Revenant in PVP

MichalAniol.5807

Hello all,

Recently I tried to play revenant in PvP for a few weeks now in many different ways and I find it that I struggle a lot most of the time.

- whole class seems very vulnerable to CC - if they get you, you are basically dead

- doesn't seem to do much damage, feels like every other class just straight avoids it or brush it off - that may be a problem on my part (I probably land it very badly) but I see another problem too - after burst youre done, and either you reset outside fight praying not to be focused or just run to different point just to be catched by 2 or 3 of the enemy team

- skill activation/animations feels sluggish

- sacrifice your damage for survi and you are usless 

I really, REALLY wanted to play revenant instead of main guard which I'm tired of atm - is there any build/video explanaiton how to play the actuall kitten of this class?

• Thanks 1

Power Herald is strong at organized teams in ATs, but close to fall out of meta. Does good burst damage and relies in stunbreaks and mobility for sustain, not stability or health recovery.

In ranked and unranked is way weaker; without team coordination to +1 is brittle in current reamfights, lacks self sustain and loses to almost every sidenoder when the skill is similar. Has barely a chance vs the EoD bruisers, specially since a lot of them have both range pressure and condition pressure.

Condi Herald has a lot more sustain, better cleanses and similar cc, so is good in teamfights, but far from being meta. Hammer Herald is fun to shut down enemy teams which stack Mechanists and harbingers, but weak in 1 vs 1.

Revenant could have some strong pressence in PvP if ANet wasn't busy nerfing every pre-EoD spec prior to the expansion release; Vindi was doomed to fail from the start: every attempt from ANet to circunvent the basic mechanics of the game (like dodging) delivered either overboosted specs which overshadowed for years the alternatives (Daredevil vs Deadeye and core Thief) of ended deleted from the game mode (Mirage).

Is important to state that in general ANet spent 0 effort thinking about EoD's PvP: no new map, game modes, runes, nothing. Most of the specs were garbage at release (Willbender, Bladesworn. Virtuoso... ) then buffed with very little consideration to balance (WB, Mechanist, Catalyst) or bugs (Bladesworn). They have ramped up the pace of the balance patches but I think that is mostly due PvP pupulation have tanked HARD  since EoD release, and the game mode is at its lowest even after the Seam release...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1