Increase the Guild "joined" limit to 10

Hi Guild Wars 2 team,

I would like to suggest to have the guild "joined" limit increased to at least 10.

The following are the reasons for this suggestion:

• Guilds are cross-region, it has turned into a "Community" more than being a traditional gaming "guild".
  • Those of us who are on time zones that happens to be off-peak for our region have an extra challenge of finding people to play with it - we have to rely on PUGs.
  • There are players who already consumed one or two guild slots for exclusive communities -- for example, family only guild; or office guild. It's more of a "community" as mentioned earlier than a guild guild.
  • We want to join other regional/country/timezone related guilds but we no longer have slots. We have to sacrifice other communities and guilds -- practically cutting connection with the existing ones.

A limit of 10 "joined" guilds is, I think, more than enough. A limit of 5 worked fine back when guilds were Home-based. But today that it has turned into a "community" instead of a traditional gaming "guild", 10 is a good number to allow players build communities and connect with more players.

While we are at it, please also add a feature wherein we can re-arrange our guild memberships.

Thank you.

P.S.

For some players it does not matter; or a limit of 5 is more than enough. That is understandable, and it's good it is more than enough for you. This suggestion is for those who will benefit from it, or have a need for it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And when its 10, we will see posts that 10 isnt enough for some people, they want 15.

And when its 15, we will see posts that 15 isnt enough for some people, they want 20.

Etc and so on. Sometimes you just need to draw a line... and thats 5. We used to have just 1 guild we could talk to.

Agree with the first part cause we people will never be content with what we have, the second part is just poor reasoning.

There is no real reason not to do this. We used to have many things that changed over the years, this one wouldn't have any impact on the game itself, it'd just improve the gameplay experience for some people.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And when its 10, we will see posts that 10 isnt enough for some people, they want 15.

And when its 15, we will see posts that 15 isnt enough for some people, they want 20.

Etc and so on. Sometimes you just need to draw a line... and thats 5. We used to have just 1 guild we could talk to.

Why? What about number of guilds you can be in is an important line to draw? You could just as easily say the same if the number was 2 and someone proposed 5.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I can barely keep track of the people in 1 guild. I'm amazed that people can manage 5 already. Not for or against this, but I would be interested in what this could mean for the game if they upped the number. Strange as it may sound but it could affect performance, for example, since it relates to the amount of information that has to be active for your characters when logged into the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would rather see any dev time that is for guilds to look at Missions and Mission rewards vs trying to add more guilds. The guild system is pretty disfunctional. Missions could have rewards revamps to be relavent like stat selectable exotics for comms + gold perhaps and maybe some simple new things for vets to buy maybe too. And then maybe redo the Missions. Missions could be doing strikes, pof bounties, more world boss events maybe.

It seems like Guilds are just in major need of things so why suggest dev time toward this *shrug* Just my take.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

Agree with the first part cause we people will never be content with what we have, the second part is just poor reasoning.

There is no real reason not to do this. We used to have many things that changed over the years, this one wouldn't have any impact on the game itself, it'd just improve the gameplay experience for some people.

7 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Why? What about number of guilds you can be in is an important line to draw? You could just as easily say the same if the number was 2 and someone proposed 5.

Well, at what point would you say being an active guild member turns into just taking a spot or being a guild membership collector?

If any of that is even considered, maybe first increase the number of possible chat tabs 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well, at what point would you say being an active guild member turns into just taking a spot or being a guild membership collector?

If any of that is even considered, maybe first increase the number of possible chat tabs 🙃

I'd say that there are different guilds offering different things and some people just wanna tap into all of that.

I am already on full and I have about 3 more guilds I'd like to join because each of them offers different kind of content I'd like to participate in.

I just don't feel like trading one of the guilds I like and am already in for another one if it could be solved by allowing me to exist in all of them without any real impact to everyone else.  I mean even if people did join guilds just to join that many guilds, how does that negatively impact your or anyone elses gameplay?

The only thing I could think of is rigging the account value on GW2Efficiency by personal guild banks if it includes more than one when the conditions are met - not sure if they even decided to implement it or not, I just noticed some chatting about it while back.

And I am also down for improved chat tabs system, it's rather obsolete.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2022 at 4:21 AM, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

Not according to the devs. Before the first WvW restructuring beta, players were asking for one more guild slot so they could join an "alliance guild" without leaving any of their others. An ANet dev responded that the current limit is hardcoded in a way that is not simple to change. It's not like just adjusting a guild max parameter and calling it good.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/11/2022 at 12:25 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Why do we have to draw a line.  I can understand technical issues, but other than that, why limit the number of guilds a person can join.  If the guild is willing to accept someone that belongs to many guilds, why stop them?  What's the point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Let the guild decide if the player is active in the guild or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Oh Yes! For some people its really nice that they can join More guild. I want to join a pvp guild and a guild created to do the marionette daily but i am allready in 5 guilds: a pve guild, a friend guild, a family guild, a wvw guild and a raid training guild 

I’m sure i’m not the only one is this situation! So pls let us join more guilds

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I'm all for more guild slots!

I've joined several other guilds for their activities without officially joining the guild in-game (but joined their discord), which is a shame because I could have more interaction with them when they're not on discord for scheduled event. It's very inconvenient because I need 1 or 2 people from the guild to add me and pm me when they need me to fill (ie: raid, or any other instanced content that were advertised within the guild which I can't see unless I'm in the guild.

I don't always play around the same time everyday, therefore joining more groups would benefit me from playing with guilds that are active on different timezone (I'm sure people who work shifts can relate too, allegedly 😛).

Edited by Blueberry.8095
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, Moradorin.6217 said:

I would rather see any dev time that is for guilds to look at Missions and Mission rewards vs trying to add more guilds. The guild system is pretty disfunctional. Missions could have rewards revamps to be relavent like stat selectable exotics for comms + gold perhaps and maybe some simple new things for vets to buy maybe too. And then maybe redo the Missions. Missions could be doing strikes, pof bounties, more world boss events maybe.

It seems like Guilds are just in major need of things so why suggest dev time toward this *shrug* Just my take.

Or give guilds more reasons to exist beyond daily node farm and a chat room. WvW has claim mechanics, which is cool, while PvE can... spawn 2-3 bosses? Even rework of PvE guild missions would be welcome - guild raid run, guild strike, guild fractals and so on

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:25 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

So yeah, there could be a Gem shop item for new guild slots as there are ones for new bank tabs, char slots, ....

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 4

1. this ins't so simple, because the servers have to manage guilds chats traffic for each player, is basically doubling server use for this, it can impact performance.

2. Discord actually turned into a largest "guild hub". so u have a solution thats not impact gw2 performance. 

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Sad 1