the IDEAL chance !!

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Hahaha it’d just be the most toxic bunker builds battling. 

I do think a way to incentivize dueling is definitely good. But doing it as a ranked mini season with rewards will just promote people using maximum bunker builds. As opposed to people being able to practice realistic builds for 5v5.

i think the era of bunkers is over, but i might be wrong, only one way to find out !

• Like 2

With damage being back in the game now to some extent, it might be possible to make something like this work.

To have a competitive mode without DuoQ or class-swapping would be something of a godsend.

8 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

And remove duo q

Wouldn't be surprised if the cartel found a way to DuoQ in 1v1

1v1 is not enough though. That would very likely be a miniseason, meaning you would have to endure the DuoQ cheese all throughout 5v5, 3v3, 2v2 until it rotates back which would be months.

There should be a way to queue standard 5v5 conquest solo and only be matched against other solos.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

With damage being back in the game now to some extent, it might be possible to make something like this work.

To have a competitive mode without DuoQ or class-swapping would be something of a godsend.

Wouldn't be surprised if the cartel found a way to DuoQ in 1v1

1v1 is not enough though. That would very likely be a miniseason, meaning you would have to endure the DuoQ cheese all throughout 5v5, 3v3, 2v2 until it rotates back which would be months.

There should be a way to queue standard 5v5 conquest solo and only be matched against other solos.

well, you just need to be around the same rating and q up as the same class offhours (higher you are, easier it gets), remember that box you have to confirm to get in the match, that'll make sure you get the opponent you want. Once ppl figure out the meta you know 80% of the players would be spamming the same class, if it was now, you prolly wouldnt have any mesmers qing up into those bladesworn in high ranks.

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

well, you just need to be around the same rating and q up as the same class offhours (higher you are, easier it gets), remember that box you have to confirm to get in the match, that'll make sure you get the opponent you want. Once ppl figure out the meta you know 80% of the players would be spamming the same class, if it was now, you prolly wouldnt have any mesmers qing up into those bladesworn in high ranks.

I feel that, I don't think the game is balanced for 1v1 at all, but it supports a healthy mindset. If one was willing to forget about profession balance and look at 1v1s from a match quality perspective it would be quick matches with no room for bs, barring class-swapping which shouldn't even be in the game anyway.

And it is still an MMO meant to be played with other people; as the cartel will so commonly point out, which is why 5v5 SoloQ conquest would be even better.

They don't even have to touch teams. Just make a solos mode. If anyone has a problem with that then they're a proven, exposed wintrader.