Daredevil Staff+Pistol/Pistol: What's my CC?

notebene.3190

Besides using that elite, do I have any other CC?

Seems like every weapon should have some CC, like in the 4 position, or something. I assumed the bola shot (if that's what it's still called; #2) would have some soft, but it doesn't seem to work very well against those new 1/2/4 elites during the Jungle Wurm fight.

Head Shot (Pistol 4) is literally the best CC in the game cause its spammable. If you pool your initiative decently well sharing Basi Venom then spamming 3-4 headshots just anihilates breakbars.

Paralyzation Sigil is a must on your OH Pistol for PvE because of this as well.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 5

General question for some of these moves, and why I'm realizing I missed them, why don't they have 'defiance break' info on the mouse over? Like pistol 2 has an immobilize component, which I assumed was at least a soft CC? Pistol 4 (Head Shot) has the daze, which I'm assuming is a soft because it doesn't like 'defiance break', and probably why I didn't think to try it? Or are they just a little behind in labeling all the abilities properly?

@Sifu.9745 that P5, Dodge S1 seems kinda fun. Haven't done it on anything real yet, just practiced the move in space, but fun.

• Like 1

The "defiance break" info you get from some off skills is relatively new. The fact that they did damage to defiance bars has been around for a long time, but its only been maybe a year since they started adding that text to skills. It'll be added one day, when they get around to it.

Another note, in the trickery trait line, you can take "Sleight of hand" which let's your steal daze your target. 

• Like 1

• Take Basilisk Venom and pop it when you're in a group to get huge breakbar damage.

• Spam Headshot.

• Take a healing skill or stun break utility that also applies stealth (Hide in Shadows or Blinding Powder), if you don't need it to survive you can use it to set up your staff sneak attack.

• If you're in Pistol/Pistol but you can swap weapons, put down Black Powder and use your Bounding Dodge to gain stealth, then swap to staff and execute the sneak attack.

• EMP Charge from IBS-mastery Waystations works great in open world.

• Termite Shovels, Metal Bars, &c. still work in open world.

• Like 2