think the delay speaks to the damage that was done in that patch, that CMC cannot just "hit the ground running" and fully support the idea of the team taking its time and clearly making and laying out a balance philosophy. Even if I disagree with CMC's balance philosophy, he will have a huge amount of my respect simply for having a philosophy, clearly laying it out, and sticking to it.

1 hour ago, Raizel.1839 said:

A name is just a name, it changes nothing to me if Team Lead is person X or person Y, what really matters is good balance.

Exactly. I'm not inclined to believe some personality cultist is going to be good for game balance unless xe's had a strong vision/plan coming in the first place. Is xe going to approach only from raid-level PvE? PvP? WvW? 

What's going to be done to avoid repeating the happenings from the last time "experts" and "hardcore players with long play hours" were leading things? 

(Edit: oops, pronoun :3)

Edited by Rauderi.8706
Pronoun update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, coro.3176 said:

Glad there is finally some movement on this. Good luck! If I could communicate one thing, it would be this:

• a month is a long time
  • a year is an eternity

with all the excitement I have towards these healthy changes anet started delivering recently, I absolutely still have to support the time thing. I think that some changes can absolutely be released between the big balance patches. waiting 3 months for oppressive things to be worked on, is very mentally draining. things like balance, or waiting anywhere between a year and infinity for the 374 bugs that catalyst still has since release to be fixed, is definitely difficult, I mean it truly. Again I absolutely love what Anet is doing at the moment, but there needs to be some incremental patches introducing some of the changes, especially the easy changes, like changing scaling on weapons or skills.
Anyway cheers for the future of the game.

Edited by InBedWithMySelf.8632
  • Like 2

• a month is a long time
  • a year is an eternity

This is actually so kitten important. If pvp leagues need some stable balance Im okay with that. But PvE/WvW could need medium sized tweaks on a 4 week schedule with bigger stuff on a 2-3 month schedule. 1 or 2 balance patches a year for PvE when some things are this busted makes no sense. Also we have seen how much can be done in little time. Push the tempo.

• Thanks 2

• a month is a long time
  • a year is an eternity

This is actually so kitten important. If pvp leagues need some stable balance Im okay with that. But PvE/WvW could need medium sized tweaks on a 4 week schedule with bigger stuff on a 2-3 month schedule. 1 or 2 balance patches a year for PvE when some things are this busted makes no sense. Also we have seen how much can be done in little time. Push the tempo.

• a month is a long time
  • a year is an eternity