Living World S4 + Icebrood, can a party member join who doesnt own them?

Gadzooks.4687

Playing through the game with my son.

I own all the living story chapters.

In the past, Ive been able to group with my son, start the LW story chapter, and he was able to play along with me.... Up until after HoT where some of the LW zones wouldnt let him go there, even if he used teleport to friend while actively on the story chapter with me.

Does anyone know if LWS4 and Icebrood allow for people who dont own them to play along with people who do? Or will my son be unable to even go to the new zones despite being in my group as I start the story chapter?

It probably worked before because Dry Top and Silverwastes are accessible with the core game, not needed LW2. New zones are tied to the chapter, so I suspect the answer is no (I'm sure there's something on the wiki about it, but I don't know off the top of my head...).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kiri.1467 said:

It probably worked before because Dry Top and Silverwastes are accessible with the core game, not needed LW2. New zones are tied to the chapter, so I suspect the answer is no (I'm sure there's something on the wiki about it, but I don't know off the top of my head...).

This is correct so no he wont be able to join you in anything above season 2.

• Thanks 1