vindicator elite skills & healing traits and utilities

Jopettaja.7451

Elite skills

I think the urn of saint viktor is one of the weirdest skill in game, i cant be the only one who thinks its kinda weird carrying someone elses urn and not only that but smashing it on the ground again and again, its such a weird skill visually having this very large object hovering right in front of your face. I think it would be so much cooler skill if the Viktor himself would spawn same way Archermorus spawns in the other elite skill but Viktor would be fully blue instead red and he would follow you, not like minions but more like scrapper gyros, you are the source of the heals and boons, Viktor is the visuals right behind you a little bit to left or right kind of as your shadow moving with you and healing other players for you, pretty much same as now, but instead of urn infront of your face you would have Viktor behind your back

Spear of archemorus i would make into upkeep skill. Alliance stances arechemorus side is the only legend that does not have any upkeep skill, the archemorus could stand still and continue throwing spears with this huge range as long as you keep the upkeep active. Dps on the skill would be adjusted accordingly.

Over all i think this would be much cooler way to present both of them and kind of the rivarly between them, being able to spawn both in the world and see the contrast with blue and red characters and hear their banter to each other

Traits

I think theres clearly ment to be a healer build for vindicator, there are traits turning your whole new class dodge mechanic into ally healing, giving bonus healing to others, the whole saint viktor legendary stance is all allied focused healing, cleansing and boon sharing yet there is not any possibility it to be a actual real viable end game heal build in pve because of the direction game has been taken, every healer has to give either quickness or alacricity (with one rare exception heal scourge), vindicator gives neither and you cant be a healer without one of these boons anymore.

There used to be heal vindicator build for a short period until alac was taken away form core revenant (not saying it was neccesarily a bad choice overall) killing the heal vindi build completely from pve, or is heal vindicator ment only for wvw and pvp? Or are all of these heals and traits ment to be just for a few extra odd heals here and there for you and your buddies in open world or what is the purpose for all of these heal traits and skills when all vindicator seems to be used is a pure dps. It feels there have not been a clear picture what this spec was ment to be, inside the elite spec itself but also what is its place in the whole revenant profession and now its kind of multiple not well working bit weird specs put together with only one of them, power DPS, standing out and being somewhat decent and a lot of missing potential. Having such a good healing/boon traits and possibility for 3 legends I actually think vindicator had much more potential to be firebrand like multitool healer/dps than herald, but now Herald has quick and Renegade has alac, i doubt vindicator gets either, Vindicator feels kinda like power version of firebrand without quickness, so what remains for the heal vindicator? PvP? WvW? A bit more self heals? a few random friendly heals? Or what is point of all of these traits and heals?

Power dps vindicator is still okay and easy spec to play, nothing spectacular but its ok, i would still recommend it especially to newer players who want to get into strikes, raids or fractals, easy to play and easy to gear up but i still cant help thinking there is supposed to be more with this dual alliance system

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10.09.2022 at 16:34, Jopettaja.7451 said:

особенно новым игрокам

it’s better to advise you to leave right away, the revenant is never a friendly class, and even in fractals and raids, you need more than one miserable evasion to master the mechanics

On 10.09.2022 at 16:34, Jopettaja.7451 said:

но я все еще не могу помогите подумать, что в этой системе двойного альянса должно быть больше

I'm sorry, but at the very top there is a fixed topic where hundreds of guys expressed similar thoughts. Have you heard us? No. Arena does not look back at our opinion, what's the point of crushing water in a mortar?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Actually Saintgaroo is a very good support spec in WvW. I mostly play it for WvW zergs and solo bunker fights. 

I sacrifice damage potential for top level support output.  Right now it's not as popular due to the past stigma against Support Revenant that aren't Hammer Herald, which isn't really a support spec. Alacrity is useless in WvW and PvP. Yes boons like quickness is great, but condition cleansing and recovery is very great. Also we have an AoE stun break like old Herald.

The elite is the main thing I have a problem with, since it was clearly meant to be a powerful sacrificial upkeep skill, but due to the flawed design, its a instant pop and use skill. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:34 PM, Jopettaja.7451 said:

Elite skills

I think the urn of saint viktor is one of the weirdest skill in game, i cant be the only one who thinks its kinda weird carrying someone elses urn and not only that but smashing it on the ground again and again, its such a weird skill visually having this very large object hovering right in front of your face. I think it would be so much cooler skill if the Viktor himself would spawn same way Archermorus spawns in the other elite skill but Viktor would be fully blue instead red and he would follow you, not like minions but more like scrapper gyros, you are the source of the heals and boons, Viktor is the visuals right behind you a little bit to left or right kind of as your shadow moving with you and healing other players for you, pretty much same as now, but instead of urn infront of your face you would have Viktor behind your back

Spear of archemorus i would make into upkeep skill. Alliance stances arechemorus side is the only legend that does not have any upkeep skill, the archemorus could stand still and continue throwing spears with this huge range as long as you keep the upkeep active. Dps on the skill would be adjusted accordingly.

Over all i think this would be much cooler way to present both of them and kind of the rivarly between them, being able to spawn both in the world and see the contrast with blue and red characters and hear their banter to each other

Traits

I think theres clearly ment to be a healer build for vindicator, there are traits turning your whole new class dodge mechanic into ally healing, giving bonus healing to others, the whole saint viktor legendary stance is all allied focused healing, cleansing and boon sharing yet there is not any possibility it to be a actual real viable end game heal build in pve because of the direction game has been taken, every healer has to give either quickness or alacricity (with one rare exception heal scourge), vindicator gives neither and you cant be a healer without one of these boons anymore.

There used to be heal vindicator build for a short period until alac was taken away form core revenant (not saying it was neccesarily a bad choice overall) killing the heal vindi build completely from pve, or is heal vindicator ment only for wvw and pvp? Or are all of these heals and traits ment to be just for a few extra odd heals here and there for you and your buddies in open world or what is the purpose for all of these heal traits and skills when all vindicator seems to be used is a pure dps. It feels there have not been a clear picture what this spec was ment to be, inside the elite spec itself but also what is its place in the whole revenant profession and now its kind of multiple not well working bit weird specs put together with only one of them, power DPS, standing out and being somewhat decent and a lot of missing potential. Having such a good healing/boon traits and possibility for 3 legends I actually think vindicator had much more potential to be firebrand like multitool healer/dps than herald, but now Herald has quick and Renegade has alac, i doubt vindicator gets either, Vindicator feels kinda like power version of firebrand without quickness, so what remains for the heal vindicator? PvP? WvW? A bit more self heals? a few random friendly heals? Or what is point of all of these traits and heals?

Power dps vindicator is still okay and easy spec to play, nothing spectacular but its ok, i would still recommend it especially to newer players who want to get into strikes, raids or fractals, easy to play and easy to gear up but i still cant help thinking there is supposed to be more with this dual alliance system

vindi is easy to a certain point, camping gs, using shiro and jalis, and dodging off cd, the problem is, frist vindis require huge hitbox targets to truly make use of gs5 dmg, and aliance is just more difficult and doesnt realy improve dmg compared to jalis, the same way using sw/sw as weapon swap just overcomplicates the build with no benefits, and thats sad for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, Jopettaja.7451 said:

Elite skills

*hats off*

10 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

Is actually not that weird, this is how ritualist worked in GW1. You run around and carry somebody's urn and drop it sometimes for effects.

Cool, I never really sank my teeth in gw1 can't really remember every detail unfortunately. Not against the urn idea, but it would be nice to seeing Viktor in action.

5 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Cool, I never really sank my teeth in gw1 can't really remember every detail unfortunately. Not against the urn idea, but it would be nice to seeing Viktor in action.

That's still very unlikely because is an animation change. They pretty much never do this. They are much more likely to do functional or numbers change than just a sole animation change because it provides no gameplay benefits for quite a bit of work compared to function/number update.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, Warscythes.9307 said:

That's still very unlikely because is an animation change. They pretty much never do this. They are much more likely to do functional or numbers change than just a sole animation change because it provides no gameplay benefits for quite a bit of work compared to function/number update.

that's prety much the fact. Yeah tbh urn thing isn't a issue, not like warrior's gunblade hehe.

saint Victor Urn is , by no means, also saint and we as revenant are honoured to carry It. It breaks sometimes... well , happens. Nothing we can do about it. Urns are fragile items made of ceramics. Even saint ceramics break, what can we do. for sure it is not us breaking The urn, it breaks itself. don't spread  blashemy.

Edited by Polar.8634