Challenge Mode Open World Meta events

Mell.4873

I'm back with another suggestion.

I think the best way to trigger a CM is by having some overload/overcharge Level during a Pre-Meta event. Similar to how the Attraction Levels work for the Chak Gerent Event in Tangled Depths.
I could also see the time it takes to complete the Pre-Event also be indicator for the CM version.

The main reason I like this idea is the number of players doesn't really reflect how fast they can complete the Open World Meta event rather its the relative skill of the players.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Open world is fine the way it is. Improvements are always good, but I don’t think this is it. It’s supposed to be a chill experience. Remember dragon end meta when it first was released? Forum flooded with ppl complaining about the difficulty. Most open world players do not want it to be difficult. They want it to be fun and rewarding. 

if ppl want challenging content they go for instanced content. Which is where challenging content should be. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

Open world is fine the way it is. Improvements are always good, but I don’t think this is it. It’s supposed to be a chill experience. Remember dragon end meta when it first was released? Forum flooded with ppl complaining about the difficulty. Most open world players do not want it to be difficult. They want it to be fun and rewarding. 

if ppl want challenging content they go for instanced content. Which is where challenging content should be. 

People don't have access to Instanced content in the same way. I mean most hard instances content requires some metric of coordination and gear, while all open world meta events don't.

The CM has to be triggered by everyone playing the map so if people are playing chill and not coordinating it wont activate. It will be for these guild wide organized groups to coordinate and get greater rewards.

I will say I do see a better flaw in my suggestion, Most Open World content is in fact some of the highest Gold Per Hour you can achieve so I would be adding to that problem by suggestion a CM version.

4 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

These could be triggered as guild missions. 

Amazing Idea

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I agree AS LONG AS Anet knows how to modify some of the mechanics to be more challenging. Dragon End's meta should be looked into when implementing this. Also, with most CM, I am afraid that this will also gating some people with "not going for meta" build etc... the goal of open world meta bosses and some instance that have repeated event like Dragonfall or Drizzlewood will more likely challenging to implement the CM version.

But if you are saying as a specific instance like guild, I can think that as a nice thing to add to farm guild commendation also... (I always miss this because of the timezone) 😞

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I would rather see the design of meta events and pre-events being brought to a level where the mechanics consist of more than just "1-1-1 your way through hordes of dumb KI enemies before slaying the boss."

With the exception of Dragon's End and Echovald Wilds, I find the EoD meta boss fights uninspired. The same goes for all the EoD pre-events, which have super boring mechanics, if any, with very few exceptions (e.g., the sad/happy faced Naga event in Dragon's End).

Designs like Tarir's 4 challenges, followed by 4 different boss events, are sorely missed.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

35 minutes ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

I still haven't successfully completed Triple Trouble.

That is my response to this thread.

Have you tried to complete it tho? Because i dont even remember the last time mine failed.

It requires an instance that is actually invested into it, so some instance surfing with LFG is required.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Have you tried to complete it tho? Because i dont even remember the last time mine failed.

It requires an instance that is actually invested into it, so some instance surfing with LFG is required.

I mean I've tried, yeah.

....Whether or not anyone else in the map really even registered it was happening, though...

5 minutes ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

I mean I've tried, yeah.

....Whether or not anyone else in the map really even registered it was happening, though...

Ah yeah. You def need an instance which is filled with ppl for that event. Its one of those world bosses where you cannot just show up 5minutes before it spawns and kill it.