Bug or Feature? Gen 3 Kill Graphics

27 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

The legendary weapon kill graphics of gen 3 still happens if i don't currently have gen 3 equipped, but it is in the exchange weapon slot. Is it supposed to happen? Or just a bug?

The exchange weapon slot counts as having that weapon equipped. It merely isn't your active weapon. This is mirrored with say stacking Sigils which require only be present on 1 weapon set or with bundles which, while actually replacing the active weapon, still take advantage of Sigils or agony resistance.

Moving underwater actually unequips weapons and head piece, switching them out for the underwater weapons and armor equipped.

Granted, this can feel inconsistent given stats are only granted by the active weapon set.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

If you have a stacking sigil, it's effects don't continue to stack if you swap to a set which doesn't have the same sigil. Likewise when i have a lege weapon equipped, i only get footfalls (and other effects) if it's in the active weapon slot. It sounds like a bug if you're getting the 'on death' effect whilst not actively using the weapon.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:28 PM, Funky.4861 said:

If you have a stacking sigil, it's effects don't continue to stack if you swap to a set which doesn't have the same sigil. Likewise when i have a lege weapon equipped, i only get footfalls (and other effects) if it's in the active weapon slot. It sounds like a bug if you're getting the 'on death' effect whilst not actively using the weapon.

If you have a stacking sigil, it might not continue to stack, but it also doesn't remove the stacked effect when you swap away unlike if you remove the sigil. This actually now gives classes like engi or elementalist an advantage in some content where, even though they are not allowed to weapon swap, you can have a stacked buff on the inactive set while making full use of the 2 sigil of the active set.

It is overall very inconsistent what applies and what doesn't apply to active and inactive weapon sets. Maybe it's a bug, maybe not. The intent the developers had/have would be the deterministic factor, and that is something we would have to guess until either told or this is fixed.

As is right now, it is possible to stack up to 4 different gen3 death animations if using a different variations in each weapon slot. This either is left the way it is, or if fixed would reduce the amount of death animations possible to happen at the same time down to 2 (aka 2 per weapon set).

Edited by Cyninja.2954

If it's a bug it's a harmless positive one that will probably upset people if it's removed. I've heard of this but no one would confirm it for Engi when I asked them or got confused.

I also wanted to know:

If I'm Mechanist and using a Rifle and have a Gen3 Sword in 2nd weapon set (which is equipable but not useable on MCH) will it proc the Kill Effects too? Ultimately this would influence whether I wanted to craft a mace or a sword.

18 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I think legendary effects should be a separate wardrobe category applicable to all weapons once unlocked.

That would actually be a nice upgrade and could be worked in along the lines of say an "effect wardrobe" incorporating infusions and such.

It would also allow for some rework and management of the insane amount of flashy effects stack-ability.